Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s not Cowboy coaching news but the Raiders are giving Gruden a 10 year $100 million dollar contract. The longest coaching contract in history according to the article

I’m guessing they are in the Super Bowl in 3 years or less. Will they win it? I’m not sure. But they will compete in One before we do

Reaction score
It’s not Cowboy coaching news but the Raiders are giving Gruden a 10 year $100 million dollar contract. The longest coaching contract in history according to the article

I’m guessing they are in the Super Bowl in 3 years or less. Will they win it? I’m not sure. But they will compete in One before we do

Strange, it seems very risky considering Grudens overall coaching record. OK, It brings coaching and Football credibility to their move to Vegas I get that. But was Gruden ever that great a coach or more of a self promoter??

Reaction score
Yep Goodell and his mean ole suspensions, and getting several teams of refs to sandbag us.

lol. Yeah. The Cowboy talent has always been grossly over rated on Cowboy sites. Not this site, thankfully, But go on the CowboyZone and others and its amazing what fans think about average players.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Strange, it seems very risky considering Grudens overall coaching record. OK, It brings coaching and Football credibility to their move to Vegas I get that. But was Gruden ever that great a coach or more of a self promoter??

He has more playoff success and one more Super Bowl win in his 11 years as HC than our entire franchise does in the last 20 years.

Reaction score
Grudens over all record is 100-85. .556. Its ok, but not outstanding. He won a SB but on someone else's work a lot like Barry Switzer.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not really

Switzer took over a team that Jimmy built and that had won two previous Super Bowls

Gruden took over a team that Dungy built who went to the playoffs (2/2) that never made it to the divisional round or the SB and was able to win a SB.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Grudens over all record is 100-85. .556. Its ok, but not outstanding. He won a SB but on someone else's work a lot like Barry Switzer.

Thought I read Gruden was 45-51 over his last 6 years. Is he better than the red fraud? Hell yeah. Would I give him 100 mil over 10 years? Not on your life. Something tells me Mark Davis isnt overly bright.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

He may be great but he's always come across to me like a faux tough guy with his meaningless sideline chatter and fake sounding "tough voice"

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

But the team he left in Oakland was taken to the Super Bowl by Callahan. So Gruden beat his old team with his new team in the Super Bowl.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So technically he built a Super Bowl contending team

Then won the super bowl with a team someone else built

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Derek Dooley was just named coordinator at the University of Missouri

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
4b7ff77f24877239e6109239694687d9.jpg

247Sports

That would just suck to have two automatic losses each season for the next five years, or however long he decided to coach the NYG!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Belichick tryin to back door his way to NYG? Have mixed emotions if it should happen. Part of me sees an automatic two losses on the schedule, but the same part of me hopes it would hasten Red's departure. Now what would Jerry do to fight fire with fire? His answer would probably be something like Jeff Fisher, and the results would be the usual bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Reaction score
Thought I read Gruden was 45-51 over his last 6 years. Is he better than the red fraud? Hell yeah. Would I give him 100 mil over 10 years? Not on your life. Something tells me Mark Davis isnt overly bright.

Agreed. Its a publicity stunt. No way that deal is guaranteed!! Gruden is average at the very best.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Belichick tryin to back door his way to NYG? Have mixed emotions if it should happen. Part of me sees an automatic two losses on the schedule, but the same part of me hopes it would hasten Red's departure. Now what would Jerry do to fight fire with fire? His answer would probably be something like Jeff Fisher, and the results would be the usual bringing a knife to a gun fight.

It's a b/s story like Haleyrules said. I seriously doubt there's any truth to it. Further, I really doubt Belichick at his age is going to want to coach anywhere else.

Top Bottom