Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
with Gruden at the helm I would always know that Garrett will be out coached
He was with McAdoo too. Think about that one.
McAdoo finished his career as Giants coach with a 2-1 record against Garrett. Garrett could not out coach me ffs, let alone an actual coach even if that coach is bad compared to the average coach.
DING!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't know Scot. I'm not a big Gruden fan although he would be an upgrade over what we have. I think some coaches have been away from the game for so long that it really is a pretty big obstacle for them when/if they want to return to the game.

I'm with you, Gruden has always come across as a faux tough guy that won a super bowl with Dungys team

then again, I dont know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to evaluating coaches so maybe he'll be great

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
b47ce7ceb1b916f356619589a8fd8aeb.jpg

The thought of him coaching the NYG for the next few years does not leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling

With the talent they have they would be a scary team with a good HC

and a new QB

But I’m sure Chucky could squeeze another decent season or two out of Eli

Enough to fuck us out of the playoffs for a couple more years

LOL, what talent? They don't have a QB, an OL, or a RB on offense.

Defensively, that vast amount of free agent dollars they spent has netted them the LAST ranked defense in football in yards allowed, the 23rd ranked defense in points allowed, the 27th ranked defense in sacks, 28th in yds per pass attempt allowed, 24th in opposing QB rating and dead LAST in rush yds allowed per game.

They're a team made up of lockerroom cancers and primadonnas.

That team needs a MAJOR overhaul.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ATTN: dbair, get your swear jar ready

Off brutal game Monday, Walt Anderson to call Cowboys-Giants
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- If you saw the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Cincinnati Bengals on ESPN’s Monday Night Football, then you saw a lot of referee Walt Anderson.

You will see him Sunday when the Cowboys take on the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium. This will be the second Cowboys’ game Anderson will have. He called the 33-19 win against the Washington Redskins in Week 8 and not surprisingly the Cowboys had a season-high 89 yards on eight flags.

Since 2010, Anderson has worked seven Dallas games, and the Cowboys have been penalized 44 times for 383 yards. Their opponents have been flagged 46 times for 362 yards. The Cowboys have a 4-3 record in those matchups.

Monday’s game between the Steelers and Bengals was brutal. Anderson’s crew called 23 penalties with 20 accepted. The Bengals were penalized 13 times for 173 yards. The Steelers were penalized seven times for 66 yards.

The breakdown:

False start: 3
Unnecessary roughness: 4
Unsportsmanlike conduct: 1
Offside: 2
Offensive holding: 5
Face mask: 2
Illegal shift: 1
Defensive pass interference: 2
Hitting a player out of bounds on punt: 1
Roughing the passer: 1
Taunting: 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First: 2
Second: 6
Third: 6
Fourth: 9

link: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4764321/off-brutal-game-monday-walt-anderson-to-call-cowboys-giants

Yeah Walt Anderson and his bunch of dopes. The group that eagle eyed 5 holding calls against us that wiped out tons of big plays and somehow didn't see a single holding call against an OL made up of backups.

Oh goody.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with you, Gruden has always come across as a faux tough guy that won a super bowl with Dungys team

then again, I dont know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to evaluating coaches so maybe he'll be great

My thoughts as well. I think he won with Dungy's defense. Don't get me wrong, it still takes good coaching to win the SB, but I want a guy that can build the team here. A guy with a vision of how he wants to draft and gives the team an identity. I'm not sure Dungy is a team builder but that's just me.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Defensively, that vast amount of free agent dollars they spent has netted them the LAST ranked defense in football in yards allowed, the 23rd ranked defense in points allowed, the 27th ranked defense in sacks, 28th in yds per pass attempt allowed, 24th in opposing QB rating and dead LAST in rush yds allowed per game.

and so many people are freaking out because the Cowboys dont go crazy in free agency, I actually think thats an improvement they've made. I cant think of any big dollar free agent signings that worked besides Manning at Denver

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. I think he won with Dungy's defense. Don't get me wrong, it still takes good coaching to win the SB, but I want a guy that can build the team here. A guy with a vision of how he wants to draft and gives the team an identity. I'm not sure Dungy is a team builder but that's just me.

Didnt he get run out of Tampa and the players grew tired of his antics or was that just Keyshawn?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Imagine what the Super Bowl winning coach Chucky could do against Carrot Top

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Their defense (from last season, not this one, this appears to be a throw away season all around) and receiving core (when healthy)

They have the talent

They just had a shity coach that couldn’t bring it al together

Look at the rams under Fisher, they were shit and went 4-12, then in a single season the rookie coach McVay has them at the top for offense and defense

They had the talent, they just had a perennial shitty coach that couldn’t take advantage of it

That is the same with McAdoo

A new head coach could be just what they need to turn it all around

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. I think he won with Dungy's defense. Don't get me wrong, it still takes good coaching to win the SB, but I want a guy that can build the team here. A guy with a vision of how he wants to draft and gives the team an identity. .

Who'd they play in that Super Bowl Dodger?

Who was the coach of that team for several years before that Super Bowl?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Their defense (from last season, not this one, this appears to be a throw away season all around) and receiving core (when healthy)

They have the talent

They just had a shity coach that couldn’t bring it al together

Look at the rams under Fisher, they were shit and went 4-12, then in a single season the rookie coach McVay has them at the top for offense and defense

They had the talent, they just had a perennial shitty coach that couldn’t take advantage of it

That is the same with McAdoo

A new head coach could be just what they need to turn it all around

OK. You keep thinking that then.

The Giants are a dumpster fire.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who'd they play in that Super Bowl Dodger?

Who was the coach of that team for several years before that Super Bowl?

Tony Dungy. He couldn't get the Bucs over the hump. Remember Parcells was supposed to take the Tampa Bay job then backed out the last minute? And then they gave up multiple Day 1 draft picks to get Gruden from Oakland.

TB played Oakland in that SB and man was their D legit. I mean, Brad Johnson has a SB ring thanks to that D.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Giants would never hire a media gadfly like Gruden. Not their style.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tony Dungy. He couldn't get the Bucs over the hump. Remember Parcells was supposed to take the Tampa Bay job then backed out the last minute? And then they gave up multiple Day 1 draft picks to get Gruden from Oakland.

TB played Oakland in that SB and man was their D legit. I mean, Brad Johnson has a SB ring thanks to that D.

I think he meant who coached the team they faced in the Superbowl? The Raiders, who Gruden had coached for years. Got them to a conference championship game and would have been another one if not for the Tuck Rule. And that was with Rich Gannon, who was no star.

I'd take Gruden in a heartbeat. I think he's one of those guys with enough charisma to convince Jerry to do what he wanted.

BTW, Peter King said a few weeks ago that Jerry has always had a special fascination with Gruden. Never had heard that before.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry has always had a special fascination with Gruden.

Well, he does like to attaboy seemingly every player, so that's right in jeri's wheelhouse given his aversion to anything that could be construed as negative or provide discomfort

Top Bottom