dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Another lost season after another blowout loss | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

We’ve been duped again, Dallas Cowboys fans
By Stefan Stevenson

sstevenson@star-telegram.com
November 20, 2017 12:20 PM
UPDATED 1 HOUR 49 MINUTES AGO

Pack it in, Dallas Cowboys fans, this season is toast.

Feel duped again? I feel you. I thought this team could contend for the Super Bowl in August. Still felt that way two weeks ago, despite the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott and the injuries to Sean Lee, Tyron Smith and Dan Bailey.

But the 2017 Cowboys are no different than the many Cowboys teams in the past two decades. That seems stunningly clear after a 37-9 drubbing Sunday night at the hands of the Philadelphia Eagles.

In the 21 full seasons since they won their last Super Bowl (in 1996), the Cowboys have had a winning record 10 times, seven losing seasons and four seasons of 8-8. Three of those 8-8 seasons have come under head coach Jason Garrett.

At 5-5 this season, Dallas appears to be on track for another 8-8 season of blah. No playoffs, no NFC championship, no Super Bowl.

The Cowboys don’t have long to lick their wounds with a Thanksgiving Day game against the Chargers on Thursday. The Chargers (4-6) are beatable, but does it even matter anymore?

If you’re a championship-level team, how do you get pasted at home, on national television by an inner-division opponent? How do you get blown out 30-0 in the second half? How do you fall apart on both sides of the ball when one or two guys are unavailable because of injury? Why does it seem as if your coaching staff is making in-game moves and adjustments in slow motion?

Chances of a wild card berth are waning. The Cowboys are currently tied for fifth for one of two spots. An 8-8 record won’t get it done. But, alas, that’s what they are ... again.

Stefan Stevenson: 817-390-7760, @StevensonFWST

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You thought this team with Garrett as HC could contend for a Super Bowl. That makes you simply stupid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You thought this team with Garrett as HC could contend for a Super Bowl. That makes you simply stupid.

Guilty as charged your honor. I really wanted to believe this year was different.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Guilty as charged your honor. I really wanted to believe this year was different.

Not you I was calling stupid, was addressing the writer whose JOB it is to be skeptical and not a fucking lapdog.

You're immune from prosecution.

Reaction score

*raises hand sheepishly*

This is the last time it happens while Jones is GM. I've finally had it beaten through my thick skull. You cannot believe in the Cowboys until certain things change.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We’ve been duped again, Dallas Cowboys fans
We who? My inner homer was stomped to death when Parcels ran a 4.4 forty out of VR after padding his retirement account. While I love Wade as a DC, he has been a disasterous HC. Then stumbling all over themselves to hire Ginger when nobody was in any rush made me realize it was hopeless until they plant the egomaniac in charge. My evaluation of my fandom is akin to smoking at a young age. I am addicted, cant quit, and every unfiltered Camel is killing me.

Top Bottom