Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why we can never, ever start to believe in this joke of a team?

Discuss. AND cuss.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. You were right all along Dooms.

They are never going to amount to shit regardless of what kind of talent they have until Jones wakes up and sees he needs the next Jimmy Johnson, not more of Jason Garrett (or Wade Phillips, or Chan Gailey, or Dave Campo, or Barry Switzer etc etc)

He did hire Parcells, but only because 1) he wanted his new stadium and knew fans weren't going to buy it with any more 5-11 seasons and 2) Parcells was a burnout who desperately needed money, and saw Johnny Walker Jones coming with his checkbook

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've understood a long time ago. But nothing will change so we're stuck with what we have.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've understood a long time ago.
I have for many years. But I let Homerism creep in and actually started to believe.

Unlike Garrett and most of the players on this team, I won't repeat the same mistake.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It's shocking how dependent we are on Smith and Lee. The drop off in talent is severe. The Eagles lost Peters but are chugging right along. We lose Smith for one game and the roof caves in.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It's shocking how dependent we are on Smith and Lee. The drop off in talent is severe. The Eagles lost Peters but are chugging right along. We lose Smith for one game and the roof caves in.

Coaching makes all the difference. Look at that mess in Philly that Chip Kelly left and look where they are now in a couple years. We've had this 7 year process thats stuck in the mud or quick sand and no help in sight.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Coaching makes all the difference. Look at that mess in Philly that Chip Kelly left and look where they are now in a couple years. We've had this 7 year process thats stuck in the mud or quick sand and no help in sight.

Fuck its more than that. Dude has been intricately involved with the team since 2007. That's 11 fucking seasons (counting this one) of NOTHING. No championship game appearances. No super bowls. NADA

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
but I picked the Falcons, because I dont believe. .

I suspect after what we saw today, beating the NYG might be the only win we get the rest of the year. Even that one is pretty iffy.

5-11 or 6-10 is what this is shaping up as, and its inexcusable.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I suspect after what we saw today, beating the NYG might be the only win we get the rest of the year. Even that one is pretty iffy.

5-11 or 6-10 is what this is shaping up as, and its inexcusable.

Quite likely with the Red Clapper standing around clapping the whole time.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fuck its more than that. Dude has been intricately involved with the team since 2007. That's 11 fucking seasons (counting this one) of NOTHING. No championship game appearances. No super bowls. NADA

Two playoff wins in 11 years with Garrett. That's it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Two playoff wins in 11 years with Garrett. That's it.

The reality is every year of the last 22 has been some version of ground hogs day. Around 500, a little better some years, a little worse others. Sprinkle in a playoff win once a decade and that has been the post Jimmy era other than Switzer winning with Jimmy's roster. The bottom line is NO, I DONT BELIEVE. It is going to take Jerry having nothing to do with personnel or coaching decisions before I would even consider starting to believe.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Hell forget about Chips fiasco in Philly

Just look at the perpetual 7 and 9 bullshit that was Jeff Fisher with the Rams. They fire him, hire a rookie head coach, and are now in the hunt for the playoffs, have the highest scoring offense in the league, and have already doubled their win total from last season and the season is barely half over

seandude

Spectator
Reaction score
Regardless of coaching, the players still have to play. The way I see it, there is no accountability. If pay was performance based, superstars like Dez Bryant might catch the damn ball. Dez has the highest base salary in the NFL at $13 million and signed a 5 year $70 million extension. Why should he give up his body to catch that ball across the middle when he can run slow, tired routes and collect his check? We have most of the pieces that made us 13-3 last year. What the players don't have is an incentive to win on this team. They are not afraid of losing their jobs. They gave up today, and we all saw it.

Reaction score

It exposes the coaching staff. They have no plan B when plan A fails. They have no creativity. The lack of adjustments can only be explained by stubbornness or ineptness. The Garrett Process requires an All-Pro at every position, and an enormous amount of luck that none get injured for this team to have a shot at winning the SB. Hell, I could coach under those circumstances too.

Also, Romo validated what all the bad fans who need to cheer for other teams have been saying all along - Garrett is not an X's and O's guy. Romo broke kayfabe with that one.

Reaction score
Hell forget about Chips fiasco in Philly

Just look at the perpetual 7 and 9 bullshit that was Jeff Fisher with the Rams. They fire him, hire a rookie head coach, and are now in the hunt for the playoffs, have the highest scoring offense in the league, and have already doubled their win total from last season and the season is barely half over

Teams are lapping us during the post Johnson era. They suck --> get good and contend --> fall back to suck --> rebuild and contend again. All of this while we stay near the .500 mean with bottom 3 success in the playoffs. Shit, some teams are getting ready to lap us a second time.

Reaction score
Regardless of coaching, the players still have to play. The way I see it, there is no accountability. If pay was performance based, superstars like Dez Bryant might catch the damn ball. Dez has the highest base salary in the NFL at $13 million and signed a 5 year $70 million extension. Why should he give up his body to catch that ball across the middle when he can run slow, tired routes and collect his check? We have most of the pieces that made us 13-3 last year. What the players don't have is an incentive to win on this team. They are not afraid of losing their jobs. They gave up today, and we all saw it.

Yep, they sure did quit. No question about it. I think they mentally quit before the game with Zeke's suspension being the excuse the used in their own minds including Jerry.

I'm also sick to my stomach when I see posts at other forums about the team always playing hard for Garrett. I've seen them quit many games during his tenure. They just haven't had a collective quit as bad as Wade's final season yet. I think we may be on the verge of that now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, they sure did quit. No question about it. I think they mentally quit before the game with Zeke's suspension being the excuse the used in their own minds including Jerry.

I think you definitely say the Zeke stuff played on them yesterday, although I don't think its that they wanted to use it as an excuse, they know Goodell is railroading the team unjustly, and they probably are just like "WTF?"

You could also see it with the frustration over the officials. The holding calls thing is beyond absurd at this point. Yesterday the Falcons literally got away with murder, and the refs called almost nothing on them. Late/unnecessary hits on WR's? Yep. No fewer than 3 or 4 obvious face mask calls, Yep. Numerous plays with contact to the QB's head , Yep. Chop blocks against our DL on several occasions, Yep. They called that "tackling by the back of the football helmet opening" (or whatever it was) on Jeff Heath, yet later in the game a Falcon defender did the exact same thing to Morris and it was ignored.

I'm also sick to my stomach when I see posts at other forums about the team always playing hard for Garrett. I've seen them quit many games during his tenure. They just haven't had a collective quit as bad as Wade's final season yet. I think we may be on the verge of that now.

I suspect that 2010 Green Bay moment is definitely coming, I could see it next Sunday night vs Philly. Between the league office sponsored hit job on Zeke and the team, the bad officiating and the truly atrocious coaching, its coming.

Top Bottom