ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
McVay may be reading defenses but Goff is playing extremely well aside from that. He has great pocket awareness, he's not holding the ball too long, he's very accurate... He's just been excellent aside from anything pre-snap.

My sudden thought about the Cowboys game... Any concerns about the weather? Looked it up and they're saying low to mid 30s with almost 20mph of wind. IIRC the only cold game Dak has really ever played in was last year's Giants game, and he wasn't very good then.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My sudden thought about the Cowboys game... Any concerns about the weather? Looked it up and they're saying low to mid 30s with almost 20mph of wind. IIRC the only cold game Dak has really ever played in was last year's Giants game, and he wasn't very good then.

I saw that mentioned at CZ, but it wasn't just cold that game at NYG it was raining some too IIRC.

The Giants didn't exactly light up the scoreboard that night either. They scored 10 pts.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dak is going to need to take shots down field. when was the last deep ball to butler? can they use switzer in the passing offense a little more?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dak is going to need to take shots down field. when was the last deep ball to butler? can they use switzer in the passing offense a little more?

For whatever reason, it doesn't seem like Butler is getting much playing time again.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw that mentioned at CZ, but it wasn't just cold that game at NYG it was raining some too IIRC.

The Giants didn't exactly light up the scoreboard that night either. They scored 10 pts.

And yet he's sucked for the last four weeks in ideal playing conditions. Go figure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And yet he's sucked for the last four weeks in ideal playing conditions. Go figure.

This is true unfortunately. Hopefully he turns it around these last 4 games.

Probably more important that even winning the last 4 and maybe squeaking into the playoffs is at a minimum, Prescott reverts to his rookie form and plays well (win or lose) If Prescott continues to play poorly then it might make re-evaluating the QB position in the offseason somewhat of a priority. Drafting someone in April might become a necessity.

That said, I still think he showed enough last year to be a legit week in and week out starter. I think some of his struggles this year are due to the offensive system itself, although his mechanics haven't been as good either. (Which in itself is another indictment of the coaching staff)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Typical Collinsworth idiocy - pregame gushing, "just throw it to Julio Jones, just throw it to him even when he's covered he's not" and now that Atlanta has 3 picks in a row on balls forced to a covered Jones, this fucking genius says, "I don't understand why he's forcing the ball to Julio Jones!"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Typical Collinsworth idiocy - pregame gushing, "just throw it to Julio Jones, just throw it to him even when he's covered he's not" and now that Atlanta has 3 picks in a row on balls forced to a covered Jones, this fucking genius says, "I don't understand why he's forcing the ball to Julio Jones!"

LOL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Doesn’t an ATL win tonight finally kill all possibility of us making the playoffs?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
“Garrett’s golf clap” is finally appropriate!

Now that there is nothing left to play for it’s time to tank the rest of the season

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That’s the way I understand it.

Then you don't understand it either apparently.

It's not rocket science folks. The Falcons have 5 losses. If they lose two games they'll have 7 losses. They have games at Tampa, at New Orleans and Carolina at home. We have 6 losses. If we win out we'd be 10-6.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
“Garrett’s golf clap” is finally appropriate!

Now that there is nothing left to play for it’s time to tank the rest of the season

The season isn't over dude, though unlikely, the Cowboys can still make the playoffs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but read about it and saw a few lowlights on on NFLN.

First, Arthur Blank was clearly rewarded last night by Goodell for a job well done in getting him that ridiculous contract extension.

The Falcons were given NINE first downs due to penalties on New Orleans last night, including a really awful roughing the passer call that gave Atlanta their first TD. They'd have had to punt on the drive and instead, ended up with 7.

Total penalties last night, Saints had 11, Falcons had 4. But the nine first downs from penalty I've ever seen before.

Second, my boss went to the game. Said there were 1000's and 1000's of empty seats. And it wasn't just "late arriving crowd" he said it stayed that way entire game.

The game itself was apparently awful, with the Saints having tons of injuries and Drew Brees slamming the league afterward for TNF games (something numerous players have done)

Top Bottom