Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cant wait till Garrett's name is posted in this thread.

You either have one week to wait because we lost to Seattle

Or you will have at least a year (or more) to wait if we beat Seattle.

If we beat both Seattle and the Rams you can forget Garrett going anywhere

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry's idiot comments from several weeks ago was "he's brilliant, but he needs to have postseason success". Everybody ran with how stupid the comment about "brilliant" was, but ignored the 2nd part of the statement.
Might be as intended too.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Richard wants to be a HC, there's nothing we can do to keep him short of firing Garrett and naming Richard HC here.

I have a decent feeling that after Saturday night, there's may be another opening for HC job.

True but we’ve before how money talks. I’m still not convinced that Garrett is gone.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm totally on board with Dooms' take, short of the NFC Championship game I don't think Garrett is the HC next yr.

Maybe if they beat Seattle but had a really close loss at New Orleans or LA, he gets another year. But lost in some of drunken Jerry's idiot comments from several weeks ago was "he's brilliant, but he needs to have postseason success". Everybody ran with how stupid the comment about "brilliant" was, but ignored the 2nd part of the statement.

I did catch that too, which gives me some hope that he’s gone (short of making it the NFC title game). I just need to see it to believe it.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Saints assistant/TEs coach Dan Campbell will interview for the Packers head coaching job on Saturday.

The Saints are on bye this week, allowing Campbell the chance to interview with interested teams. The Browns and Cardinals are also said to have interest in the 42-year-old, who spent 11 years in the league as a tight end for the Cowboys, Giants, Lions and Saints. In addition to Campbell, the Packers have also been linked to Jim Caldwell, Brian Flores, Matt LaFleur, Josh McDaniels, Mike Munchak and Chuck Pagano.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets are expected to interview former Packers coach Mike McCarthy for their head coaching job.

This will be his first known interview. Despite widespread interest, McCarthy has mostly laid low since his departure from Green Bay. McCarthy has been noncommittal about coaching in 2019, citing a reluctance to uproot his family. However, the Jets appear to have piqued his interest and for good reason. With a high draft pick coming and a future franchise quarterback in Sam Darnold, not to mention the bright lights and prestige of coaching in New York City, the Jets' vacancy presents arguably the most enticing job in this year's coaching cycle. Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic reported Sunday the Browns were zeroing in on McCarthy, though that seems to have been a misnomer.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Buccaneers have requested to interview Vikings DC George Edwards for their head coaching vacancy.

Edwards just wrapped up his fifth year as Minnesota's defensive coordinator following previous stints in Buffalo and Washington. He interviewed for the Bears' head job last offseason but lost out to Matt Nagy. Edwards joins a growing list of candidates in the Bucs' head coaching search including Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy and former Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, who said he would at least "listen" to GM Jason Licht's pitch. Edwards has coached in the NFL in some capacity since 1998.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm totally on board with Dooms' take, short of the NFC Championship game I don't think Garrett is the HC next yr.

Maybe if they beat Seattle but had a really close loss at New Orleans or LA, he gets another year. But lost in some of drunken Jerry's idiot comments from several weeks ago was "he's brilliant, but he needs to have postseason success". Everybody ran with how stupid the comment about "brilliant" was, but ignored the 2nd part of the statement.

I hope Doom's take is on target. If Garrett is gone it will be a great season.

And as far as the 2nd part of Jerry's comment, that could be taken as the post season success is all Red needs to show the world what a great coach he is and thats coming . . . . . . . . . but I hope it means w/o the success this year he is gone. With Jerry its hard to know what he really means most of the time.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You either have one week to wait because we lost to Seattle

Or you will have at least a year (or more) to wait if we beat Seattle.

If we beat both Seattle and the Rams you can forget Garrett going anywhere

Damned if we win. And damned if we lose. But a bigger damn if we win in the big picture.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I hope Doom's take is on target.
I said I believed if we didn't at the very least make an appearance in the NFC Championship game, Garrett and much if not all of the coaching staff, is toast.

I'm not nearly as sure of that today, as when I first posted it. Maybe 60 percent sure now vs. 90 when I first said it. If we absolutely shit the bed at home Saturday night though, that goes immediately back up to 90 percent. But if we lose a squeaker on a hard-luck last second play we almost made, and/or if there's also built-in excuses like injuries and cheating officials Jerry can point to, then I'm not at all sure. He loves his little pet Ginger, thinks he'll just win the SB elsewhere if we let him go, and it's going to be very difficult for him to ever do it.

But an embarrassing bed shitting Saturday might just do it.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I said I believed if we didn't at the very least make an appearance in the NFC Championship game, Garrett and much if not all of the coaching staff, is toast.

I'm not nearly as sure of that today, as when I first posted it. Maybe 60 percent sure now vs. 90 when I first said it. If we absolutely shit the bed at home Saturday night though, that goes immediately back up to 90 percent. But if we lose a squeaker on a hard-luck last second play we almost made, and/or if there's also built-in excuses like injuries and cheating officials Jerry can point to, then I'm not at all sure. He loves his little pet Ginger, thinks he'll just win the SB elsewhere if we let him go, and it's going to be very difficult for him to ever do it.

But an embarrassing bed shitting Saturday might just do it.

Its a sucky place to be for fans. We want to win but then we are stuck with the Clapping Carrot. Lose and still left to HOPE that the drunk wises up and fires Red.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Its a sucky place to be for fans. We want to win but then we are stuck with the Clapping Carrot. Lose and still left to HOPE that the drunk wises up and fires Red.

Yep. But I think Jerral has seen most of Ginger's excuses disappear one by one, and eventually results are going to have to come.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My fear is that Garrett has already done enough to stick around by turning around this 3-5 team and ending up 10-6 to finish the season.

Even if it wasn’t Garrett’s doing rather than the acquisition of Amari Cooper that turned the season around. Jerry will think to himself “just imagine what Garrett could have done this season if we had a player like Amari starting week one”

Garrett’s history here points to him sticking around, not being fired. Until Jeruh shows me different all signs point to Garrett being here next season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett’s history here points to him sticking around, not being fired. Until Jeruh shows me different all signs point to Garrett being here next season.

If he gets fired, does history then point to him being fired again?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I believe I previously posted somewhere that you could put it in 6 inch headlines that Garrett will be back as HC in 2019 (barring death or illness)

Let's change that to 12 inch headlines bitches!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
turning around this 3-5 team
THE excuse for that was eliminated with the firing of the OL coach and the Cooper acquisition. It's an example of what I'm trying to say. Spent next year's #1 pick to address an excuse. Fired an assistant coach to address an excuse. Making sure there are none come bed-shitting time. Then when you still shit the bed?

I'll go even further: Picked LVE in the first round, to address the Sean Lee injury excuse. Fired the secondary coach and got rid of the Legion of Boobs, and hired Kris Richard, to address the "porous secondary" excuse. And so on.

Almost like Jerruh, Stevie and McClay sat down after last season and said, "Damn, he's a snakebit coach. What are his nagging obstacles? Let's remove them."

Might even be what got Dez cut, to start things out. It's a pattern. One we haven't seen. "Stay the course" and "continuity" WAS the pattern.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
FYI, it's being said that Garrett was in charge of the game plan vs the Giants. Attacking the middle more was his idea.
Yes that's Scott Linehan under that Greyhound.

Top Bottom