Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That doesn't mean it was the actual game attendance. All that means is that Jerry got his money.

Right like I said, not a head count.

But like you said, I'm pretty sure we would have noticed 60 thousand empty seats even if not looking for it and even with the networks carefully masking it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right like I said, not a head count.

But like you said, I'm pretty sure we would have noticed 60 thousand empty seats even if not looking for it and even with the networks carefully masking it.

Agreed. But I sure hope it's true.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We would have noticed a stadium that size only having less than 1/3 of it's capacity. I saw the game and didn't notice it but, then again, I can't say I was looking.

and if it happened, you know the network and NFL colluded to hide it as much as possible

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I looked it up.

Paid Attendance: 93,012

It's a PDF, the official gamebook. And that's not a head count, it's the official paid attendance.

and therein lies one of the biggest problems, the PSLs and pre-sold season tickets gave away any fan leverage over ownership because ownership has already been paid now and for the next 15+ years

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
STAFF, he keeps saying.

which if the miracle happens and Garret gets the ax, the new coach will start off with one less nut and one arm behind his back by being forced to keep whomever jeri decides is "tops"

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry was asked by a reporter after the game if he will be looking at the coaching situation after the third blowout loss

Jerry’s response: no, absolutely not. I don’t even want to speak about that because I don’t want there to be any way it could be misconstrued as such

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry was asked by a reporter after the game if he will be looking at the coaching situation after the third blowout loss

Jerry’s response: no, absolutely not. I don’t even want to speak about that because I don’t want there to be any way it could be misconstrued as such

Not a ringing endorsement even, Jerry?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Zeke’s suspension to the rescue

Just like we all knew it would

We could lose out the rest of the season and I doubt that would be enough for Jerry to even give firing Garrett a single thought

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Zeke’s suspension to the rescue

Just like we all knew it would

We could lose out the rest of the season and I doubt that would be enough for Jerry to even give firing Garrett a single thought

I would be unsurprised if this was Garrett's last season as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Honestly. Wouldn't be surprised either way really.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would be unsurprised if this was Garrett's last season as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Honestly. Wouldn't be surprised either way really.

I would be shocked beyond belief if Garrett gets fired

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Following the tilt, Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali said Dallas is the best team in the league right now.

"I think that's the best team in the league," Hali said, via the Dallas Morning News. "... Apart from us, that team is really good."

Three weeks ago! What a collapse.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
and therein lies one of the biggest problems, the PSLs and pre-sold season tickets gave away any fan leverage over ownership because ownership has already been paid now and for the next 15+ years

Yep. Fans don't have a prayer because these idiots thought it was a good idea to pony up $150,000 and more per seat to attend games at Jerry's Palace. But this is probably the case in many NFL cities and stadiums but not to the extent and expense of what season ticket holders paid in Dallas. I bought tickets to see Dallas vs New England (in New England) a few years back. I paid about $170.00 per ticket which was face value but the seats were great. My buddy didn't pay a huge PSL (if any). He said the fans would hang Kraft if he did that and this was a team contending for SB's with one of the greatest QB's under center in NFL history. But the game and parking was "affordable" by today's NFL standards.

The only thing that may work is if Dallas season ticket holders don't go to the games. The value of their tickets will tank and who the heck would want to spend money to travel to Dallas to attend a game and watch this abortion Jerry calls football. If Jerry sees empty seats, it may hurt concessions and jersey/merchandise sales. That may be the best and only things the fans can hope for.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Jerry sees empty seats, it may hurt concessions and jersey/merchandise sales. That may be the best and only things the fans can hope for.
Yep, the one and only way Jerry will ever fire Garrett is if he sees his money being affected. It's the only thing he loves more than his little red puppet.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
0985f66d76f21501fe322ea024724ff2.jpg

This made me laugh so I thought I’d share

Top Bottom