Who you got? Week 11 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you got? Week 11

1. Back To Top    #16
    The team used Zeke's suspension as an excuse to quit, and just collect pay checks. They won't win again until he's back, and maybe not even then if they've completely tanked like I expect.

EAGLES

2. Back To Top    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    The team used Zeke's suspension as an excuse to quit, and just collect pay checks.
    I don't agree with this, it might change but I don't think the entire team quit Sunday. Before Lee went out our defense was pretty dominant, we were constantly in the backfield and laying the wood to people.

Now as the game wore on you could see a lot of players who were clearly frustrated (especially with the officials) and I think you could say some of them through their arms up and were saying "WTF?"

The only players I think "quit" was Chaz Green and maybe Darren McFadden. There was a report before the game (Jane Slater I think) that said McFadden had been sulking or something for weeks.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

3. Back To Top    #18
    no sean lee, no chance for our defense to stop spilled milk from dripping off the counter and onto the floor.

EAGLES

4. Back To Top    #19
    the cowboys defense is cheap toilet paper and the eagles are coming over to wipe their ass

5. Back To Top    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    I don't agree with this, it might change but I don't think the entire team quit Sunday. Before Lee went out our defense was pretty dominant, we were constantly in the backfield and laying the wood to people.

Now as the game wore on you could see a lot of players who were clearly frustrated (especially with the officials) and I think you could say some of them through their arms up and were saying "WTF?"

The only players I think "quit" was Chaz Green and maybe Darren McFadden. There was a report before the game (Jane Slater I think) that said McFadden had been sulking or something for weeks.
    The moment any adversity was faced the team threw in the towel and proceeded to get stomped. "It's ok, though, because Zeke was suspended," was the thought in their minds to justify it. I know too much about human psychology, especially of the snowflake millennial athlete, to be convinced otherwise.

6. Appreciation ThoughtExperiment, Doomsday appreciated this post
  7. Back To Top    #21
    The moment any adversity was faced the team threw in the towel and proceeded to get stomped. "It's ok, though, because Zeke was suspended," was the thought in their minds to justify it. I know too much about human psychology, especially of the snowflake millennial athlete, to be convinced otherwise.
    Again... This is why I detested the attitude of the front office (especially Stephen) during and after the 2015 disaster year. One, they acted like they were all waiting for Romo to come back and save them. Two, after the year Steve blew it off as well, basically stating that we still have the best team, we just were hurt so we couldn't possibly win. And of course Robot Garrett never said anything different. Never did anyone act like that streak of losing was unacceptable, or that there would be consequences.

That kind of attitude makes losing acceptable. You just use the convenient excuse and everything is fine.

In any event, you've accomplished the near impossible......to have a thread closed/locked on DCU.

8. Back To Top    #22
    The only players I think "quit" was Chaz Green and maybe Darren McFadden.
    I quit watching after the missed field goal, what did McFadden do in the game to give you this impression?

9. Back To Top    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by yimyammer View Post
    I quit watching after the missed field goal, what did McFadden do in the game to give you this impression?
    He just fell over on the one run play he got, also missed badly on a pass protection.

Then there was the report in pregame about him too.

10. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  11. Back To Top    #24
    It was still 10-7 and 17-7 into the 3rd quarter too though, so am not buying the team quit thing.

Losing Sean Lee killed the defense (as usual) and the offense could never get anything going because of what Chaz Green and the officials did.

That said, I halfway am expecting a really, really bad blowout Sunday night.

12. Back To Top    #25
    Then there was the report in pregame about him too.
    thx, apparently I missed that too, what was the pregame report?

13. Back To Top    #26
    Yeah, I didn't hear that either...

14. Back To Top    #27
    Theebs posted it at CZ

Said Jane Slater told the guys on the station (Ticket I think) that she was being told McFadden was sulking for quite some time.

It was in that pregame thread.

15. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  16. Back To Top    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by seandude View Post
    How can I be 0-1 again? Not that it matters, but I pick Eagles this week. Vegas has Philly by 3.
    Your 2-3 Not sure how I fucked that up.

17. Back To Top    #29
    Jeff Heath never would have allowed 6 sacks....

Eagles 35 Cowboys 12

18. Back To Top    #30

19. Appreciation Doomsday, icup appreciated this post
    Props dbair1967 gave props for this post

Members who have read this thread: 18