Reaction score
I think you definitely say the Zeke stuff played on them yesterday, although I don't think its that they wanted to use it as an excuse, they know Goodell is railroading the team unjustly, and they probably are just like "WTF?"

You could also see it with the frustration over the officials. The holding calls thing is beyond absurd at this point. Yesterday the Falcons literally got away with murder, and the refs called almost nothing on them. Late/unnecessary hits on WR's? Yep. No fewer than 3 or 4 obvious face mask calls, Yep. Numerous plays with contact to the QB's head , Yep. Chop blocks against our DL on several occasions, Yep. They called that "tackling by the back of the football helmet opening" (or whatever it was) on Jeff Heath, yet later in the game a Falcon defender did the exact same thing to Morris and it was ignored.

I suspect that 2010 Green Bay moment is definitely coming, I could see it next Sunday night vs Philly. Between the league office sponsored hit job on Zeke and the team, the bad officiating and the truly atrocious coaching, its coming.

How many fucking times have we had a call nobody could recall ever hearing before called on us recently? The huddle bullshit call last year was one. Another is this "grabbing an opening on the helmet" which, as you pointed out, was then ignored whenever Atlanta grabbed helmets. Oh, yeah, has anyone else seen another holding call excused by the refs because the hold "had no effect on the player" like was ruled against Dallas a few years back? Me neither.

The worst part though, is that even if a group like Project Veritas went undercover, and caught Goodell and some referees admitting that they intentionally fuck Dallas over it wouldn't matter. Nothing could be done, because legally, the NFL can script its games if they want to. They are an "entertainment" company like WWE.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's shocking how dependent we are on Smith and Lee. The drop off in talent is severe. The Eagles lost Peters but are chugging right along. We lose Smith for one game and the roof caves in.

What about the Vikes losing their starting QB (who was playing great) and probably ROY RB? Total castoffs for replacements and they're rolling right along at 7-2.

But they have a real coach, too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What about the Vikes losing their starting QB (who was playing great) and probably ROY RB? Total castoffs for replacements and they're rolling right along at 7-2.

But they have a real coach, too.

Yeah they've had a good year. Rebuilt their OL and their WR's are paying extremely well.

To be down to essentially 3rd team QB and lose top RB for season and still be 7-2 is pretty impressive.

The Saints and Sean Payton are really having a great year. He has retooled that team big time.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Garrett Process requires an All-Pro at every position, and an enormous amount of luck that none get injured for this team to have a shot at winning the SB. Hell, I could coach under those circumstances too.

All that to achieve one and done.

Top Bottom