LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was up in Seattle twice in October. It’s a beautiful stadium and you can see it right form the freeway. The practice facility is right next door and the fans have direct access to the team during practice. My sister in law lives 2 minutes from the practice facility and sees the players at local shops all the time. The fans support the team, and the team supports the fans

They take care of their fans!

Beautiful stadium in a beautiful city.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Beautiful stadium in a beautiful city.

It was a nice stadium (as was the baseball field), but the "beautiful city" thing I don't agree with.

I was just there a month or so ago (first time ever) and the scenery/lakes/water is nice, but the city itself was a freaking dump and its an area of the country run by the most backwards people in existence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a single empty seat in the house at Seattle. Has to be the greatest stadium in use today. Love the design.

And guess what? One week after nearly making the HoF in one game vs our shit fucking team and coaches, Adrian Clayborn manages just a single solo tackle. No sacks. No pressures, no hits on the QB, no tackles for loss vs the run either.

This against a team with an OL regarded as one of the worst in football.

But our guys were fighting/scratching/clawing!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*
Linebacker Anthony Hitchens received positive news from an MRI on a groin injury that knocked him out in the second half of Sunday's loss to Philadelphia. He said he will practice this week with the idea he will play Thursday against the Chargers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting.

Do you think we could get Troy to put in a great word for former teammate Jason Garrett? Leader of men. Expert in the strategy of fighting/scratching/clawing. Clapper supreme.

I think he'd make a great choice as HC of UCLA. As a USC man, I am sure this is an initiative CMD can get firmly behind as well. I know he wants what is best for his cross town rivals.

Rebholz, donor Casey Wasserman and former UCLA quarterback Troy Aikman will assist Guerrero during the search.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dakdezjg.jpg
NFL Week 11 Recap: Regression Has Come for the Cowboys
Dallas took the NFC by storm in 2016. After a blowout loss to the Eagles, though, its playoff hopes this season are in real danger. Plus, the Chiefs drop a stunner and Nathan Peterman has a day he’d like to forget.

BY ROBERT MAYS NOV 20, 2017, 12:36PM EST

When Aaron Rodgers and the Packers struck down the Cowboys in the divisional round of last season’s playoffs, the prevailing thought was, This is only the beginning. They’ll be back. Dallas took the league by storm in 2016, cruising to a 13-3 record behind a potent offense powered by a pair of breakout rookies and an All-Pro-laden line. Ten months later, following a 37-9 blowout loss to the Eagles—the Cowboys’ second disaster performance in as many weeks—Dallas sits at 5-5. Forget its NFC East aspirations; its playoff hopes appear to be in serious jeopardy.

Regression is a savage beast, and it’s come for the 2017 Cowboys like a pissed-off Liam Neeson. Dallas finished third in Football Outsiders’ offensive DVOA last year while rolling to the no. 1 seed in the conference. It’d dropped to eighth in offensive DVOA heading into Week 11 this fall, and that was before a game in which it scored zero touchdowns, amassed 225 total yards, and turned the ball over four times.

There were signs that pointed to a potential slide leading into the season. A first-place schedule carried a brutal slate of games, and the surprise emergence of the Eagles and Rams have only made that schedule tougher. In August, the NFL announced that it planned to suspend running back Ezekiel Elliott for six games, and he finally began serving that last week. And while most of the big names on last year’s Cowboys returned entering this campaign, several lesser-known key contributors are gone: Guard Ronald Leary got a big-money deal to sign with the Broncos; right tackle Doug Free called it a career; and the defense hemorrhaged talent in free agency, with safeties Barry Church and J.J. Wilcox and cornerback Brandon Carr walking out the door shortly after the market opened.

The shifting pieces along the offensive line may have made the biggest impact. Jonathan Cooper, the 2013 first-round pick who’s on his fourth career team, has had a nice season at left guard, but he represents a marked downgrade from Leary. New right tackle La’el Collins provides a huge talent upgrade over the retired Free, but the 24-year-old—who landed a sizable contract extension this summer—has struggled to put it all together. The complications brought on by those two (relatively) weak links have been compounded by injury woes for all-world left tackle Tyron Smith. Even before a groin issue knocked him out of the lineup for the past two games, Smith had been hampered by lingering back problems. And the difference between a less-than-100-percent Smith and a backup option is colossal. Just ask Chaz Green.

After Smith was ruled out the day prior to the Cowboys’ Week 10 clash with Atlanta, Dallas failed to alter its plan at left tackle, leaving backup Green to fend for himself. The result was one of the worst games that an offensive lineman has ever played, as Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn—who had 22 career sacks coming into the game—finished with six, and Dak Prescott was dropped eight times in a 27-7 loss. Byron Bell (who replaced Green near the end of the loss to Atlanta) wasn’t a full-blown horror show against the Eagles on Sunday, but the final product still wasn’t pretty. With a few additional days to prepare for Smith’s absence, the Cowboys devised a game plan that included more tight end and running back chips, yet Bell looked out of his depth when left alone to deal with Philadelphia defensive end Derek Barnett. The rookie tallied two sacks, including a fourth-quarter strip that sealed the Eagles’ rout. Barnett went purposefully unblocked on one of those sacks, but he roasted Bell on the other and was a presence in the Cowboys’ backfield all night.

