Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's cool to see a team even care. I wonder if other teams have hated their ridiculous color rush schemes but didn't think to actually do anything about it. I know it never even occurred to me for a team to refuse.

With Nike paying the league 1.2 billion for this silly shit, somebody gonna be mad.

Pregame show is on and sure enough, Burgundy for Washington.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You are incorrect

We played last Thursday vs the Chargers and did Not wear our color rush jersey

It's only for the TNF games themselves, not the regular Thanksgiving Day games.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just you, me and sixisbetter took home the W this week

A lucky swing in the standings for you guys. I hope you get a false sense of hope and do it again. It'll even out.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'll let you know after tomorrow. I think they'd have a shot with Manning but not so much with Gino Smith.

Good job giving everyone hell over at the zone, the homers got theirs backs up after that last win

And I'm starting to fear your concerns about Dak are accurate, I really love the guy but man, he's gotta learn how to be a better passing QB. I hope thats possible

I didnt watch the last game but my Uber-homer buddy sent me this text:

it’s weird man…. so Dak overthrowing shit, etc etc - then he hurts his hand and becomes Troy Aikman!

My theory is he lost just a bit of strength in that hand and it pulled his passes back down juuuust enough to make him really accurate….

its like he’s too strong or something

and then I watched the rerun

lol, wtf is going on in these peoples heads, Dak looked nothing like Troy. 11 for 22 and 100-ish yards? That aint gonna cut it man

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good job giving everyone hell over at the zone, the homers got theirs backs up after that last win

And I'm starting to fear your concerns about Dak are accurate, I really love the guy but man, he's gotta learn how to be a better passing QB. I hope thats possible

lol, wtf is going on in these peoples head, Dak looked nothing like Troy. 11 for 22 and 100-ish yards? That aint gonna cut it man

Yeah man. I don't think he looked good but he did make a couple of good throws. But 100 yards passing? I think a lot of it is mental. He bought into the hype and all the BS about how accurate he is because he doesn't throw picks. His a dink and dunk passer and that's OK when it's 3rd and 3.

And you gotta love the Garrett believers at CZ who want to give him the next week or two to prove himself, as if 8 years hasn't been enough. But the team doesn't quit!!!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

lol, wtf is going on in these peoples heads, Dak looked nothing like Troy. 11 for 22 and 100-ish yards? That aint gonna cut it man

I think I’ve come to the realization that Dak at his best will just be a better version of Alex Smith. If they can ever figure out how to fix this defense and still with a dominant run game (which will mean investing more in the OL) he’ll be good enough to win however he’s never going to be able to carry a team on his own.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And you gotta love the Garrett believers at CZ who want to give him the next week or two to prove himself, as if 8 years hasn't been enough. But the team doesn't quit!!!
Of course the Garrett fanboys want the test to be the two weeks against a sub .500 team wrecked by injury and a 1-11 team tanking to get the highest draft pick they can.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think I’ve come to the realization that Dak at his best will just be a better version of Alex Smith.
His QBing future will always be tied heavily to whatever run game he has. Honeslty, I am all for going all in on Sam Darnold, never happen though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett still has fanboys? I guess you can fool some of the people all the time.

Yep. More threads over there about how the Cowboys never quit!

We never win postseason games or championships either, but that not quitting thing is the sign of true greatness.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep. More threads over there about how the Cowboys never quit!

We never win postseason games or championships either, but that not quitting thing is the sign of true greatness.

Wade might beg to differ.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wade might beg to differ.

Speaking of Wade, I found the "Hard Knocks: Dallas Cowboys 2008" online this morning. It was hard to watch seeing jeri, et al running their mouths and talking big before their 9-7, no playoff flop of a season.

Here's a couple of clips I grabbed to help you throw up your lunch, starting with a little Wade montage I strung together:

Coach Phillips - YouTube

jeri obfuscating:

Jerry on Wade on Garrett - YouTube

Does anyone know where to find all the old episodes of Hard Knocks? They're not on HBOgo, NFLnetwork, amazon, Hulu or iTunes

Its odd the NFL appears to have blocked them everywhere except where they've been hidden in obscure places around the internet

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of Wade, I found the "Hard Knocks: Dallas Cowboys 2008" online this morning. It was hard to watch seeing jeri, et al running their mouths and talking big before their 9-7, no playoff flop of a season.

Here's a couple of clips I grabbed to help you throw up your lunch, starting with a little Wade montage I strung together:

Coach Phillips - YouTube

jeri obfuscating:

Jerry on Wade on Garrett - YouTube

Does anyone know where to find all the old episodes of Hard Knocks? They're not on HBOgo, NFLnetwork, amazon, Hulu or iTunes

Its odd the NFL appears to have blocked them everywhere except where they've been hidden in obscure places around the internet

Can you share the link for the Hard Knocks?

I was trying to watch it on Apple TV with the nfl network and they wanted to charge for each season

Top Bottom