MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry would go down with the ship. Or in other words he’d take the ship (team) down with him

He would never do what’s best for the team and get rid of his cash cow

I believe he actually would sue to retain the name Cowboys. He’d then likely start a franchise in Dallas for the new XFL. The Dallas NFL franchise would have to change its name to the Vaqueros or something like that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I believe he actually would sue to retain the name Cowboys. He’d then likely start a franchise in Dallas for the new XFL. The Dallas NFL franchise would have to change its name to the Vaqueros or something like that.

that would be an interesting court case, he better get a judge from Philly

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The name "Cowboys" belongs to the NFL. I believe. When Modell took his team to Baltimore, he was not allowed the name Browns. That belonged to the NFL.

Reaction score
If the Texans give up on O'Brien, which is unlikely, He would be perfect for the Cowboys and developing Prescott. Prescott needs an O'Brien type, before its too late.

Reaction score
The name "Cowboys" belongs to the NFL. I believe. When Modell took his team to Baltimore, he was not allowed the name Browns. That belonged to the NFL.

Ha!! Who would name a club the Browns...lol It starts out with a bad SMELL on it. Only Cleveland.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
and the black jason garrett just got 2 more years in cinci... i truly feel bad for the whole state of ohio.

....not a coach but carson palmer retired today as well

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
and the black jason garrett just got 2 more years in cinci... i truly feel bad for the whole state of ohio.

....not a coach but carson palmer retired today as well

Well considering that Marvin Lewis was before Garrett, that would make Garrett the white Marvin Lewis.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
new, hungry coach ready to prove himself just in time to match up against the Garrett

:popcorn-2

If he ends up being a rookie HC that guarantees us two losses next season. We all know how Jason loves to get out coached by rookie HC’s

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he ends up being a rookie HC that guarantees us two losses next season. We all know how Jason loves to get out coached by rookie HC’s

he gets outcoached by all coaches, not just rookies

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis at least seems like a likable coach... and he at least coordinated one of the best defenses ever.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis at least seems like a likable coach... and he at least coordinated one of the best defenses ever.

They were one of the worst teams in the league for most of this year, but with nothing to play for they put an end to two teams playoff hopes in the last two weeks.

And then, there's our sack of shit guy. Lays an egg at home in biggest game of yr and loses, then follows that up by coaching our starters to the worst ever shutout victory in league history, barely scraping by a team playing almost all 2nd and 3rd teamers.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Great point. I still can't believe how bad we were these last two weeks. Cincy at least knocked two playoff teams out.

And in Cincy, other than a young Palmer, Lewis has never had a really good QB. (And I still think they win a game or two if the Steelers don't take out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.) Garrett has had Romo and 2016 Dak all these years and still can't do anything.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Great point. I still can't believe how bad we were these last two weeks. Cincy at least knocked two playoff teams out.

And in Cincy, other than a young Palmer, Lewis has never had a really good QB. (And I still think they win a game or two if the Steelers don't take out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.) Garrett has had Romo and 2016 Dak all these years and still can't do anything.

If Garrett was in Cinci all those years they'd probably have been 4-12 or 5-11

Put Marvin Lewis and his staff over the years down here, and we'd probably have been 10-6 or 11-5 or something almost every year. I bet he'd won a few playoff games and maybe made a serious run or two at a championship too.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Garrett was in Cinci all those years they'd probably have been 4-12 or 5-11

Put Marvin Lewis and his staff over the years down here, and we'd probably have been 10-6 or 11-5 or something almost every year. I bet he'd won a few playoff games and maybe made a serious run or two at a championship too.

He'd get swept by both the Ravens and Steelers for sure. And split with the Browns.

Top Bottom