For Dallas, the start of Elliott’s suspension has garnered most of the headlines over the past couple of weeks, and that’s understandable given that he rushed for 783 yards with seven touchdowns through Week 9. But Smith’s absence has proved far more devastating to the Cowboys’ chances. In Elliott’s stead, running back Alfred Morris has averaged 5.14 yards per carry; Bell is less of a liability in the ground game, meaning that the offense should be able to sustain production even without Elliott. Pass protection has been the issue, and on Sunday Prescott clearly felt the heat. He turned in the worst outing of his young career against Philly, going 18-of-31 passing for a meager 145 yards with three interceptions. Prescott airmailed a handful of throws he usually hits in his sleep, and made several other miscues as he accelerated his process in the pocket to avoid getting eaten by the Eagles’ relentless front four.

Coming into the season, the best way for Dallas to fight off the regression monster was for Prescott to build on his Rookie of the Year campaign from 2016. Considering the ridiculous numbers (23 touchdown passes, four interceptions, and a completion percentage of 67.8) he put up in his debut, that was always going to be a tall order. While Prescott has looked excellent in stretches this fall and will be the centerpiece of the Cowboys franchise for a long time, there’s no denying that his stats (16 touchdown passes, seven interceptions, and a completion percentage of 62.8) have taken a dip across the board. Part of that is attributable to the cushy infrastructure he enjoyed last year beginning to crumble, and that’s sort of the point. Shuffling pieces (and poor injury luck) up front and Elliott’s suspension meant that there was no way Prescott’s surroundings would be as comfortable as they were in 2016. Overcoming that required Prescott to make up for the deterioration around him, and so far that hasn’t happened.

The Cowboys still boast a collection of offensive talent that most teams would die to have, but they’ve slid toward the bottom of the top 10 in terms of efficiency. With a young defense lacking talent at virtually every position (and dealing with the extended absence of do-everything linebacker Sean Lee, who missed this week’s game with a hamstring injury), even a small step back had the potential to spoil this Dallas season. A lackluster crop of NFC teams competing for the second wild-card spot means that the 5-5 Cowboys are still in the hunt. But it’s clear that this year’s team is not the one we saw last year, and considering Smith’s health, it’s fair to question if we’ll see that version of this group again.

Read full article: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/...cap-dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-playoff-hopes

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interesting.

Do you think we could get Troy to put in a great word for former teammate Jason Garrett? Leader of men. Expert in the strategy of fighting/scratching/clawing. Clapper supreme.

I think he'd make a great choice as HC of UCLA. As a USC man, I am sure this is an initiative CMD can get firmly behind as well. I know he wants what is best for his cross town rivals.

He already did for the Cowboys head coach job

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Raiders seasons from last year pretty much mirrored ours in success and wins (until Carr got hurt at the end of the season)

This year their season has pretty much mirrored ours again. But they do have an excuse of loosing Carr again to injury for two games.

That however did not keep the Raiders from firing defensive coordinator Ken Norton today

Why can’t our front office do what it needs to do

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Buaaahahahahahahahahahaaaa

Jay Ajayi’s own team mates are roasting his ass on the sidelines for getting caught from behind by Byron Jones on that 71 yard run

I didn’t see which Eagle it was but he said “you slow as shit, get your slow ass over here. I’ll help you train with your slow ass, that’s a damn shame”!!!!

Lmao!!!!!
Jay Ajayi Got Roasted By Teammates During SNF For Being Caught From Behind: 'With Yo Slow Ass' (VIDEO) | Total Pro Sports

I think that counts as a "W" in jeri's eyes

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Buaaahahahahahahahahahaaaa

Jay Ajayi’s own team mates are roasting his ass on the sidelines for getting caught from behind by Byron Jones on that 71 yard run

Garrett gave Byron Jones the weekly "fight/scratch/claw" award for that by the way

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think everyone on this forum should get a fight/scratch/claw award for how hard we've been working to overthrow this current inept regime.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
casey howard is up next for dez tmrw.

Casey Hayward was someone I was hoping we'd go after before the 2016 season and we didn't. He's had two great years with San Diego and he didn't cost an arm and a leg IIRC.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Casey Hayward was someone I was hoping we'd go after before the 2016 season and we didn't. He's had two great years with San Diego and he didn't cost an arm and a leg IIRC.
Instead we go in for the likes of Nolan Carroll who, incidentally, had a workout with the Saints today.

Top Bottom