Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope he sticks around long enough for Garrett to be fired before he makes his final decision

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Of all the coaches who got fired, McCarthy probably has the best chance to be a HC again (but maybe not in 2019).

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
for some strange reason,

josh mcdaniels still has interest and is taking calls. whether that is true or just what his camp is telling people

pats defensive coordinator brian flores is also getting interviews

bruce arians already said that he would only come out of retirement tocoach the browns. but recently hes rumored to also listen to calls to be HC of the jets

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
for some strange reason,

josh mcdaniels still has interest and is taking calls. whether that is true or just what his camp is telling people

bruce arians already said that he would only come out of retirement tocoach the browns. but recently hes rumored to also listen to calls to be HC of the jets

***i think its the jets or packers .. dont remember the team that was tweeted but arians has a connection to the GM

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Arians to the Browns could be interesting
I get the feeling Cleveland's FO just messed up. Why did they fire the HC who started the winning streak, who obviously the players most importantly Mayfield, like? Or am I reading the situation totally wrong?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well Cleveland’s FO isn’t exactly known for making the best decisions. Evidenced by the ungodly number of QB’s and HC’s over the years.

It looks like they may have finally found a QB. If they can follow that up with the right HC that will fit with Mayfield they may finally get themselves out of the perenial shithouse

In years past it seemed like they were just throwing darts at the dartboard hoping for one to stick.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
for some strange reason,

After the whole Indy debacle, Mcdaniels should have a big "buyer beware" label attached. Flores, I'm not sure what everyone sees. Their defense certainly didn't do anything to make him look outstanding.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Cant wait till Garrett's name is posted in this thread. I should be thrilled right now that we are in the playoffs but Im not. The more success we have the more chance Garrett is still around next year and that puts a real damper on things. It really sux it has to be that way. He even ruins the winning so that cant even be enjoyed like it should be.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

It’s going to be real interesting to see what Jerry does with Richard. Does he make him DC/Asst Head Coach and back the money truck up? Or does he let him walk? Who’s going to replace a Linehan too? Who ever they bring in for the offensive side that guy better be a QB guru. If they are hitch their wagon to Dak and pay him they better better help for him than Kellen freaking Moore.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It’s going to be real interesting to see what Jerry does with Richard. Does he make him DC/Asst Head Coach and back the money truck up? Or does he let him walk? Who’s going to replace a Linehan too? Who ever they bring in for the offensive side that guy better be a QB guru. If they are hitch their wagon to Dak and pay him they better better help for him than Kellen freaking Moore.

Will Jerry keep trying to prop up Garrett or finally get rid of him and get a good HC? If he cans Red who replaces him is the big question.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
FWIW: Rumor mill has McCarthy to Browns, Gase to Cards.
Of course, that will probably change before I get through typing this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope he sticks around long enough for Garrett to be fired before he makes his final decision

I don't care if he leaves or not. It's not like he remade Doomsday or the 85 Bears defense here.

The defense is above average, at best. Any decent coach could get this group of players to "above average"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

If Richard wants to be a HC, there's nothing we can do to keep him short of firing Garrett and naming Richard HC here.

I have a decent feeling that after Saturday night, there's may be another opening for HC job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cant wait till Garrett's name is posted in this thread. I should be thrilled right now that we are in the playoffs but Im not. The more success we have the more chance Garrett is still around next year and that puts a real damper on things. It really sux it has to be that way. He even ruins the winning so that cant even be enjoyed like it should be.

I'm totally on board with Dooms' take, short of the NFC Championship game I don't think Garrett is the HC next yr.

Maybe if they beat Seattle but had a really close loss at New Orleans or LA, he gets another year. But lost in some of drunken Jerry's idiot comments from several weeks ago was "he's brilliant, but he needs to have postseason success". Everybody ran with how stupid the comment about "brilliant" was, but ignored the 2nd part of the statement.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well Cleveland’s FO isn’t exactly known for making the best decisions. Evidenced by the ungodly number of QB’s and HC’s over the years.

It looks like they may have finally found a QB. If they can follow that up with the right HC that will fit with Mayfield they may finally get themselves out of the perenial shithouse

In years past it seemed like they were just throwing darts at the dartboard hoping for one to stick.

The QB and most of that team seems firmly behind Gregg Williams as HC and Kitchens as OC, yet it appears the Browns may fuck that up. They played the best ball they've played in eons after Jackson was fired, and now they may screw around with what is working.

Top Bottom