dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That was Sparano's doing.

No it wasn't. Garrett completely tore up the playbook and redesigned the entire passing game when he took over.

Sparano was a washout coach in numerous stops after he left Dallas. He didn't amount to shit anywhere. His best ability was as an OL coach, and he wasn't all that great with that either.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
HOw do you think with just two years as an QB coach, he's qualified to be an OC and not an HC, when in truth he's was not qualified for either?

LOL

its not obvious by now? jeri doesn't give a shit about that crap, he wants a pliable figurehead that won't get in the way of the jones clan while they play fantasy football

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When the Cowboys' HC [position was available with Parcell's departure, there had to have been thousands of coaches at various levels (NFL and college both) that applied. Now naturally, not all of them got invites for interview --- many of them qualified, yet a QB coach of just two years gets an invite to interview for the HC position? Why would Garrett even think he was qualified to be an HC with just after two years as a QB coach? And Jerri might as well have made Garrett the HC from the get go. HOw do you think with just two years as an QB coach, he's qualified to be an OC and not an HC, when in truth he's was not qualified for either?

Princeton, baby. Like I was tryna say.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What continues to baffle me is this guy spent a couple seasons with Jimmy Johnson. He played under Ernie Zampese for a long time. He was an assistant under Nick Saban. I'm sure there are others, but despite this exposure, despite playing QB in the NFL and being an Ivy League grad, he is still clueless on how to run a team and totally clueless in terms of game day management. How could someone work with these kinds of people and not learn SOMETHING positive they could use down the road?
Same way hanging around Lebron James wouldn't make you a great basketball player or around Stephen Hawking wouldn't make you a great astrophysicist. You either have it or you don't, and Garrett doesn't.

He just has the superficial PR qualities that fooled some people into thinking he did.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Same way hanging around Lebron James wouldn't make you a great basketball player or around Stephen Hawking wouldn't make you a great astrophysicist. You either have it or you don't, and Garrett doesn't.

I would think it would be different for just "coaching" though. It doesn't require any physical talent.

He just does dumb shit sometimes, how could he have not learned better from guys like JJ and Saban?

Reaction score
He has his excuses for yet another year. Its a shame ole Jerry boy keeps him around for his own reasons.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Haley! I thought I had logged into the zone and had to do a double check before realizing that no, you’re now posting here too

Merry xmas

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What to do about Bailey?? He has lost his confidence??
Honestly I think they rushed him back too soon when it really wasn't necessary. Hammys and groins can be stubborn and can also get in your head. And plus, kickers really ain't right in the head as it is, typically their psyche can be very fragile. They should have given him a couple more weeks, Ted Nugent's kid was serviceable.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I would think it would be different for just "coaching" though. It doesn't require any physical talent.

He just does dumb shit sometimes, how could he have not learned better from guys like JJ and Saban?

Because he doesnt have the IT factor. Never has never will.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ha!! I thought that might be you!! Whats doin?
Welcome to the DCU, Haley. Feel free to post your ideas and opinions without fear of banning, benching, or any other retaliation from the crew. If you're used to places like the CZ you'll be a little disappointed on the posting traffic, but I think you'll find it a better quality of posting than you're used to. It's a freewheeling, locker-room type environment though where you can say what you think and believe even if it's critical of the team and the DC organization. Above all have fun and enjoy.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Honestly I think they rushed him back too soon when it really wasn't necessary. Hammys and groins can be stubborn and can also get in your head. And plus, kickers really ain't right in the head as it is, typically their psyche can be very fragile. They should have given him a couple more weeks, Ted Nugent's kid was serviceable.

Typical Red Clown move. He needs players to carry him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He really really likes that kicking game crutch. Sometimes I think he actually prefers FGs over TDs.

I don’t think that he necessarily believes that FG’s are better than TD’s.

I think it’s more that in his mind “points is points” and he will take em any way he can get em. And FG’s are easier than TD’s to get so there ya go

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don’t think that he necessarily believes that FG’s are better than TD’s.

I think it’s more that in his mind “points is points” and he will take em any way he can get em. And FG’s are easier than TD’s to get so there ya go

Everyone would take points any way they can get them. But Ginger seems to design the whole "attack" once inside the opponent 30, to getting the FG. It's not seen by him as a negative to leave that 4 points on the table every time. He really really likes that 3 point crutch.

Of course he knows TDs are better, I was being obviously facetious.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No it wasn't. Garrett completely tore up the playbook and redesigned the entire passing game when he took over.

Sparano was a washout coach in numerous stops after he left Dallas. He didn't amount to shit anywhere. His best ability was as an OL coach, and he wasn't all that great with that either.

No. Sparano held Garrett's hand. Or do you believe that was all Garrett in his first season? The Cowboys went across the middle much more back then, not the case with Garrett's system.

Top Bottom