Reaction score
I would be shocked if a coach like McDaniels would want to take over from a legend like Belichick. It just doesn't sound right. Belichick isn't going soon and McDaniels will never take over from him. Its no win for him. Old Kraft paid him big money because the Patriots need to keep the OC. The DC OK Belichick was the real DC anyway...but to lose both in the same off season would be hard to compensate for. Kraft made the deal to take another shot next season with Brady and Belichick.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's more telling, obviously it was a sudden change of mind. And for a change of mind to be this sudden, it would almost have to be something like, Belechick plans to retire very soon i would think.

:popcorn

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I would be shocked if a coach like McDaniels would want to take over from a legend like Belichick.
Riiiight, nobody would want to take over a perennial SB team. This is nonsense.

McD signed with the Coats then suddenly reneged. It wasn't so he could just stay put for a few years. Belechick's hanging it up this month. You heard it here first.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So, about Matt Eberflus

I’d expect him to be in line for the DC in New England. Especially if they plan to make McDaniels the coach sometime in the near future.

Or has he actually already signed in Indy?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Riiiight, nobody would want to take over a perennial SB team. This is nonsense.

McD signed with the Coats then suddenly reneged. It wasn't so he could just stay put for a few years. Belechick's hanging it up this month. You heard it here first.

That’s what it seems like to me. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part. But at least that would soften the Eagles SB win a little bit

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That’s what it seems like to me. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part. But at least that would soften the Eagles SB win a little bit

Not in any way. The end of an era in NE isn't relevant to Cowboys fans. It's not like Belechick kept us out of super bowls. It's infantile, childish and stupid to resent success that doesn't harm or affect you. The NE dynasty should be celebrated by Cowboys fans, not resented or derided.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s infantile and childish to despise a team and head coach that cheats, was proven to cheat, and cheated multiple times?

It has noting to do with being a Cowboy fan. Just like most ppl that can’t stand the Pats it’s because they are cheaters who keep getting away with it without any serious repercussions.

I don’t hate on the Patriots just because of their success compared to our failures. I hate on them for the same reasons the rest of the NFL fans do.

Brady gets caught cheating during a playoff game and doing something to help him win that playoff game

He gets four games

Zeke gets “accused” and never even charged by law enforcement of DV and gets six games. What he was accused of has zero impact or effect on the game itself. But he gets a longer suspension than someone who cheated to win a playoff game?

Who doesn’t hate the Patriots?? Other than Patriot fans of course

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It’s infantile and childish to despise a team and head coach that cheats, was proven to cheat, and cheated multiple times?
No "cheating" was ever proven, and it's funny this is your first mention of it.

Earlier in another thread when confronted more gently on this same thing you admitted you only resented them because of their success, now you're childishly moving the goal posts.

You've gone on and on praising Belechick for his greatness, now all of a sudden you play the "cheated" card?

It's just infantile envy, you're being a butthurt little bitch about it. The blank square in asshat scrabble.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No "cheating" was ever proven, and it's funny this is your first mention of it.

Earlier in another thread when confronted more gently on this same thing you admitted you only resented them because of their success, now you're childishly moving the goal posts.

You've gone on and on praising Belechick for his greatness, now all of a sudden you play the "cheated" card?

It's just infantile envy, you're being a butthurt little bitch about it. The blank square in asshat scrabble.

No cheating was ever proven, but they were disciplined in both instances. And nowhere near severely enough in my opinion

$500k which was the highest amount ever levied (and the maximum allowed at the time) along with their first round draft pick the following year for spy gate

And 4 game suspension for Brady along with their first and forth round picks and a $1 million fine for deflate gate

In both instance enough evidence was obtained to discipline the team

imho Belichick should have been fired after deflate gate. It’s bad enough to get caught cheating and be allowed to continue coaching. But to get caught a second time and still be allowed to coach should have never happened.

As far as not mentioning the cheating card before this it goes without saying. Or at least it should. I don’t know if a single football fan that wasn’t pissed off about it. Besides Pats fans of course

Is Belichick the greatest coach of all time? Some wild say so. If not than he’s pretty damn close. But will he always have a “Pete Rose” asterisk next to his accomplishments? Of course he will because of both spy gate and deflate gate

Do I want him gone because of jealousy? To some degree, sure. It’s time for some new blood in the SB. Watching the Pats in the SB every year or every other year has gotten old.

So is it a little bit of both? Sure it is. Just like it is for most ppl.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Intelligent, mature people who aren't AFC East partisans. (I can understand Dolphins Jets and Bills fans hating them.)

a good number of ppl on this board (hate the Pats )according to the posts leading up to the Super Bowl

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Scot said:
It’s time for some new blood in the SB
That's childish. It's based on the infantile assumption that everyone should have equal success. Sounds like all the idiots who were bitching about Buffalo's 4th straight super bowl. Just whiny shit. BEAT THEM if you don't want them there!

Do you see how 6th grade your thinking is?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That includes a good number of ppl on this board according to the posts leading up to the Super Bowl

You don't even know what you're replying to. You're saying most ppl on this board don't hate NE?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Beating them to keep them out of anything is not an option for the Cowboys

Wrong conference, wrong division and certainly wrong head coach for that to be an option

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Plus I don’t want them to pass us in Super Bowl rings. It’s bad enough that the Steelers have one more ring than us. I don’t want a second team to pass us.

Now am I clinging on to the past with this? Sure, because the past is all we have as Cowboy fans until Jerry dies. And probably even after he dies. That will depend on how baby Jerry runs the team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Plus I don’t want them to pass us in Super Bowl rings. It’s bad enough that the Steelers have one more ring than us. I don’t want a second team to pass us.

Now am I clinging on to the past with this? Sure, because the past is all we have as Cowboy fans until Jerry dies. And probably even after he dies. That will depend on how baby Jerry runs the team.

Just give it up. You have admitted you're jealous. The rest of it is just trying to deflect. You're childishly jealous of New England's success just like every moron who hated Dallas during the Landry dynasty. Just admit it and move on. You should admit your situation, there would be more dignity in it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Beating them to keep them out of anything is not an option for the Cowboys

Wrong conference, wrong division and certainly wrong head coach for that to be an option

I wasn't talking about the Cowboys beating them. I was talking in general, for the morons who say stupid shit like "we need new blood in the SB."

You and Goodell agree. See? You're a idiot fan of parity.

Top Bottom