dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
pit-of-misery-59f16e.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meh, the Dallas media is a bunch of pussies. Jerry will do it his way until he gets hit in the wallet. Even if he does it will just be another version of Garrett. Says nothing, improves nothing, accomplishes nothing.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interesting mainly because 1) 105.3 is the Official Station and 2) Ben has mostly been in Garrett's corner since they moved to 105.3.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
can't it be both?

sure, whatever floats your boat

IMHO, Garret is a symptom of the greater problem so he's largely irrelevant

There may be a coach that can succeed with jones (& his offspring) but I have no faith they'll ever find him; much less realize they should hire him if they did.

cliffs: any way you slice it, we're fucked, hope is dead

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IMHO, Garret is a symptom of the greater problem so he's largely irrelevant

I think he's proven to be a horrible coach though. There's stuff you can clearly point to Jones and say "that's on him" but when it comes to how poorly prepared the team is and especially all the blatant examples of in game mismanagement, that's all on Garrett, and that also means he isn't "irrelevant" because he finds ways to damage the teams chances.

There may be a coach that can succeed with jones (& his offspring) but I have no faith they'll ever find him; much less realize they should hire him if they did.

Well he did hire Jimmy and got that right (granted, it was once) so there's always a chance (albeit slight) he does the right thing again. Finding the right coach shouldn't be that hard if he would accept that what he is doing CLEARLY isn't working, and 21 (and soon to be 22) years of mediocrity should be enough for even the biggest fucktard hayseed to see it's time to change.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think he's proven to be a horrible coach though. There's stuff you can clearly point to Jones and say "that's on him" but when it comes to how poorly prepared the team is and especially all the blatant examples of in game mismanagement, that's all on Garrett, and that also means he isn't "irrelevant" because he finds ways to damage the teams chances.

Well he did hire Jimmy and got that right (granted, it was once) so there's always a chance (albeit slight) he does the right thing again. Finding the right coach shouldn't be that hard if he would accept that what he is doing CLEARLY isn't working, and 21 (and soon to be 22) years of mediocrity should be enough for even the biggest fucktard hayseed to see it's time to change.

this is where i'm at too.

we might get lucky and garrett gets fired and jerry may hire someone competent. or at least someone that has a little common sense.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yim is a closet Garrett fan...

Well he did hire Jimmy and got that right (granted, it was once) so there's always a chance (albeit slight) he does the right thing again.
And Parcells. Yes, he did it because he needed his stajium. But the point is, if he sees his money in trouble and feels really threatened, he can make a good decision.

Bottom line, even if it's not the next Jimmy or Parcells, whoever he picks would be better than Garrett.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bottom line, even if it's not the next Jimmy or Parcells, whoever he picks would be better than Garrett.

This is where I am with it. We've tried this Garrett garbage for 7 1/2 seasons now (more if you count OC) and it just isn't working.

Try SOMETHING else. ANYTHING else at this point.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well he did hire Jimmy and got that right
Don't give the mother fucker credit for even that. He gets NO credit for that hire, chiefly because Jimmy was by far the hottest commodity in football for coaching, and secondly because Tex Schramm had been courting Jimmy for two years. Jones just did the easy no-brainer hire and signed checks his first seven years as owner. When he talks about "three super bowls" and then says "you just want me to sit back and sign checks" it irony is thick. Jerry - just sitting back and signing checks IS EXACTLY HOW YOU COLLECTED THREE LOMBARDI TROPHIES!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Don't give the mother fucker credit for even that. He gets NO credit for that hire
Jimmy was his room mate at Arkansas thats why he hired him. Pure luck. If his room mate had been Switzer or John Doe that would have been the hire and we would be looking at 40 years since the last Lombardi.

Top Bottom