Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Full Jerry quote on the "staff" thing. What a bunch of nonsensical gobbledygook, but he does at least make it clear he's NOT endorsing them.
"No. No, absolutely not. And I mean it, no," Jones said. "I think we've just got to -- I feel about this staff the same way I feel about my mirror -- that's what if there's some changes made, don't change what's in front of the mirror, because I can change what you're doing that the mirror is seeing. Candidly, I'm really not shaken. I'm disappointed, but there's no shake here.

"What I'm reluctant to do here is say a affirmative thing about our staff, and look like that endorsement. I don't want to look like they're getting the proverbial endorsement. That's not what's happening. The vote of confidence, yes, I want to say it the best way I can. That's not what I'm saying. I feel good about our staff, I'm not equivocating about it, and this isn't the negative vote of confidence at all. I feel good about it."

"I really do believe in the old San Francisco gold miner that quit right before the next pick, and the guy came behind him and hit it and found it all," Jones said. "So I think you keep going."
Leaving the door open for wholesale changes come this offseason.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
A bunch of poor fucks at the zone talking roster tweaks and coaching changes, completely jumping over the whole Jerry problem. Hilarious.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of the zone
ccb34fa5155a8c07bbc654d75f7c58f0.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"I really do believe in the old San Francisco gold miner that quit right before the next pick, and the guy came behind him and hit it and found it all," Jones said. "So I think you keep going."

Therein lies one of the greatest deficiencies in the thinking of the GM. He looks at winning like old ladies playing slots view the next pull of the one armed bandit

Gamble, gamble, that jackpot's coming, he can feel it!

Problem is he ain't the house in this scenario and will always lose

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Therein lies one of the greatest deficiencies in the thinking of the GM. He looks at winning like old ladies playing slots view the next pull of the one armed bandit

Gamble, gamble, that jackpot's coming, he can feel it!

Problem is he ain't the house in this scenario and will always lose
I can't tell if the drunk sumbitch is just addled, or if he is being intentionally obtuse.

I took from this that he's saying he has to keep doubling down on Garrett, because as soon as he lets him leave he'll pull a Sean Payton and win a SB with another team?

In the same response he says he won't endorse the coaching, but has "full confidence" in it, and he won't fire Garrett because he's afraid the loser fuck will go on to another team and hit that jackpot?

He sounds schizophrenic.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too bad the next guy has a different sifting method called the harbaugh/gruden method that will turn shit into gold. Which currently jerry spends so much of his time trying to sell us all on polished a turd named garrett.

What an old senile fucking asshole for putting us all through this

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't tell if the drunk sumbitch is just addled, or if he is being intentionally obtuse.

I took from this that he's saying he has to keep doubling down on Garrett, because as soon as he lets him leave he'll pull a Sean Payton and win a SB with another team?

In the same response he says he won't endorse the coaching, but has "full confidence" in it, and he won't fire Garrett because he's afraid the loser fuck will go on to another team and hit that jackpot?

He sounds schizophrenic.

I "think" he's talking about the rest of this season and Garrett (& staff)

He made his money wildcatting for oil wells and continued to drill after being advised to stop and then hit a gusher. Don't think that doesnt stick with someone for their entire life. Then he did it again with the Cowboys so in his mind, its the fact he didnt listen to others and kept drilling long past when all the experts told him to stop. He's been rewarded handsomely for going against the grain and he's too old, rich and stubborn to change now.

He's bragged continuously about how he overpaid for every successful asset he's ever purchased

You can see this philosophy exhibited in trade ups for guys like Claiborne and the endless second round gambles and throwing draft picks and money at guys like Galloway, Roy Williams & TO.

Garrett is yet an another example of how jeri thinks he's smarter than everyone else and any day now the whole world is gonna see because that "gusher" is just about to blow!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. Has the NFL gotten this bad? I had no idea that the Giants and Redskins played yesterday in the final T-Day lineup. No one on this board mentioned it. I just found out. Read it was a terrible game --- not worse than the Cowboys obviously.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You can see this philosophy exhibited in trade ups for guys like Claiborne and the endless second round gambles and throwing draft picks and money at guys like Galloway, Roy Williams & TO.
Exactly the opposite of how things are done in NE. I wonder which is working better.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Based on the meme above it certainly looks like the media has turned on the Ivy league educated genius.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. Has the NFL gotten this bad? I had no idea that the Giants and Redskins played yesterday in the final T-Day lineup. No one on this board mentioned it. I just found out. Read it was a terrible game --- not worse than the Cowboys obviously.

