ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think that's just his TV persona. ESPN doesn't exactly want its people trashing the game it's showing. Collinsworth has started doing the same thing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep. They really retooled that offense.

Fisher is a moron and the kid HC has done a great job, but they did vastly improve their OL, WR and TE spots.

you consider adding Lance Dunbar (who hasn’t played due to injury, go figure), a Center, a lineman, and Sammy Watkins a retooling of the offense?

And Dooms, you consider that a complete roster flip?

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The roster is almost completely flipped from 2016 to today. That's what a real coach does when he has shit players.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
you consider adding Lance Dunbar (who hasn’t played due to injury, go figure), a Center, a lineman, and Sammy Watkins a retooling of the offense?

They had a draft too there buddy. They have a new C and LT, they have a 2nd yr RT that's vastly improved.

Totally retooled their WR and TE positions and Gurley is 100% healthy

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They had a draft too there buddy. They have a new C and LT, they have a 2nd yr RT that's vastly improved.

Totally retooled their WR and TE positions and Gurley is 100% healthy

We all had a draft

McVay took Fishers 4-12 team and turned it around in a single season into a playoff team with the highest scoring offense in the league with largely the same team Fisher had besides a few upgrades here and there along with a few rookies

Garrett took the same team from last season, replaced the entire secondary

And took an outstanding league leading 13-3 team with the league leading rusher, and rookie MVP and shit the bed

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

And took an outstanding league leading 13-3 team with the league leading rusher, and rookie MVP and shit the bed

Despite the new faces, I do not think the secondary was/is the problem. Omega's take explains the problem.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Despite the new faces, I do not think the secondary was/is the problem.
It's definitely not. To say the very least, the secondary is already far better than the deposed Legion of Boobs we had and with a positive upside - they at least appear to learn from their mistakes, seldom repeating any.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
286573a26100314ab7866899a7a59c10.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
McVay took Fishers 4-12 team and turned it around in a single season into a playoff team with the highest scoring offense in the league
A big reason is McVay reads the defense and calls the audibles at the very last second for Goff before the headset gets shut off per league rules, usually the defense is set by then. Obviously McVay is REALLY good at this. Look how Goff's play improved and Cousins and their offense has regressed. If only Dallas had somebody capable of this, or maybe Romo was doing this last year on the sidelines, and that somebody is now in the CBS booth. I doubt Garrett could figure out a 4-3 from a 3-4 never mind read a defense and make adjustments.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of the afore mentioned Jeff Fisher

That cockroach is coming out of the woodwork

c80be3cc33d4ff54c7972a376a177a3e.jpg

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of the afore mentioned Jeff Fisher

That cockroach is coming out of the woodwork

c80be3cc33d4ff54c7972a376a177a3e.jpg

BEAT BABIES! KILL KITTENS! PULVERIZE PUPPIES! If this happens. HELL NO! You might as well keep Garrett.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You left out there part where Goodell rigged the Cowboys season with the corrupt Zeke ruling and this obvious order of officiating bias

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A big reason is McVay reads the defense and calls the audibles at the very last second for Goff before the headset gets shut off per league rules, usually the defense is set by then. Obviously McVay is REALLY good at this. Look how Goff's play improved and Cousins and their offense has regressed. If only Dallas had somebody capable of this, or maybe Romo was doing this last year on the sidelines, and that somebody is now in the CBS booth. I doubt Garrett could figure out a 4-3 from a 3-4 never mind read a defense and make adjustments.

Yeah I am not really buying that. The Deadskins "regression" on offense would seem to me to have more to do with the massive amount of injuries they've had as well as replacing their two starting WR's with guys who didn't really work out, more than losing McVay. Even with all the injuries Cousins still has a higher QB ranking than Goff, still has more yds and tds and has a considerably higher comp %

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is Jeff Fisher, minus the one fluke Super Bowl season the Titans had.

No reason to replace one clueless stooge with another.

By the way, I suspect Fisher is "ready to talk" with any team that would give his mediocre ass an opportunity.

Top Bottom