MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Anyone watch the jeri jones barf fest (AKA: "A Football Life")on the NFL network?

I couldn't bring myself to watch but I bet there's a shitload of BS

The Emmitt one was pretty good. Haven’t seen the Jerry one.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bungles handling Pissburg pretty well pitching a shutout with 31 seconds left in the first half, leading 17-zip.

EDIT: 17-3 at the half.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone watch the jeri jones barf fest (AKA: "A Football Life")on the NFL network?

I couldn't bring myself to watch but I bet there's a shitload of BS

I've seen it out of morbid curiosity but I couldn't bring myself to post about it or start a thread. It was disgusting. And it's not really about Jerry's whole career. It only covers 5 years or so from when he bought the Cowboys to when he went to battle with the NFL over naming rights and advertising. It does bring up some interesting tidbits from that time period. The NFL sued Jerry for 300 million and Jerry, in turn, sued the NFL for something like 700 million. According to Jerry, he told the other owners that if he lost, he knew they would take his team. But he also told the NFL that if he won, he'd make them pay every cent of the 700 million. That he wouldn't be a team player and good soldier. It was some interesting insight.

The program also seemed like Jerry had a hand in how the show viewed him. Not surprising since he's a HOF owner of the league's flagship franchise and it was on the NFL network. The other interesting thing is that Jerry kept repeating how much of a gambler he was. And basically that he overpaid for the Cowboys and how something like 22 people had shown interest in purchasing the franchise but thought it was overpriced. It showed Jerry as a guy who beat the odds and took his lumps. Also insinuated that he was having problems paying the bills back in 89 and how he basically earned the accolades he got because he was the guy that took the risk.

All in all, it was disgusting. Nothing about Parcells, Campo, Gailey, Wade or Red. Nothing about how he destroyed a once proud franchise with his ego. Nothing about hard times or 20 years of futility. It was really just a snapshot of his first 5 or 6 years and then fast forwarded to his HOF induction, the new stadium and the Star. Oh, and there was piece about Deion and how Jerry just had to get him after the 94 loss to the 9ers. And they confirmed the story about Stephen putting him up against a wall in opposition.

It was a complete fraud of a program.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
JJ Wilcox killing a Steeler TD kickoff return

best play he's ever made for the Cowboys

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry kept repeating how much of a gambler he was.

You can see its also how he approaches the role of GM, he thinks taking big risks is how you win, maybe Stephen or someone is finally convincing him that big risks are only for the desperate

It was a complete fraud of a program.

as expected

I read a book about how a video about the second superbowl season was made but after jeri ran off Jimmy, he had them cut out most of jimmy and make it all about him, I'd love to get a copy of that

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I cant see this tweet, what does it say?

Not sure why the tweet not readable. Basically the Supreme Court is giving serious consideration to making sports gambling legal in NJ. If that happens the majority of states will likely follow suit. So in some states, the state will become your pot dealer/ bookie.

Top Bottom