dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How many times under Garrett have we gone empty back field on 3rd & 2 or 3rd & goal while having a potent rushing attack via Murray or Zeke?

True

But another Gailey gem "we want WR's that can block first"

Didn't care as much about route running or actually catching the ball, but they could run block.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
More than like Jerry is going to keep Garrett and make Linehan the scapegoat. If that does happen you think he’d consider Hue Jackson as a replacement? He’s likely going to get canned in Cleveland at the end of the season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More than like Jerry is going to keep Garrett and make Linehan the scapegoat. If that does happen you think he’d consider Hue Jackson as a replacement? He’s likely going to get canned in Cleveland at the end of the season.

Browns canned their GM, hired some guy that used to be in Chiefs front office and then said Jackson would be the HC in 2018

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hue jackson doesnt even have an offensive coordinator on staff

Ruth's-boy

Spectator
Reaction score
If the Cowboys are going to fire their HC, they need to have a BETTER one in the que. Do they? Belichick and the like... don't grow on trees.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If the Cowboys are going to fire their HC, they need to have a BETTER one in the que. Do they? Belichick and the like... don't grow on trees.

Better is irrelevant, who's pliable, subserviant and currently sitting on their couch?

Hmmm....Art Briles, Norv Turner, Jeff Fisher are right in jeri's wheelhouse although Norv appears to have a set of balls & would probably tell jeri too little, too late

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Better is irrelevant, who's pliable, subserviant and currently sitting on their couch?

Hmmm....Art Briles, Norv Turner, Jeff Fisher are right in jeri's wheelhouse although Norv appears to have a set of balls & would probably tell jeri too little, too late

Funny, I think Norv would be the most pliable of those three. And he's the most familiar. So he'd be the guy.

Also, LOL at Ruth's-Boy. You're right, we better keep Garrett another eight years. Hard to upgrade from someone as great as him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Last season's 'Coach of the Year' can now be replaced by a "can of corn", huh?

Could have been long before that ridiculous nonsenseical meaningless political award was bestowed.

Look guys, a Ginger fanboy. Should be fun for about three seconds.

Ruth's-boy

Spectator
Reaction score
Funny, I think Norv would be the most pliable of those three. And he's the most familiar. So he'd be the guy.

Also, LOL at Ruth's-Boy. You're right, we better keep Garrett another eight years. Hard to upgrade from someone as great as him.

Don't put words in my mouth, boy. I'm perfectly fine with replacing Garrett... WITH SOMEONE BETTER. I'm not a child who would be okay with a knee-jerk lateral or backward move.

Ruth's-boy

Spectator
Reaction score
Could have been long before that ridiculous nonsenseical meaningless political award was bestowed.

Look guys, a Ginger fanboy. Should be fun for about three seconds.

Why don't you answer the question... instead of being a cute boy.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right, not that Norv has zero spine, I just think those other guys have more.

Also, that little blurb just shows how absurdly infatuated with Garrett Jerry was. Red's entire resume was being a QB coach for two whole years, but Jerry still wanted him calling plays over an established very good OC like Norv. Pure insanity.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why don't you answer the question... instead of being a cute boy.
Your question WAS answered.

If you think it would be difficult at all to find a better HC than Ginger then it shows already you have way too high estimation of him. And if you think the CoTY award is at all relevant or in any way proof of abilities, I'm surprised you're intelligent enough to remember to breathe.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

You forgot Bob Stoops, also right in Jerry’s wheelhouse.

Top Bottom