Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just saw it in the ticker on espn2.

Probably the best gig of his career.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hopefully it'll work out for him. It'd be good for college football if UCLA steps up to relevance again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully it'll work out for him. It'd be good for college football if UCLA steps up to relevance again.

I hope it doesn't. I hate Chip Kelly and everything about him. I loved watching the guy be a complete fucktard in the NFL.

By all accounts from his pro days where people covered him everyday he was a total dickbag with a massive ego.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
has anyone given a shit about them since the Aikman years?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
has anyone given a shit about them since the Aikman years?

I still do and have since those years, but its getting more and more difficult.

I am getting indifferent though. Like I mentioned in other thread I didn't even get mad Thursday. My wife couldn't believe it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still do and have since those years, but its getting more and more difficult.

I am getting indifferent though. Like I mentioned in other thread I didn't even get mad Thursday. My wife couldn't believe it.

Heh...I think he meant UCLA. (And I would say the answer is no.)

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Well he was an awesome college coach. But a flop in the NFL. Sometimes a great college coach does not translate to the pros very easily.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Kelly won't be nearly as effective this time around? Almost everything he did that was so innovative has been copied by now -- the hurry up spread, the RPOs, etc.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What his system showed was that when they went up against an SEC level defense, particularly D Line they got shut down cold. He wont face much of that in the Pac 12 so he should win10 games annually. Not sure if that justifies his contract but that is what I see happening. Hopefully that makes Under Armour who just gave them all kinds of money happy.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Kelly won't be nearly as effective this time around? Almost everything he did that was so innovative has been copied by now -- the hurry up spread, the RPOs, etc.

He has a better chance at UCLA than Florida though because with 1 or 2 exceptions, nobody in the Pac 12 plays defense.

Top Bottom