Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Morris ripped off 2 or 3 really nice runs early in the 2nd half. he had 43 yards at halftime and then got 30 or 40 on the first drive of the 2nd half.

As far as what changed, defensively NOTHING. They lined up in almost the exact same formation almost every play (basically only 6 guys in the box, with the other 5 guys spread out like it was a prevent defense almost) and the Eagles just kept gashing massive holes in them.

The D kept getting the ball back and the O kept sputtering. The D gave the team a chance, especially in the first half, to take some control of the game but we came up woefully short. I never thought the D would hold out forever but it's not like our offense pressured the Eagles.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fuck off, Ben. Why can't people admit that Dak had a legitimately shitty game? He had the benefit of a good running game courtesy Morris, and Bell (while not great) held his own most of the game, so fuck the excuses. You wanna blame one of those picks on TWill? Fine, but the other two were flat out hideous and irresponsible. You guys seem to be saying that Dak can only succeed when every single complementary player is in place. That's bullshit. You gotta put your team on your back sometimes. No way we would have scored one measly TD in two straight games with Romo under center.

He did have a shitty game, but what I think is rubbing him raw and all others is that Garrett is throwing Dak and the rest of the team under the bus. Don't understand, acts like Garrett hasn't done this before, when he's par for course.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The D kept getting the ball back and the O kept sputtering. The D gave the team a chance, especially in the first half, to take some control of the game but we came up woefully short. I never thought the D would hold out forever but it's not like our offense pressured the Eagles.

"Kicking field goals just brings you that much closer to losing." --Troy Aikman.

We never put any legitimate scoring pressure on the Eagles, that's quite fair to say.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Kicking field goals just brings you that much closer to losing." --Troy Aikman.

We never put any legitimate scoring pressure on the Eagles, that's quite fair to say.

Yep. And Steve Young said it too after playing us 92 and 93. How we respond (or don't respond) on Thursday should be interesting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who played left tackle yesterday and how bad did that go?

Brandon Bell did.

As I mentioned previously, he wasn't good but he was better than Chaz Green was last week. He got quite a bit of help as the Cowboys ran a ton of routes with only 3 or 4 guys (a couple times it was only 2)

Lael Collins run blocking wasn't bad, but I thought he had a poor game in pass protection at RT and honestly the interior OL wasn't superb either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The D got the ball back in the first half, but they didn't do jack in the 2nd half. Again the other team made adjustments and ours didn't.

Eagles first 3 drives of 2nd half:

8 plays, 75 yds TD
5 plays 90 yds TD
11 plays 85 yds TD

Our defense finally forced a punt on their 4th drive, well after the game was out of hand.

D did everything they could in 1st half, but they got worked over badly in 2nd half.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Last night the Cowboys drew the 4th lowest rating they've EVER had when playing on SNF.

Last weeks game at 4:25 game v Atlanta was the lowest rated game the Cowboys have had this year as well in that time slot.

You see Jerry, people are starting to seriously not give a shit about your fucked up team now. They know bad coaching and bad play when they see it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I like it so much I wanted to put it up here too.

Hell I might create a whole new thread about it, just because.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I like it so much I wanted to put it up here too.

Hell I might create a whole new thread about it, just because.

Yeah whodafuk is Ben Rogers though?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The D got the ball back in the first half, but they didn't do jack in the 2nd half. Again the other team made adjustments and ours didn't.

Eagles first 3 drives of 2nd half:

8 plays, 75 yds TD
5 plays 90 yds TD
11 plays 85 yds TD

Our defense finally forced a punt on their 4th drive, well after the game was out of hand.

D did everything they could in 1st half, but they got worked over badly in 2nd half.

The was going to break, sooner or later. We all knew that. Every single one of us. Our only hope to have a shot was to outscore them when we got the ball back. In any event, we'll be dealing with Wentz for the next 10 years. It's disgusting. How long will the fans support this abortion of a football team?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It sounded like a home game for the Eagles last night. The Cowboys season ticket holders were probably feverishly dumping their tickets as the game approached. Of course, Jerry still made his money but how long will fans keep watching this abortion before Jerry sees a decline in the ratings? Will that be enough if Jerry is still making money on TV revenue? Does he even care if the tickets go to opposing fans since he still got paid? I think the only thing that may make Jerry make a change is the complete embarrassment of this team like yesterday. Unfortunately, in his mind he probably feels all will be well when Zeke comes back and we'll be in the hunt next year. I guess what I'm saying is that we're all fucked.......

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not a single empty seat in the house at Seattle. Has to be the greatest stadium in use today. Love the design.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not a single empty seat in the house at Seattle. Has to be the greatest stadium in use today. Love the design.

I was up in Seattle twice in October. It’s a beautiful stadium and you can see it right form the freeway. The practice facility is right next door and the fans have direct access to the team during practice. My sister in law lives 2 minutes from the practice facility and sees the players at local shops all the time. The fans support the team, and the team supports the fans

They take care of their fans!

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys!!! We didn't quit and we played hard!!! This fucking idiot is such an enabler. Hey dickhead, you got your asses handed to you by a divisional opponent on national TV.

Jason Garrett: Cowboys didn’t quit against the Eagles

Dallas Cowboys: Jason Garrett says team has no quit | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

FRISCO

Jason Garrett defended the Dallas Cowboys effort despite getting blown out 37-9 by the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night.

Eagles running back Jay Ajayi told The Dallas Morning News that he “definitely” thought the Cowboys quit in what became the worst loss in AT&T Stadium history.

Garrett refuted that during his news conference on Monday.

“I think our team plays hard. I do,” Garrett said. “When you go back and look at some of those plays that they broke in the second half, and again I think more than anything else we’re just not being fundamentally sound. I think our guys give great effort, they work hard. Unfortunately, that’s not enough. You have to make sure you’re playing the right way, as well. We need to play better than we did in the second half.”

Cowboys players also defended their effort level after and aren’t ready to give up on the season despite a 5-5 record. The Cowboys lost any realistic hope of winning the NFC East again with Sunday’s loss, and have an uphill battle to climb to clinch a wild-card spot.

“One thing that’s great about this team is we have a bunch of fighters on this team and no one’s going to quit,” right guard Zack Martin said. “We’ve still got a lot of season left. Six games to go and I think we really still control our own destiny.”

Said Garrett: “We have the right kind of guys on our team. Guys who come to work, guys who love to play. Today was all about getting that last one behind us and start getting our eyes forward, on to the Chargers, because this game is going to be upon us really quickly.”

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ok, never mind

giphy.gif

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
my homer buddy was convinced Chiduwazumicalizomissipipiwhatthefuckhisnameis was gonna come off his hamstring injury and make up for what the defense was missing

so how'd he do?

Top Bottom