Reaction score
I have to ask this question of you guys because I saw this at the home for morons known as "Cowboyszone":

Is he gone yet? Green's fate today is telling of the coaching staff | Page 2 | Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com

You don't cut a guy after one guy bad game....get a grip of yourselves....

This quote is by "rocyaice" and is typical of idiots. It is this kind of thinking that keeps the Cowboys at .500 forever since the end of the last Super Bowl because the Front Office shares this opinion.

To counter this I present the cases of John Roper and Curvin Richards.

John Roper was cut for falling asleep in a team meeting, and Curvin Richards was cut for fumbling. Neither player's sins were as horrible as Green was on Sunday. Not even close. Neither of those two players had historic, all time fails, but they were cut without hesitation because they are the kinds of players that will blow it or mentally quit in big situations.

So yes, you DO cut a player after a bad game, especially one who isn't valuable at all, and is not a starter with a history of getting it done. You do it like you are Genghis Khan so that it throws fear into all the other players on the margin of your team.

Why do I think I'm right, and virtue signaling superfans like rocyaice are wrong? 3 SB in 4 years vs 22+ years of a nightmare.

Oh, and let me just curtail the usual Micky Spagnola crew's "well, who you gonna git?" bullshit right now. The answer to that question, as always is "SOMEBODY ELSE!"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it was a foregone conclusion, then remembered its Jason Garrett as the HC and really, truly awful poor play is never punished.

I don't see how anyone could watch what Chaz Green did Sunday and come to a conclusion different than what mine was, that he tanked on purpose and if that's the case you HAVE to cut the guy.

The kicker should have been released yesterday too, but of course he wasn't either.

Players have no fear of losing their job here.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in post game interviews, i've posted blurbs from clayborne and he basically said that he was using 1 move all night long. and that green never changed his hand position.

and all the coaches watched green get beat 1v1 over and over and over again.

the definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting different results.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
in post game interviews, i've posted blurbs from clayborne and he basically said that he was using 1 move all night long. and that green never changed his hand position.

and all the coaches watched green get beat 1v1 over and over and over again.

the definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting different results.

Like I said, he didn't try.

Coaches went into that game thinking if anyone needed any help, it was Collins on Beasley. Nobody had given a shred of thought to JAG Clayborn turning into Lawrence Taylor/Derrick Thomas/Harvey Martin rolled into one.

Green should have been benched after the first quarter and left at the airport after the game. What he did was pure garbage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, and let me just curtail the usual Micky Spagnola crew's "well, who you gonna git?" bullshit right now. The answer to that question, as always is "SOMEBODY ELSE!"

Anybody off the street or that kid on our practice squad Jarron Jones should be on the roster in Green's place today.

They couldn't possibly do any worse than Green did, and I bet they'd actually give real effort because they'd appreciate the chance. Green fucked the team on purpose over sour grapes about being (rightfully) benched for Jonathan Cooper earlier in the year.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Coaches went into that game thinking if anyone needed any help, it was Collins on Beasley. Nobody had given a shred of thought to JAG Clayborn turning into Lawrence Taylor/Derrick Thomas/Harvey Martin rolled into one.

Green should have been benched after the first quarter and left at the airport after the game. What he did was pure garbage.

green looked decent at LT last time he played there. wtf happened?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I think I saw someone say this was his first road game? And Garrett suggested (though didn't say outright, of course) that he might have had some problems with the silent count? Maybe that's why he was always getting beat off the line?

Could be that happened a couple of times, and then he completely lost his confidence.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If Brad Johnson, Weeden, Cassell and K Moore survived, so will Chaz

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Haven't you guys figured it out by now? jeri decides on who gets cut and he doesn't believe in tough love, he thinks you can attaboy a player right into the hall of fame

be patient, that championship is right around the corner

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I got the feeling from the start that Chaz was a Stephen pet cat. He was talking him up big from the day they drafted him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah he did, in fact I read somewhere that he didn't give up a sack form the LT spot in any of his previous regular season games, including the 2 1/2 he played for Tyron last yr. He had a few holding calls (couple of which were pretty dubious) but his run and pass blocking were both good.

if he wasn't playing hurt Sunday (and there was no mention of it) then the only legit explanation for doing what he did vs a JAG like Clayborn is tanking.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I saw someone say this was his first road game? And Garrett suggested (though didn't say outright, of course) that he might have had some problems with the silent count? Maybe that's why he was always getting beat off the line?

Could be that happened a couple of times, and then he completely lost his confidence.

Garrett is making excuses then. The stadium was nowhere near full and it wasn't even that loud anyway according to some of my friends who went to the game. There were also a lot of Dallas fans there as well.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Players that are fragile physically are usually fragile emotionally. BTW that BS about it being his first road game, I seem to remember him playing last year in SF, and playing fairly well. Just another rationalization from the Kool-Aid drinkers. I mean come on, if what happened on the field the other day happened in prison, Chaz would be walking around with his finger in Clayborn's belt loop.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Occam's razor, dude. Why would he quit? Why would he want Prescott bludgeoned? The simpler explanation is that he was dominated by a superior player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Occam's razor, dude. Why would he quit? Why would he want Prescott bludgeoned? The simpler explanation is that he was dominated by a superior player.

That b/s dude. Why wasn't he dominated by better players on the other teams he faced then? The fact is he wasn't.

I don't think it had anything to do with wanting Prescott to be hammered, I think it's that he is acting like a pissy little bitch because he lost the starting job he thought he was entitled to, but lost because he couldn't stay healthy.

Adrian Clayborn has never been a superior player to anyone. He's a jag supreme himself, something his career stats clearly show.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
JAG? I having a feeling the average coach would have sensed something was wrong after the 2nd or maybe 3rd sack given up, but not our JAG coach.

Every ex player and coach on tv all said the LT needed to be given help. It was obvious and they dont understand why an adjustment wasnt made. And its not like all those commenting on tv are brain surgeons. Yet our Princeton grad just kept clapping on the sideline w/o knowing what to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom