Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We win, anyone putting away their pitchforks and torches yet?

Reaction score

Not me, because I've been teased like this far too many times already. yeah, the homer in me gets happy for a win after such ugly losses, but the realist in me who sees long term thinks this was not the time to rebound because it hurts draft position as well as keeps Garrett around longer.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Nah. We play three shit teams in a row, and in WK 17, we're probably looking at Chase Daniel. Lots of opportunities to look better than we really are.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

absolutely not, the win was worthless and possibly harmful since it could be argued they would be better off long term by losing more now, no way they make the playoffs this season

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not me, because I've been teased like this far too many times already. yeah, the homer in me gets happy for a win after such ugly losses, but the realist in me who sees long term thinks this was not the time to rebound because it hurts draft position as well as keeps Garrett around longer.

The red-head fuck can only and will only do enough to keep his job. Cowboys will be stuck in this mediocrity at best until Jerry is put under.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I’m cruising Facebook and come across this
90b265f81b82f875803afc9f912096f8.jpg

It made me spit beer out my nose

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yet another report from a different source about the empty stadium last night

(Note the title on the video below the headline)
25cc383b6dcaed5c235d85f89577855b.jpg

247Sports

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP7HsRCU8AEabQE.jpg

This time there is evidence of less than sell outs at the Death Star. This pic is around the time of the coin flip.

Someone who was at the game mentioned that more fans did come into the stadium but he estimated it was only 80% full. I've also been reading that fans are having a hard time selling their tickets. Pretty much can't give them away.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Someone who was at the game mentioned that more fans did come into the stadium but he estimated it was only 80% full. I've also been reading that fans are having a hard time selling their tickets. Pretty much can't give them away.

If the Cowboys finish as expected --- badly, and Garrett is not fired, then hopefully there will be a decline in ticket sales for next season. That definitely will send a message.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The article I posted stated that Thursday’s game did indeed sell out

But that the fans couldn’t sell off their tickets and did not show up

So what does Jerry care?

He sold his tickets either way

Attendance doesn’t matter

Money matters

And he got his money!

Plus the stats will still show that it was a sold out game

So Jerry is good

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The article I posted stated that Thursday’s game did indeed sell out

But that the fans couldn’t sell off their tickets and did not show up

So what does Jerry care?

He sold his tickets either way

Attendance doesn’t matter

Money matters

And he got his money!

Plus the stats will still show that it was a sold out game

So Jerry is good
As I tried to explain last week. Jerry purposely did it this way so the fans wouldn't have the voice they used to have in the old stadium. Back then when we didn't show for games it really hurt his pocketbook. Only way to hurt him by voting with our dollars is a complete boycott on swag sales. Just STOP buying Cowboys shit.

Even that is blunted somewhat by the league's revenue sharing program but still, it's the only way to have any real impact.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well that shit ain’t gonna happen

126cc7ae1698dd7efcb1f6d5cb60bf81.jpg

Look at what Cowboys fan money has shown so far. The second best selling jersey of 2017 is Dak Prescott who may not even be a starting nfl QB in a couple years at the rate he is going and he’s at #2 behind Wentz and in front of Brady who is arguably the greatest nfl QB of all time even tho I hate him and will never admit it to myself

Then you have Elliott at #5 who was suspended for six games in his second year in the league. One more DV infraction and he’s banned for life

Then you have Whitten at #8. The only good cowboy worth a damn!

Two cowboy jerseys in the top five and three in the top ten. And that is with our miserable shit show of a .500 season

Cowboy fan money rules the league even when we suck

Jerry has set up a winner even when his team is a losing commodity

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As I tried to explain last week. Jerry purposely did it this way so the fans wouldn't have the voice they used to have in the old stadium. Back then when we didn't show for games it really hurt his pocketbook. Only way to hurt him by voting with our dollars is a complete boycott on swag sales. Just STOP buying Cowboys shit.

Even that is blunted somewhat by the league's revenue sharing program but still, it's the only way to have any real impact.
You're right though -- on merchandise sales, Jerry is the only one who opted out and gets it all himself.

KJJ

Spectator
Reaction score
It’s highly unlikely the Cowboys will make the playoffs because too many things have to happen. They have to win out and several teams have to start dropping games. Even if the Cowboys win 10 games that still might not be enough to make the playoffs because they’re behind the 8 ball on tiebreakers. The win against Washington was too little too late in my opinion. The loss to the Rams is a game that will come back to haunt the team if they start getting on a roll in December.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well I know we need Atlanta to lose 3 games. They lost today (that’s 1) and they still have two games left against the Saints. Carolina needs to lose two more games. They have the Vikings left so that is likely a loss but other than that they have Packers, Bucs, and Falcons. Maybe the Falcons win that last game on pride (at least that’s what Dallas has to hope for). The Eagles also need to win all but their last game against the Cowboys. If that happens and the Cowboys win out they should get in. It’s not likely all that happens but actually is very possible.

Top Bottom