dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
God this league sux.

[video=youtube;cq06XO3twzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq06XO3twzw[/video]

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Kamara leaving after the first series really hurt the Saints, as did a shitload of injuries on defense. And Brees should know better than to try to squeeze that pass in when they were already in FG range.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
0b15edceb78ddfd9a65ddb929f2af503.jpg

ENJOY

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was a really good game last night. My feeling was that the Saints are definitely the better, more solid team. If Kamara doesn't get hurt or if the Saints don't get so banged up on defense, they probably win. Ryan was incredibly shaky, but his OC doesn't help him much, either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It was a really good game last night. My feeling was that the Saints are definitely the better, more solid team. If Kamara doesn't get hurt or if the Saints don't get so banged up on defense, they probably win. Ryan was incredibly shaky, but his OC doesn't help him much, either.

Good game if you like officials deciding who wins and loses I guess

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No David Irving for Sunday, bad loss for us. Collins is also injured but they think he will play.

Ash moving into starting lineup at DT

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember this play?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it was beasley who is mad that teams are covering him differently

edit: and to that i say boo hoo. all your coaches went to clown college and they can't call plays to get you (or anybody else) open.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carrot Top would never do this, but if he had any balls he would. We've been reamed almost weekly by these fucking clowns and the league office and he says nothing, just stands there with a dopey look on his face.

Props to Sean Payton for saying what should be said, that NFL officiating is 100% garbage

Saints coach Sean Payton calls out officials; NFL reviewing coach's behavior

1:48 PM ET

Kevin Seifert
NFL Nation

The NFL is reviewing the behavior toward the officiating crew Thursday night by New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton, who remained steadfast in his criticism Friday.

Payton said he has not talked to anyone from the league yet, but he was still fuming Friday afternoon over what he called "extremely poor" officiating and said the inconsistency and "confidence level" in officials needs to be improved from the top of the league office.

"It's frustrating when you have a game, instead of it being decided on the field like it's supposed to, you have a crew make so many mistakes in one event," Payton said about the Saints' 20-17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

An NFL review is standard practice whenever a penalty is issued for unsportsmanlike conduct toward officials. The league can issue fines and even suspensions, if it chooses.

Referee Clete Blakeman's crew penalized Payton for running onto the field toward field judge Joe Larrew with 1 minute, 5 seconds remaining in the game. Payton said he was trying to call a timeout and then Larrew "asked me again."

Payton added: "I said, 'I've already called the timeout.' I probably said it with a little more oomph or vigor than I was supposed to, but I had enough. I gotta be smarter than that."

The Falcons had been facing third down, but Payton's penalty gave Atlanta a first down and essentially ended the game. Of the Falcons' 26 first downs Thursday night, 11 came by penalty.

"I thought the officiating was extremely poor -- inconsistent would be a great way to put it," Payton said Friday. "I thought that had a lot to do with the way this game ended. ... If two teams are out there fighting hard, but the calls, as I went through every one of 'em and the ones that weren't called, too many inconsistencies.

"I think it's been a problem all year. And it's something that's gonna have to be addressed from a leadership standpoint at the top in our league office."

When asked how the Saints could address the issue with the league, Payton said the team's hands were tied.

"Nothing we do. We just call in and it's wasted energy," Payton said. "And it's something that's come up with other teams earlier in the year, even some of the replay. It's just a confidence level that has to be improved."

The NFL's review of Payton's behavior comes as it has faced some pressure from the NFL Referees Association to deter both unsportsmanlike conduct and physical contact against officials. Most notably, side judge Laird Hayes was knocked down and suffered bruised ribs while trying to break up a fight between the Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders in Week 12.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
it was beasley who is mad that teams are covering him differently

edit: and to that i say boo hoo. all your coaches went to clown college and they can't call plays to get you (or anybody else) open.

I don't think that's what he was referring to

Top Bottom