yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Shocker, Sean Lee expected to miss "several games"

thats a wrap on this season folks

No Lee, Bailey, Zeke prob no Tyron and Eagles coming off their bye....Oy, this next game is going to be a nightmare and I won't be tuning in for the torture, I just cant stomach what I'm almost certain is coming

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You mean the Eagles cruising 28-10 at half time and a bunch of dumb founded looks on the sideline and owners box?

the-dallas-cowboys-and-39-worst-losses-under-jason-garrett.jpg

jerry-jones-gives-nose-the-lobster-claw.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why we paid 2+ million (guaranteed) for a 30 yr old+ RB to be the 4th string RB all year?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The offensive system is definitely flawed, as is the coaching staff. But that doesn't mean we can't evaluate Dak. Me personally, I see red flags which you give a pass to because of Garrett and company. We also have to take into consideration that maybe the offense is limited because of things Dak doesn't do very well. The back shoulder throw has been completely taken out of the playbook. It was something that Dez did pretty well, especially at the goal line when he was single covered.

Dak's running ability has added a dimension to the offense but he lacks the accuracy to throw receivers open or go down field. His biggest plays downfield, like last weeks pass to TWill, were out of the pocket when the play broke down and the coverage was busted. This doesn't mean he can't improve. But I was surprised when he ran out of gas on two consecutive 10 yard runs near the end of the half which raised some concerns about his conditioning, at least to me.

He's got some real red flags that some folks just choose to ignore. If not for the turnover that led to a TD (on a Prescott run), the offense and Dak was pretty inept. Like I said, when your team is basically devastated when you lose a LT and RB, it's built wrong. The only player a team could ill afford to lose should be the "franchise" QB. Dak is a natural leader and he's good when all the pieces are in place. But no team is going to go through a whole season and not deal with injuries.

You’re not just losing a LT and a RB. Let’s not pretend that they’re missing some average run of the mill spare ass players. They’re missing two 1st team All Pro’s. I️ don’t care what team it is, you take the two best offensive players off of an offense (besides the QB) they are going to struggle. Even Rodgers struggled last year when he lost key pieces to his offense, and he’s better than Dak.

And for what it’s worth losing Tyron and Lee are a bigger problem than losing Tyron and Zeke. Lee is the bigger loss. Dak was in shotgun and still didn’t have time to throw. Then with Lee out the Falcons were able to control the clock. .

Now if you want to talk about the incompetence of not finding quality backups along the OL and for keeping Chaz around when you know he’s not adequate. Or talk about how/why they only have 1 elite LB and another one that’s just ok and absolutely NOTHING else then yea let’s talk. This loss was not on Dak though. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers would have had a difficult time with the garbage the Cowboys had out there at LT.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter. (aka, the qb who couldn't throw a spiral)

Throw a spiral? Hell he couldn’t even take the snap without fumbling. But Jerrah had to have “one of those black running QB’s”.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Still find Zone scouts defending his play. Not sure what the excuse for that would be. Looks like intentionally running himself out of a play. He is a run and chase weak side LB who can neither run or chase. So what does our top notch coaching staff do? Put him at MLB where he has to take on blockers, something he was never good at. Add that he is playing on one foot so you see comedy like this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah barring a miracle, I think we're toast for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see us lose these next 3 at home. (Eagles, Chargers, Deadskins)

Top Bottom