dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Other owners really don't care about the Zeke situation. .

They absolutely should though, as should the players (although it seems the NFLPA gets it, which is why they are pushing the envelope so hard)

if Goodell can do this to a Cowboy player as high of profile as Zeke is, then he can do it to any teams key players.

As much as other owners may hate Jones and the Cowboys, there's no way in fucking hell if they were forced to read through all the details of this that they would agree with what Goodell has done to Elliott.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They absolutely should though, as should the players (although it seems the NFLPA gets it, which is why they are pushing the envelope so hard)

if Goodell can do this to a Cowboy player as high of profile as Zeke is, then he can do it to any teams key players.

As much as other owners may hate Jones and the Cowboys, there's no way in fucking hell if they were forced to read through all the details of this that they would agree with what Goodell has done to Elliott.

Having Zeke out of the picture makes the other team's chances of going to playoffs and winning a whole lot better. It's about the money. The owners don't really care about Elliott.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
46363C9300000578-5071169-image-a-8_1510342328348.jpg

Misty water-colored mem'ries of the way we were

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Having Zeke out of the picture makes the other team's chances of going to playoffs and winning a whole lot better. It's about the money. The owners don't really care about Elliott.

I never said they cared about Elliott, I said they should care that Goodell is railroading a player without any real proof of the player doing anything wrong. Then they should absolutely care about the corrupt way in which Goodell and the league office tried to cover this up and IMO, bought off courts to help keep their awful decision in tact.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never said they cared about Elliott, I said they should care that Goodell is railroading a player without any real proof of the player doing anything wrong. Then they should absolutely care about the corrupt way in which Goodell and the league office tried to cover this up and IMO, bought off courts to help keep their awful decision in tact.

The only folks that care about Goodell's actions is the NFLPA, as they should. Jerry's on it because it affects the playoff hopes of his team. He should have taken a stand when they were fined for circumventing the cap in an uncapped year. The fact that Zeke is getting the shaft without any real evidence is a travesty, not because it's Zeke, but because a man's been labeled as something which he may not be. But I'll tell you....from all the different fans I've spoken to, no one (and I mean no one) cares about the Cowboys and Elliott.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The only folks that care about Goodell's actions is the NFLPA, as they should. Jerry's on it because it affects the playoff hopes of his team. He should have taken a stand when they were fined for circumventing the cap in an uncapped year. The fact that Zeke is getting the shaft without any real evidence is a travesty, not because it's Zeke, but because a man's been labeled as something which he may not be. But I'll tell you....from all the different fans I've spoken to, no one (and I mean no one) cares about the Cowboys and Elliott.

Like I said earlier, if people actually read all the details and saw how ridiculously corrupt this was on the league office's behalf, they WOULD care.

If they don't today, they will somewhere down the road when it's one of their own players who get the raw deal.

Owners should definitely care about this. Goodell is hurting the Cowboys and Jones today, but clearly the precedent is set that he can do something similar down the road to another team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Go Jerry....Go Jerry....Go Jerry

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, if people actually read all the details and saw how ridiculously corrupt this was on the league office's behalf, they WOULD care.

But that's my point David. They don't and won't care. This isn't about Elliott as much as it is about the Cowboys.

Owners should definitely care about this. Goodell is hurting the Cowboys and Jones today, but clearly the precedent is set that he can do something similar down the road to another team.

He's handed out suspensions as punishments for some time now. Even did Brady as well but I didn't hear some outcry from fans, the NFL or even you.

I guess what I'm saying is that Jerry has a good chance of losing this battle because he's making it about Elliott. The way Goodell has handled his business has been absurd, especially with the anthem protests. This is the kind of thing that clear and decisive leadership was needed and Goodell and the NFL stuck it's head in the sand.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's handed out suspensions as punishments for some time now. Even did Brady as well but I didn't hear some outcry from fans, the NFL or even you.

I've spoken out on suspensions for quite a few years now, especially the one's involving "PEDs". I don't like the fact they suspend players for using stuff any average joe can buy in a drug store or GNC.

And I've never really believed the Brady suspension was solely over "deflate-gate", but that said I never spent any real time researching all the details of what went down with him, because I wasn't a fan of their team.

I guess what I'm saying is that Jerry has a good chance of losing this battle because he's making it about Elliott. The way Goodell has handled his business has been absurd, especially with the anthem protests. This is the kind of thing that clear and decisive leadership was needed and Goodell and the NFL stuck it's head in the sand.

I'm sure most feel its only about Elliott, but Jones has been pretty public the last week or so pointing out he concerns over Goodell's pay and how it is rewarded, his being able to be judge/jury/executioner without any consent from the league's owners (his employer by the way) and all the garbage with falling ratings and how the anthem/flag protests were handled.

Maybe the Zeke stuff is the straw that finally broke the camel's back, but there's plenty of legit reasons to want Goodell gone.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've spoken out on suspensions for quite a few years now, especially the one's involving "PEDs". I don't like the fact they suspend players for using stuff any average joe can buy in a drug store or GNC.

That's not on Goodell. I'm sure that was bargained in the last CBA and that won't get changed unless it gets negotiated out of policy.

And I've never really believed the Brady suspension was solely over "deflate-gate", but that said I never spent any real time researching all the details of what went down with him, because I wasn't a fan of their team.

You're proving my point. It's why fans don't give two shits about Elliott or the Cowboys. They have their mind made up and don't care enough to research it.

I'm sure most feel its only about Elliott, but Jones has been pretty public the last week or so pointing out he concerns over Goodell's pay and how it is rewarded, his being able to be judge/jury/executioner without any consent from the league's owners (his employer by the way) and all the garbage with falling ratings and how the anthem/flag protests were handled.

Maybe the Zeke stuff is the straw that finally broke the camel's back, but there's plenty of legit reasons to want Goodell gone.

I completely agree. But Jerry's a fucking idiot (which we all know). None of this should come as a surprise. They gave Goodell that type of authority. And what do you do with the other committees? Do they open up the competition committee or the rules committee or whatever other committee they have to full ownership review? Maybe they do already, I don't know.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hope nobody thinks Jerry's threatened lawsuit has anything to do with principle. He didn't do this with Brady's suspension, and he'd secretly be cheering if this were happening to Carson Wentz.

This is 100% because Goodell did this to one of the best players on Jerry's team, someone who could affect his money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, it might also have something to do with Goodell's demands for 50 million per year and use of private jet for life.

These owners are beyond vegetative state retarded if they give this clown that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope nobody thinks Jerry's threatened lawsuit has anything to do with principle. He didn't do this with Brady's suspension, and he'd secretly be cheering if this were happening to Carson Wentz.

This is 100% because Goodell did this to one of the best players on Jerry's team, someone who could affect his money.

Like I said, might have been straw that broker camels back, but I do believe there are other reasons.

And even if it doesn't, there is nothing wrong with that being the SOLE cause for this. If Goodells doing it now, he's likely to do it again. You have to put a stop to this garbage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're proving my point. It's why fans don't give two shits about Elliott or the Cowboys. They have their mind made up and don't care enough to research it.

I had already said that before, it's why I said "if people had to read all the details"

And if they did, they wouldn't agree.

I completely agree. But Jerry's a fucking idiot (which we all know). None of this should come as a surprise. They gave Goodell that type of authority. And what do you do with the other committees? Do they open up the competition committee or the rules committee or whatever other committee they have to full ownership review? Maybe they do already, I don't know.

I don't know what all Jerry pitched as something full ownership should review, but my guess is it would be all committees.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Almost on cue, CBS writer LaConfora out there with a major hit piece on Jones today.

I'm sure Shefter and Mortensen wont be far behind with similar "sourced" up leaks.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But I'll tell you....from all the different fans I've spoken to, no one (and I mean no one) cares about the Cowboys and Elliott.

Doesn't surprise me at all, its hilarious to hear Cowboy fans act like the nation is outraged over the Zeke case, its probably just the opposite for any non-Cowboy fan

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Orrrrr is it maybe 50 percent that, and 50 percent the fact Goodell had personally told Jerry there would be no suspension?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Orrrrr is it maybe 50 percent that, and 50 percent the fact Goodell had personally told Jerry there would be no suspension?

That would definitely have something to do with it.

Everyone in the media assumed the source for who told Jones Zeke wouldn't be suspended was the leagues lead investigator, but she never said publicly what (if anything) she told Jones. Jones apparently said that Goodell told him this himself.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

And probably because they made Jones look like more of an idiot when he claimed Zeke wouldn't get suspended. Jerry can't control Goodell and his team is the flagship of the NFL. Oh well....

But I can see Jones do some business outside the NFL just to cause a shit storm. I think he realizes just how little leverage and influence he has in a league that he helped build into a billion dollar enterprise. That would kind of piss me off too. I guess Jerry is realizing that at least half the league doesn't like him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh boy. Imagine if Jones has some evidence of this in his possession.

Don't know who he is or what his sources are for this, but if true it's the biggest scandal in sports history.

Top Bottom