let the mental gymnastics begin

flame-lighting.gif

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1988 was the last time we wore blue @ the Meadowlands. It was also the last time Dooms' prostate worked.

Edit: My bad. It was 1987.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
1988 was the last time we wore blue @ the Meadowlands. It was also the last time Dooms' prostate worked.
Ah yes, the game where Kevin Sweeney came on and threw 3 TDs in the second half, then he got annihilated by the Vikes in the next game and was never seen again.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

That's someone I'm very intrigued about.

Matt Patricia too

oddly, Belichicks coaches haven't been successful on their own, wonder why that is

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Matt Patricia too

oddly, Belichicks coaches haven't been successful on their own, wonder why that is

o'brien has probably been the "best" and that's not saying very much up to this point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Matt Patricia too

I think ultimately each individual is different, but it's definitely a pattern there that Belichick's assistants struggle mightily when they are the HC. Josh McDaniels already had a chance too and wasn't very good. Maybe he wasn't ready then, but if the Giants hire him I really wont be losing any sleep.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ATTN: dbair, get your swear jar ready

Off brutal game Monday, Walt Anderson to call Cowboys-Giants
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- If you saw the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Cincinnati Bengals on ESPN’s Monday Night Football, then you saw a lot of referee Walt Anderson.

You will see him Sunday when the Cowboys take on the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium. This will be the second Cowboys’ game Anderson will have. He called the 33-19 win against the Washington Redskins in Week 8 and not surprisingly the Cowboys had a season-high 89 yards on eight flags.

Since 2010, Anderson has worked seven Dallas games, and the Cowboys have been penalized 44 times for 383 yards. Their opponents have been flagged 46 times for 362 yards. The Cowboys have a 4-3 record in those matchups.

Monday’s game between the Steelers and Bengals was brutal. Anderson’s crew called 23 penalties with 20 accepted. The Bengals were penalized 13 times for 173 yards. The Steelers were penalized seven times for 66 yards.

The breakdown:

False start: 3
Unnecessary roughness: 4
Unsportsmanlike conduct: 1
Offside: 2
Offensive holding: 5
Face mask: 2
Illegal shift: 1
Defensive pass interference: 2
Hitting a player out of bounds on punt: 1
Roughing the passer: 1
Taunting: 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First: 2
Second: 6
Third: 6
Fourth: 9

link: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4764321/off-brutal-game-monday-walt-anderson-to-call-cowboys-giants

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So two things on the Ju Ju hit: 1) looked legal to me 2) I cant think of a more deserving target or bigger a hole than Burfict. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if a envelope full of cash mysteriously turned up in Ju Ju's locker today.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
b47ce7ceb1b916f356619589a8fd8aeb.jpg

The thought of him coaching the NYG for the next few years does not leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling

With the talent they have they would be a scary team with a good HC

and a new QB

But I’m sure Chucky could squeeze another decent season or two out of Eli

Enough to fuck us out of the playoffs for a couple more years

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know Scot. I'm not a big Gruden fan although he would be an upgrade over what we have. I think some coaches have been away from the game for so long that it really is a pretty big obstacle for them when/if they want to return to the game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Where Ben McAdoo makes me laugh and feel like the Giants have no shot at beating us, with Gruden at the helm I would always know that Garrett will be out coached

Reaction score
Where Ben McAdoo makes me laugh and feel like the Giants have no shot at beating us, with Gruden at the helm I would always know that Garrett will be out coached

McAdoo finished his career as Giants coach with a 2-1 record against Garrett. Garrett could not out coach me ffs, let alone an actual coach even if that coach is bad compared to the average coach.

Top Bottom