Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok, mid-season reality check...

This team really never had the defense to be a serious frontrunner. What we have, is an offense good enough to beat any team in the league on any week in a 42-38 game. We have a "puncher's chance" if we somehow made it into the playoffs. We could take out anybody on any given Sunday. I question however, our ability to sustain that over multiple weeks. In short.....

....we are the Texas Tech of the NFL.

Send us to last year's SB runnerup and take away THREE All-Pros AND the best kicker in the game. Are we going to get beat? You bet we are! Probably next week too.

I guess we really shouldn't have been surprised..

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There was no sense in continuing I guess, Goodell and his lackeys won.
Yeah I was just being snarky in calling him a quitter. There are quitters on this team, but he hasn't been one yet that I've seen.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:lol

BTW, on Speak for Yourself today they led off with the topic of, "Should Jason Garrett be on the hot seat?"

Idiot Colin Cowherd was the only one of the four who defended him.

His seat should be so hot that'd the devil would get blisters from sitting on it. And Cowherd... hates the Cowboys. Why wouldn't he want the Cowboys to keep Garrett?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok, mid-season reality check...

This team really never had the defense to be a serious frontrunner. What we have, is an offense good enough to beat any team in the league on any week in a 42-38 game. We have a "puncher's chance" if we somehow made it into the playoffs. We could take out anybody on any given Sunday. I question however, our ability to sustain that over multiple weeks. In short.....

....we are the Texas Tech of the NFL.

Send us to last year's SB runnerup and take away THREE All-Pros AND the best kicker in the game. Are we going to get beat? You bet we are! Probably next week too.

I guess we really shouldn't have been surprised..

If you take a look at the playoffs last year, only two teams had dominant defenses: the Chiefs and the Steelers. That mantra of "defense win championships" is overblown. The defense has been playing better than it ever has under Garrett --- no credit to him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
22 years amigo

its the loss of hope knowing nothing will ever change at the top

Imagine how irate all you Garrett haters would be if you knew for certain he wasn't going anywhere for another 20 years

I wouldn't be irate. I'd simply quit being a Cowboys' fan. Just stop watching football altogether. No big deal. I don't think Jerry has another 20 years, and unfortunately Stephen seems as stupid as his father. But Stephen may want his own guy, who knows.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If you take a look at the playoffs last year, only two teams had dominant defenses: the Chiefs and the Steelers. That mantra of "defense win championships" is overblown. The defense has been playing better than it ever has under Garrett --- no credit to him.
True, but you have to have SOME semblance of a defense. And we've been offense heavy for a couple of years. We're not complete. Yet.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just made this, to greet your fine day.

myimagehost

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
BUT.... Not all is lost. I just made us a new smilie for when we make a TD, Garrett gets canned or like, when Jerry finally dies. A smilie to use for when good stuff happens.

:TD

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Phew.

This shit tonight, how does it not get some pitchforks toted and some torches lit?

Jerry, you even fucking watching?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Terry Glenn Mel Tillis and Charles Manson all dead this weekend but not Jerry.

God how I wish he was on that list.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
and David Cassidy, my boyhood crush (wait, wut?) is hanging by a thread

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I guess the good news is the pundits feel there isnt a huge difference in talent in the first 20 picks of the draft this year. Now watch Goodell strip the pick for conduct detrimental.

Top Bottom