I watched bits and pieces of that shit show as I attempted to dodge relatives. Giants playing for a future QB and 4skins making the playoffs is almost as big a fantasy as the Cowboys.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exactly the opposite of how things are done in NE. I wonder which is working better.

as my homer buddy says, Kraft was a failure before he got "lucky" with Brady (never mind the fact that Krafts Patriots went to the Super Bowl in his third year of ownership but lost). He also likes to opine how belichick is a cheater & would be nothing without Brady despite only have one losing season in his entire tenure with the Patriots (went 5-11 in 2000 and won the super bowl the next year) and overcoming the loss of several 1st round draft picks for stupid shit like air pressure and "spying"

Meanwhile, the mental gymnastics he does to defend the cowboys would win all the gold medals if they were an olympic event for such a thing

some days it takes all my self control to refrain from popping his dumb ass

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And step 1 of "getting better" is "no change":

Jason Garrett: No drastic changes coming to offense – ProFootballTalk

At this point Garrett is trolling Jerry to see what it would take to get fired.
"No see he is fooling the next opponents see, he's saying there will be no changes meanwhile he is making alot of changes see and they won't know see and then they will have their pants down see." --Garrett Fanboys everywhere.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is this a typo?? One hundred and fifty thousand? Are the seats filled with millionaires?

Nope, that's the price range for the better seat PSLs (personal seat licenses). A lot of the PSLs are owned by millionaires and/or companies. The boxes are definitely owned by millionaires or big companies.

My dad had seats in Texas Stadium about 20 rows up, around the 40 yard line on the Cowboys side and he was quoted approximately $150,000 as the PSL fee for two seats in a similar location in the new stadium plus he has to buy the season tickets & parking passes at around $10k per year (he passed).

Most people finance the PSLs so its like a mini mortgage that fucks up your credit if you don't pay and obligates you at the same time. Thus why so many people sell their tickets to help ease the annual burden.

My dad and I are geeky CPAs. After he met with the sales staff, we sat down with the info they gave us and estimated the total revenue jeri would receive if he sold all the PSLs at the prices he was asking. We estimated he would have made over a billion dollars in profit AFTER paying off all his debt**. Quick math of 80,000 seats x an average price per PSL of $5,000 + 300 luxury boxes at an average cost of $1,000,000 each gives them 700 million in PSL revenue. The Stadium cost 1.2 billion, the city financed 300 million, leaving jeri with 200 million in debt after the above numbers. He probably sold the best seats the quickest, so its probably more accurate to estimate 40,000 seats at say $25,000 per PSL and a million per box gives him 1.3 billion in gross revenue which gives them a 100 million dollar profit and the other 40,000 seats PSLs still to sell (or keep and sell the tickets on their own).

you can play around with this site to see the PSL price by seat/section: Dallas Cowboys PSLs - Learn more about Cowboy PSLs Seat Licenses at Cowboys Stadium at PSL Source

Now they obviously didnt sell all the PSLs and didnt get full price but even if they were only able to sell 50% of the stadium PSLs in the ball park of asking price, it was enough to pay off the stadium in full and probably make a profit. IIRC, it has been paid in full so Jeris profit margins are sky high.

** The city of Arlington carried the obligation for about 300 million (via bonds) and they are scheduled to pay back the bonds early:

Originally, the city sold $298 million in bonds in 2005 to pay for the Cowboys’ new home over the next 30 years. The total cost, with interest, was expected to be $641 million. A subsequent refinancing trimmed the payout to 2028. But the city continued to pay off the debt quicker and now plans to write its final check in 2021, cutting its overall cost for the stadium to about $400 million.

Read more here: Arlington paying off Cowboy Stadium bonds as it woos Texas Rangers to stay | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Top Bottom