dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good luck to Jerry. Hate him as owner/GM here, but he is 100% right on this and the anthem mess.

Hope he finishes off Goodell.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now there's a report that says the root of why Jones is so furious with Goodell is because Goodell actually had told him Zeke wouldn't be suspended, prior to when it went down.

This stuff gets more fucked up everyday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder if that's before or after the tiddy grabbing and the bar fight thing.

Right before the league handed down the suspension, so after those other things.

And according to the league ruling then, no other incidents were factored in. It was just the DV.

I think the bar fight thing has now been pretty much proven as fake news anyway.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Right before the league handed down the suspension, so after those other things.

And according to the league ruling then, no other incidents were factored in. It was just the DV.

I think the bar fight thing has now been pretty much proven as fake news anyway.

Well I was thinking I could see Jerruh getting really pissed off if after ALLL incidents real or imagined were considered, Goodell told him Zeke was in the clear then suspended him anyway - AFTER Jerry had made public statements about what he was told.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hate Goodell as much as anyone but this is a terrible move as far as I'm concerned. Feels like Jerry has tried to convince other owners behind the scenes to vote his way and when it didn't work, he threw this nuclear tantrum. Suing the league isn't the worst thing but suing other owners? That sounds crazy to me. I don't even know what the basis of the suit would be.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hate Goodell as much as anyone but this is a terrible move as far as I'm concerned. Feels like Jerry has tried to convince other owners behind the scenes to vote his way and when it didn't work, he threw this nuclear tantrum. Suing the league isn't the worst thing but suing other owners? That sounds crazy to me. I don't even know what the basis of the suit would be.

Apparently he has quite a bit of support for the lawsuit, I read yesterday even the Rooneys are in support.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good luck to Jerry. Hate him as owner/GM here, but he is 100% right on this and the anthem mess.

Hope he finishes off Goodell.

Someone shouldn't be forced to stand for the anthem. If Goodell needs to be gotten rid of, it should be over this Zeke mess.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone shouldn't be forced to stand for the anthem. If Goodell needs to be gotten rid of, it should be over this Zeke mess.

Then "someone" shouldn't be making millions of dollars and reaping tremendous lifestyle rewards from the system that they want to protest either.

Fuck everyone who protests our flag and anthem. Better yet, they can all GET THE FUCK OUT.

=

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jones is an idiot, but I have to give him credit for today. He had his ducks in a row over this Goodell shit in his interview today. VERY valid concerns and points he raised over Goodell's new contract and his ability to make all decisions with no input from owners.

Jerry is saying this is a key issue for a lot of owners now. The pay, how his contract is structured and the amount of power he has to do whatever he wants, when technically he works for the owners. Jerry is saying he believes all these things are issues the majority of ALL owners should be approving, not just a small committee of 7. (In terms of his contract)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jerry is still an idiot if they just negotiated all of this bullshit 4 years ago.

you gave that fucking idiot commish absolute power.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
jerry is still an idiot if they just negotiated all of this bullshit 4 years ago.

And like I said when these same comments were made about the NFLPA, nobody could have foreseen this clod going this far off the deep end with this stuff. There was no precedent for it. No other commissioners have acted this way.

I have zero doubts the owners and players would have acted differently had they believed this was a possibility.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd almost be willing to bet Jones put some of these comments out there today because he has talked to other owners about this, and knows they have some of the same concerns.

Sounds like he already knows if its a 7 man committee making the decision, Goodell is good. But if the vote goes to the entire league, Goodell is in trouble.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Nah, as far as I am concerned this falls squarely at the feet of the NFLPA. All they cared about was the money at the time, to hell with the ancillary issues.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Other owners really don't care about the Zeke situation. They do care about the anthem issue because it brings bad publicity to the NFL. The way that Goodell and the NFL have handled this issue has been nothing short of atrocious.

And players should have to stand for the anthem. Regardless of their personal beliefs, it's what's best for their employer and organization that pays them millions.

Top Bottom