LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL and the owners have threatened to take the Cowboys away from Jones. I fucking hate them for teasing us like that. It's not going to happen. I do not believe they want to risk someone competant buying the team. Why? When week after week, you can watch Jerry and this team implode and be humiliated. He's becoming a laughing stock, and his influence is waning. This is a good thing.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Probably hoping he ISNT franchised tag so he can leave. I bet Zack Martin wants to leave too.

The Cowboys' mystique is no longer there. You cannot sell bullshit any longer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have to hand it to Eagles. They were impressive.

Their DL is dominant and their OL scheme is extremely well coached. Their blocking and tackling was the best I've seen all year from any team, both of which are top traits of well coached teams. Carson Wentz is definitely the real deal.

On the other side of the ball you have the Cowboys, who would certainly have to rank in the bottom 5 of the league in both blocking and tackling. As much as it sux to have Tyron Smith out because the backups are bad, the other tackle (Collins) is getting whipped play after play as well. He definitely doesn't look like a legit RT.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

But if true and he keeps Garrett and the rest of this staff, I can honestly say I am done with the NFL. I already don't watch any other games, and if Jones cares so little that he'd trot this sorry excuse for a HC and staff out there AGAIN then why the fuck should I care?

Answer is, I wont.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's YOUR assertion, therefore it's your searching to do. I read everything posted here and have seen nothing like what you've asserted.

It's there. But I'm not going to continue to go down that path.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

But if true and he keeps Garrett and the rest of this staff, I can honestly say I am done with the NFL. I already don't watch any other games, and if Jones cares so little that he'd trot this sorry excuse for a HC and staff out there AGAIN then why the fuck should I care?

Answer is, I wont.

I'm with you. I cannot root for any other team, therfore I cannot watch. I can better things to do with my time and life than to watch lousy football, and a senile od fuck.

Reaction score
Eagles players saying the Cowboys quit. I believe them. Gotta fire a coach when shit like this happens. Gotta clean sweep the staff. Philly has already recovered from Chip Kelly, and we trudge on to the never ending process...

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eagles players saying the Cowboys quit. I believe them. Gotta fire a coach when shit like this happens. Gotta clean sweep the staff. Philly has already recovered from Chip Kelly, and we trudge on to the never ending process...

Why was that the reason for Wade being fired, but not enough for Garrett? Don'ty give me the excuse of being without Zeke, Smith, and Lee, because Wade was without Romo.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Cowboys' mystique is no longer there. You cannot sell bullshit any longer.

Yes you can

The Cowboys being the most profitable franchise in all of sports even after 22 years of shit being trotted out on the field proves so

It’s a multi billion dollar franchise, and Jerry excels at selling shit! He’s the best there is at it

Clearly

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Philly had a plan that centered around improving the most important position on the field and I still can't believe they got a first for a scrub like Bradford that they used to move up for Wentz. I laugh when folks think it's a "process" and takes years to rebuild a team in an era of parity. It's really not a hard process IF you get lucky on finding your franchise QB. If not, you'll always be shooting for Pro-Bowlers at every position and relaying on them to win. That's where we are with Zeke. He's the most important position on the field and, when that happens, your team is built wrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
. If not, you'll always be shooting for Pro-Bowlers at every position and relaying on them to win. That's where we are with Zeke. He's the most important position on the field and, when that happens, your team is built wrong.

While I'm with you on most of what you said in the post in its entirety, you have to remember when they drafted Zeke they did it to help Romo and the defense.

Prescott was supposed to carry a clipboard for a couple seasons.

They never got the chance to draft Wentz, although I do believe wholeheartedly had he been available with our pick, they'd have taken him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While I'm with you on most of what you said in the post in its entirety, you have to remember when they drafted Zeke they did it to help Romo and the defense.

Prescott was supposed to carry a clipboard for a couple seasons.

They never got the chance to draft Wentz, although I do believe wholeheartedly had he been available with our pick, they'd have taken him.

It's not about Wentz. It looks like things may have worked out for the Eagles but that's not always the case. But, none the less, you still have to try rather than be cavalier in the way you look for the next franchise. Despite what some folks may think, I want Dak to succeed. But we are starting to see the flaws that make him a very limitted QB. His leadership qualities make him a great game manager but we'll need more to succeed. It's one thing to replace a coaching staff. It's another thing to find the right QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But we are starting to see the flaws that make him a very limitted QB. His leadership qualities make him a great game manager but we'll need more to succeed. It's one thing to replace a coaching staff. It's another thing to find the right QB.

I still think we've seen enough good things that with the right coaches and system in place, he can be really good here.

That said, the odds the owner ever puts the right coaches in place is probably slim and none though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broncos just fired offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, didn't even make it through the season.

And yet after the season, what we'll see in Dallas is "we need to continue with the process"

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And McCoy has no QB. At all. Can you imagine trying to scheme up Siemien and Brock Osweiler?

But yeah, other franchises at least attempt to make real changes when things fall apart.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And McCoy has no QB. At all. Can you imagine trying to scheme up Siemien and Brock Osweiler?

But yeah, other franchises at least attempt to make real changes when things fall apart.

Am I remembering correctly, was McCoy the OC when Payton Manning was there and didn't Manning love the guy?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes you can

The Cowboys being the most profitable franchise in all of sports even after 22 years of shit being trotted out on the field proves so

It’s a multi billion dollar franchise, and Jerry excels at selling shit! He’s the best there is at it

Clearly

jeri doesn't sell jack squat, he merely milks the fanatic devotion of fans that are so emotionally tied to the cowboys they can't leave even if they wanted to, I'm speaking from experience. I never buy tickets, jerseys, etc so all he gets from me is whatever the value of my eyeballs on a few games a year is but that has dropped off dramatically recently

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
jeri doesn't sell jack squat, he merely milks the fanatic devotion of fans that are so emotionally tied to the cowboys they can't leave even if they wanted to, I'm speaking from experience. I never buy tickets, jerseys, etc so all he gets from me is whatever the value of my eyeballs on a few games a year is but that has dropped off dramatically recently
What would it take for Jerry to take notice that the fans have had enough? 40,000 fans rattling around in AT&T Stadium? 30,000? 20,000? Would that ever happen? I imagine that most Cowboys fans would sell their tickets to the visiting team's fans, in which case Jerry would still be happy.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Top Bottom