ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Eh, nobody knows that. What would the "or else" be? Quitting a multimillion dollar job? Jerry would just call his bluff.

It's going too far to blame Romo for having a shitty coach. That's the owner/GM's fault.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eh, nobody knows that. What would the "or else" be? Quitting a multimillion dollar job? Jerry would just call his bluff.

It's going too far to blame Romo for having a shitty coach. That's the owner/GM's fault.

He could have refused contract extensions/restructured contracts and totally forced Jones' hands.

He could have also threatened to go public with his belief Garrett should be canned.

There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that Romo could have gotten Garrett canned if he had wanted. He either truly thinks Garrett is a good coach or just doesn't care about winning. Either way its an indictment on him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
E

It is, but if the owner loves his HC and nobody on the team with enough importance speaks up about it, nothing changes.

Romo didn't speak up.

foolforspeed

Spectator
Reaction score
A hit on Ginger is a hit on Jerry cause that's his puppet. I would be shocked if Jerry fired him after all the years of molding him into the perfect "yes" man.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
you know damn well jeri will give him next season because of all the BS that happened this year. They'll have a last place schedule and Zeke back and end up with 9 or 10 wins plus a few more excuses and that'll be enough for jeri to bring him back another year.

Unless they get the shit kicked out of them every remaining game this year, Garrett will probably finish out the last 2 years of his contact

Reaction score
you know damn well jeri will give him next season because of all the BS that happened this year. They'll have a last place schedule and Zeke back and end up with 9 or 10 wins plus a few more excuses and that'll be enough for jeri to bring him back another year.

Unless they get the shit kicked out of them every remaining game this year, Garrett will probably finish out the last 2 years of his contact

That's why I say hey man, nice shot... err... I mean why I say that the fans have to step up, and step out. Good money, hard-earned money cannot be flushed down the toilet for another season of Garrett. It just isn't worth it. Starve the beast. It is the only way.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Good money, hard-earned money cannot be flushed down the toilet for another season of Garrett. It just isn't worth it. Starve the beast. It is the only way.
I've been beating this drum for years. We can't really hurt Jerry any other way than in swag sales, since he jerry-rigged the stadium to always be "sold out."

People simply have to boycott Dallas Cowboys swag products.

Of course, if that happened Jerry would blame it on the league at large, Goodell's handling of the flag issue and other crises - he won't get the real message regardless.

Reaction score
I've been beating this drum for years. We can't really hurt Jerry any other way than in swag sales, since he jerry-rigged the stadium to always be "sold out."

Of course, if that happened Jerry would blame it on the league at large, Goodell's handling of the flag issue and other crises - he won't get the real message regardless.

Here's a few articles that are pertinent:

NFL TV Partners Set To Lose Up To $500 Million On Ratings Decline - Outkick the Coverage

Much Like Their Television Ratings, NFL Merchandise Sales Plummet to New Lows

Both of these affect Jerry's bottom line. Cowboys games were maintaining decent ratings, but have cratered since Zeke's suspension. Cratered so bad that we are being flexed to morning games.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I'll tell you a way to hurt jeri

every cowboy fan needs to NEVER listen to his or Stephens show, tune out whenever they're interviewed on tv or radio and bludgeon all media sources telling them they no longer want to hear the stream of bullshit that emanates from any of the jones clans festering gob hole.

This ultimately would cause media to cover them less and drop their shows on local radio altogether.

Can you imagine no one ever sticking a mic in Jeris face? It would be delicious to watch

of course this is a pipe dream which won't ever happen because fans cant seem to unite to do a damn thing to punish the jones clan

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If he signed up here would you know? If so, would you tell us?

He can read without signing up and I'd have no way of knowing. If he did sign up I'd only know if he wanted me to, like if he used his work email address in his account for example.

Top Bottom