Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I get your points

But when it comes to Garrett being fired it all comes back to “I’ll believe it when I see it”

He’s had enough bad performances to get himself fired multiple times in the past. He’s done much less than it took for other teams to fire their head coach, and yet he’s still here!

This season has been better than most of his other seasons. Which points to him sticking around, not getting fired

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I get your points

But when it comes to Garrett being fired it all comes back to “I’ll believe it when I see it”
Same here.

But up until now, bad performances and all have been just brushed off.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What leads you to believe another bad performance won’t be brushed off yet again?

So he goes one and done in the playoffs

He still went 10-6 in the regular season and made it to the playoffs. Which is a winning season for mr 8-8

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What leads you to believe another bad performance won’t be brushed off yet again?

So he goes one and done in the playoffs

He still went 10-6 in the regular season and made it to the playoffs. Which is a winning season for mr 8-8

Again, Jerry's own words a few weeks ago "need to have postseason success"

Just getting there is not "success". It's clear what he meant.

Now whether he follows through with consequences for not doing what was mandated, that remains to be seen.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FYI, it's being said that Garrett was in charge of the game plan vs the Giants. Attacking the middle more was his idea.
Yes that's Scott Linehan under that Greyhound.

if your implying that Linehan might be "scapregoated" I'd have to disagree. If he gets fired it's because he's 100% deserved it, he has been downright dreadful as a playcaller and game planner. Prescott has regressed as a player since his rookie year, Zeke is almost completely ignored in the redzone, the team as a whole is absolutely horrible in the redzone. These are all things Linehan must own.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
if your implying that Linehan might be "scapregoated" I'd have to disagree. If he gets fired it's because he's 100% deserved it, he has been downright dreadful as a playcaller and game planner. Prescott has regressed as a player since his rookie year, Zeke is almost completely ignored in the redzone, the team as a whole is absolutely horrible in the redzone. These are all things Linehan must own.

Nah, not a scapegoat at all, he should have been run off in the offseason IMO.
Just wondering why Garrett waited so long if that was the problem.
Says more about Garrett if he thought that might be the issue and waited until the last game of the regular season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Again, Jerry's own words a few weeks ago "need to have postseason success"

Just getting there is not "success". It's clear what he meant.

Now whether he follows through with consequences for not doing what was mandated, that remains to be seen.

Jeruh always says one things and does another. That’s part of his typical game plan.

Look, I hope you are right. I would love nothing more than to see the news report this coming Sunday morning after our loss to Seattle stating that Garrett has been fired.

I just don’t believe Garrett has done enough to get himself fired this season.

In fact, he has done more to keep his job this season than he has in past seasons when he should have been fired.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
We're fans. We've put up with Jerry's dysfunction for almost two and a half decades now. And 8 years of Garrett's ineptness and incompetence. That means were at the halfway point of the white Marvin Lewis' tenure. Heaven forbid. We've seen Garrett make blunders that are historic, lose games in ways that no other coach in NFL history has lost. We're tired of the excuses becuz we know what he is. He's a loser and it was painfully obvious after his first 3 seasons going 8-8. We didnt need to see anymore than that. 12-4 & 13-3 were fools gold.

Jerry on the other hand has almost two and half decades of making loads of money playing big time fantasy football meanwhile saying he's having more fun than any human should have. He doesnt want to lose, but it doesnt hurt him enough to do anything about it. It hurts the fans more than it hurts Jerry. He wants to win, but only if he gets the credit as a football man. He's too full of his own poop to realize that ship sailed 20+ years ago and he will never get that credit he desires. He wants to be right about Garrett. He wants to be so right he's willing to ride this out becuz everything else in his fantasy football world is so perfect. The only thing missing is the credit he wants and Garrett is the only shot he has to get that credit.

We're all here looking at this like somewhat rational fans realizing Garrett is a loser and will always be a loser. Time to move on. Enough is enough. Jerry on the other hand is viewing it all thru his drunken individual prism and thats just not reality. Our only hope is that Jerry realizes his time is running out and that he faces the obvious truth about the loser that Garrett is. His acknowledgment of his imminent time of departure from this earth is the only thing that will motivate him to can the Clapping Carrot.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
In fact, he has done more to keep his job this season than he has in past seasons when he should have been fired.

This is how I think Jerry sees it. And unless we get stomped Saturday night I would say its 99% chance that Red returns.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is how I think Jerry sees it. And unless we get stomped Saturday night I would say its 99% chance that Red returns.

That is precisely my point

Garrett finally has inched above his traditional .500 football after these last couple years. He is showing improvement for once. After all....

It’s a process, and Garrett’s process is finally showing signs of paying off.

Garrett is 1-2 in the playoffs. If he wins one single playoff game this season he will have reached his magical number of .500 in the playoffs.

Which is what we all know Garrett is at his core.

He is a .500 coach and that is all he will ever be!

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
That is precisely my point

Garrett finally has inched above his traditional .500 football after these last couple years. He is showing improvement for once. After all....

It’s a process, and Garrett’s process is finally showing signs of paying off.

Garrett is 1-2 in the playoffs. If he wins one single playoff game this season he will have reached his magical number of .500 in the playoffs.

Which is what we all know Garrett is at his core.

He is a .500 coach and that is all he will ever be!

Garrett has turned the corner and we have a young franchise QB to extend is how Jerruh is thinking. He'd be kicking himself all the way to the grave if he gave up after all this patience. He can see all the winning, its just right around the corner. Just a little more wait and the payoff will be huge.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Garrett has turned the corner and we have a young franchise QB to extend is how Jerruh is thinking. He'd be kicking himself all the way to the grave if he gave up after all this patience. He can see all the winning, its just right around the corner. Just a little more wait and the payoff will be huge.
Until we embarrassingly shit the bed Saturday.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We can only hope. How pathetic is it that we have to dread the thought of a win?

Definitely mixed emotions. We root for the guys, yell at the TV, curse the refs... Enemy QB drops back and we yell, "KILL 'eeem" and when we make a big play we jump up and down, hands raised in exultant celebration. But then when something bad happens they quickly cut to Jason Carrot, clapping.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Definitely mixed emotions. We root for the guys, yell at the TV, curse the refs... Enemy QB drops back and we yell, "KILL 'eeem" and when we make a big play we jump up and down, hands raised in exultant celebration. But then when something bad happens they quickly cut to Jason Carrot, clapping.

Garrett is like a cold shower.

He's like a dark red cloud over a win.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The best thing that could happen to this franchise is we win the super bowl this season. Yay, we finally made it back to and won the big game

The worst thing that could happen to this franchise is we win the super bowl this year. Yay, we won the Super Bowl, then Garrett gets an extension that makes Chucky’s contract look like lunch money

Garrett has put us in a no win situation.

Top Bottom