2017 Week 14 NFL Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 394

Thread: 2017 Week 14 NFL Thread

  1. Back To Top    #46
    UDFA icup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    609

  2. Props dbair1967, LAZARUS_LOGAN gave props for this post
  3. Back To Top    #47
    Administrator dbair1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    you consider adding Lance Dunbar (who hasn’t played due to injury, go figure), a Center, a lineman, and Sammy Watkins a retooling of the offense?

    And Dooms, you consider that a complete roster flip?
    They had a draft too there buddy. They have a new C and LT, they have a 2nd yr RT that's vastly improved.

    Totally retooled their WR and TE positions and Gurley is 100% healthy
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

  4. Back To Top    #48
    UDFA English Cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    760
    This incarnation of the Cowboys takes another big shit on their great history and tradition.

  5. Back To Top    #49
    Quality Starter Scot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    They had a draft too there buddy. They have a new C and LT, they have a 2nd yr RT that's vastly improved.

    Totally retooled their WR and TE positions and Gurley is 100% healthy
    We all had a draft

    McVay took Fishers 4-12 team and turned it around in a single season into a playoff team with the highest scoring offense in the league with largely the same team Fisher had besides a few upgrades here and there along with a few rookies

    Garrett took the same team from last season, replaced the entire secondary

    And took an outstanding league leading 13-3 team with the league leading rusher, and rookie MVP and shit the bed

  6. Props Dodger12 gave props for this post
    Hate This dbair1967 hated this post
  7. Back To Top    #50
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    11,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    outstanding league leading
    FLUKE league-leading. Not "outstanding," far from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    largely the same team Fisher had
    You really need to do a roster comparison. It's NOT "largely the same team."

  8. Back To Top    #51
    All Pro LAZARUS_LOGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post

    Garrett took the same team from last season, replaced the entire secondary

    And took an outstanding league leading 13-3 team with the league leading rusher, and rookie MVP and shit the bed

    Despite the new faces, I do not think the secondary was/is the problem. Omega's take explains the problem.

  9. Appreciation Doomsday appreciated this post
  10. Back To Top    #52
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    11,994
    Quote Originally Posted by LAZARUS_LOGAN View Post
    Despite the new faces, I do not think the secondary was/is the problem.
    It's definitely not. To say the very least, the secondary is already far better than the deposed Legion of Boobs we had and with a positive upside - they at least appear to learn from their mistakes, seldom repeating any.

  11. Back To Top    #53
    Quality Starter Scot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,916

  12. Back To Top    #54
    All Pro LAZARUS_LOGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Yeah. But all those wins count. Not going to take anything away from them. They are a well-coached team.

  13. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  14. Back To Top    #55
    old and cranky theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    McVay took Fishers 4-12 team and turned it around in a single season into a playoff team with the highest scoring offense in the league
    A big reason is McVay reads the defense and calls the audibles at the very last second for Goff before the headset gets shut off per league rules, usually the defense is set by then. Obviously McVay is REALLY good at this. Look how Goff's play improved and Cousins and their offense has regressed. If only Dallas had somebody capable of this, or maybe Romo was doing this last year on the sidelines, and that somebody is now in the CBS booth. I doubt Garrett could figure out a 4-3 from a 3-4 never mind read a defense and make adjustments.

  15. Back To Top    #56
    Quality Starter Scot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,916
    Speaking of the afore mentioned Jeff Fisher

    That cockroach is coming out of the woodwork


  16. Back To Top    #57
    All Pro LAZARUS_LOGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Speaking of the afore mentioned Jeff Fisher

    That cockroach is coming out of the woodwork


    BEAT BABIES! KILL KITTENS! PULVERIZE PUPPIES! If this happens. HELL NO! You might as well keep Garrett.

  17. Back To Top    #58
    Administrator dbair1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post

    Garrett took the same team from last season, replaced the entire secondary

    And took an outstanding league leading 13-3 team with the league leading rusher, and rookie MVP and shit the bed
    You left out there part where Goodell rigged the Cowboys season with the corrupt Zeke ruling and this obvious order of officiating bias

  18. Back To Top    #59
    Administrator dbair1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36,968
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    A big reason is McVay reads the defense and calls the audibles at the very last second for Goff before the headset gets shut off per league rules, usually the defense is set by then. Obviously McVay is REALLY good at this. Look how Goff's play improved and Cousins and their offense has regressed. If only Dallas had somebody capable of this, or maybe Romo was doing this last year on the sidelines, and that somebody is now in the CBS booth. I doubt Garrett could figure out a 4-3 from a 3-4 never mind read a defense and make adjustments.
    Yeah I am not really buying that. The Deadskins "regression" on offense would seem to me to have more to do with the massive amount of injuries they've had as well as replacing their two starting WR's with guys who didn't really work out, more than losing McVay. Even with all the injuries Cousins still has a higher QB ranking than Goff, still has more yds and tds and has a considerably higher comp %

  19. Back To Top    #60
    Administrator dbair1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36,968
    Jason Garrett is Jeff Fisher, minus the one fluke Super Bowl season the Titans had.

    No reason to replace one clueless stooge with another.

    By the way, I suspect Fisher is "ready to talk" with any team that would give his mediocre ass an opportunity.

Members who have read this thread: 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The End Zone