bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
foot.jpg

Win or lose tomorrow, have a wonderful holiday, everyone. Sadly, Dbair will be eating spaghetti out of a can. :-(

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
also for dbair:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Win or lose tomorrow, have a wonderful holiday, everyone. Sadly, Dbair will be eating spaghetti out of a can. :-(

dbair = chuck pagano

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ll just leave this right here
d6300a37d6643bf366d6f36dd2b5c6c2.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So all of you with hopes of Jerry firing Garrett this season can forget it

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He mentions only the staff, not the HC. It's how Jerry works. Obviously if it comes to firing Ginger he wants to retain the staff. Did the same thing with every HC he's fired.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He mentions only the staff, not the HC. It's how Jerry works. Obviously if it comes to firing Ginger he wants to retain the staff. Did the same thing with every HC he's fired.

one of the many reasons why changing the coaches will just result in more of the same. Sure, we won't be crying about clapping and icing kickers, but rest assured we'll have a long list of new gripes in no time at all which will serve to divert the eyes from the true author of futility.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
one of the many reasons why changing the coaches will just result in more of the same. Sure, we won't be crying about clapping and icing kickers, but rest assured we'll have a long list of new gripes in no time at all which will serve to divert the eyes from the true author of futility.

Correct. House needs cleaning from top down. Using Belichick as an example here: Somebody along these lines would need to come in with his people and have complete authority on the football ops side before you will see anything more than an occasional divisional playoff win. Talent is needed in football ops, not nepotism.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Correct. House needs cleaning from top down. Using Belichick as an example here: Somebody along these lines would need to come in with his people and have complete authority on the football ops side before you will see anything more than an occasional divisional playoff win. Talent is needed in football ops, not nepotism.

Just like Jimmy did

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I honestly hope we lose out the rest of the season to put Garrett in the hot seat and to improve our draft position

Garrett won’t lose his job. But it might put him on notice for the following season if he screws the pooch again

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Jerry is under the sick delusion that if h e lets Garrett walk, he will get picked up by another team and will win a Super Bowl. Nobody is going to hire Garrett, at least in the NFL. GMs (legitimate ones) will look at the teams and rosters he's had, and see how he was unable to win, where others would have had success, and that alone will deter them. And I cannot see any HC hiring him as an OC. For one, he is lousy with the Xs and Os, and second, I think there is a consensus throughout the league that thinks Garrett is an opportunist and that backstabbed/sand-bagged Wade, on his way to the HC position --- what kind of HC would want to be looking over his back like that?

A lot of HCs paid their dues to get to their position, and I think it rubs them the wrong way as to how Garrett was fast-tracked, and then failed and continue to fail so miserably.

On average they started off as a position coach for about 8-10 years, before they landed a coordinator position, and then they would be in that position for about 8-12 years before they get an HC position if lucky. That's about 16 to 22 years of accumulated experience before landing an HC position. Garrett was a QB coach for 2 years. How in the hell in two years is enough to assess a person being capable of becoming a coordinator? And then 4 years later an HC? I think that rubs a lot of HCs the wrong way. He was never a QB coach long enough to determine as to whether he was any good or bad in that position. All that is known that he never developed any QB. And we know that he is a lousy OC, and an even lousier HC.

Jerry might have done Garrett a serious disservice. Both Garrett and Jones preach about the fucking process, but Garrett's hiring clearly went against the process. I guess the idea being that because Garrett is an Ivy Leaguer, that he was able to bypass the process.

Who knows that had Garrett was brought along like all the others --- spent 8 years or so as a QB coach and developed players, and while on the side work on his system and consulted with other OCs and learn the flaws of said system and how and where to improve upon them, and then spent equal amount of time as an OC further honing his system, LEARN ABOUT IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS... who knows, Garrett might have turned out to be this dream HC that Jones has been trying to sell us on. This if you were trying to paint a sympathetic figure of Garrett.

Problem is, Garrett undermining Wade, throwing players and coaches under the bus, coming up with foolish gimmicks which serves as smokescreens for his incompetence, and lacking common sense with game management is an indication of character flaws.

I used to think that Jerry will eventually get rid of Garrett, but it will be too late to where it would make much of a difference. But now, I'm of the opinion that if Jerry dies, I can very well see he putting it in his will that Garrett be made HC for life or as long as he desires. I wonder if Garrett is Jerry's illegitimate son, and Jerry is overcompensating as a result? IOt's as good a theory as any in the face as something as illogical as hiring Garrett and continuing to keep Garrett.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cover you eyes, Gosselin on whether Garrett gets fired:

On if Jason Garrett could be on the hot seat:
"I think they would do some staff staff pruning before they got to the head coach. I was surprised after the 2015 season when they cratered that they didn't make any assistant coaching changes. If something happens this year, I think Garrett safer. They'll say he's one year removed from coach of the year, some coach of the year acclaim. I think if this team craters, if this team doesn't make the playoffs, even with the issues I think they'd have to make some staff changes. But I think Garrett would be safe heading into 2018."

Dallas Cowboys: Rick Gosselin: Here's why Jason Garrett's job will be safe after this season | SportsDay

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
both teams wearing blue today, so the game will be uglier in more ways than one

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m placing the over/under for how many ones Dak gets sacked today at 3.5

I’m saying he gets sacked 4 times

Reaction score
The Cowboys just became the first team in 2017 to let the Chargers score points on their opening drive.

Way to go, guys! I look forward to what new team records of shame can be set today!

:getjiggy

Top Bottom