English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Romo will be calling his first Cowboys game on Sunday. His goofy commentary style isn't really my cup of tea, but what he says (or doesn't say) might be interesting this week for obvious reasons.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
andy reid vs. jason garrett

2010-2017

DAL is 3-4 and got blown out a couple times.

Total Pts Scored...DAL 137, PHI/KC 170

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
***garrett vs. andy reid by game***

2010 vs. eagles
14-13 W
27-30 L

7-34 L
7-20 L

28-23 W
38-33 W

2013 vs. chiefs
16-17 L

due for a W but i smell L

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo will be calling his first Cowboys game on Sunday. His goofy commentary style isn't really my cup of tea, but what he says (or doesn't say) might be interesting this week for obvious reasons.
Yeah he's just a goofass yuk-yuk just like he was when he played for us. But a lot of what he says also opens the door to how he really thinks about the game, last week he went on and on about how the game he was calling was "a field goal game, the kind of game I like" and that really didn't surprise me at all. In Dallas in the Garrett years I've come to believe more and more that getting a TD was considered a bonus but the actual goal was to just "come away with points." One of those things that sounds okay until you really start to think about it, think about how it becomes a mentality and soon you're only just, kicking field goals.

He says a lot of other idiotic things too that offer a window into what he considers good football. Like "having fun is most important, it's what it's all about" and such.

Yeah Romo, I could tell that's what it was all about for you.

That and his constant, "they'll get it next time." NO Romo, next times always fucking run out. And I'm glad yours did.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
btw in 2010, wade went 1-7 and got fired.

garrett as hc played the eagles weeks 14 and 17 and went 1-1.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah he's just a goofass yuk-yuk just like he was when he played for us. But a lot of what he says also opens the door to how he really thinks about the game, last week he went on and on about how the game he was calling was "a field goal game, the kind of game I like" and that really didn't surprise me at all. In Dallas in the Garrett years I've come to believe more and more that getting a TD was considered a bonus but the actual goal was to just "come away with points." One of those things that sounds okay until you really start to think about it, think about how it becomes a mentality and soon you're only just, kicking field goals.

He says a lot of other idiotic things too that offer a window into what he considers good football. Like "having fun is most important, it's what it's all about" and such.

That and his constant, "they'll get it next time." NO Romo, next times always fucking run out. And I'm glad yours did.

...,... - YouTube

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i haven't seen much of the chiefs this year either, but stats say they're explosive.

and i see a lot of shit about kareem hunt being this phenom. marcus peters doesn't tackle for shit but he doesn't have to. he's gonna lock down whoever they put him on. soooo....no zeke, and no #1 WR option. gonna be tough. how's beasley feeling again???

but they have terence mitchell too right? i have seen posts showing him blow coverages too. that could be cherry picking tho.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
i haven't seen much of the chiefs this year either, but stats say they're explosive.

and i see a lot of shit about kareem hunt being this phenom. marcus peters doesn't tackle for shit but he doesn't have to. he's gonna lock down whoever they put him on. soooo....no zeke, and no #1 WR option. gonna be tough. how's beasley feeling again???

but they have terence mitchell too right? i have seen posts showing him blow coverages too. that could be cherry picking tho.

Yep. I could see this being a 2 catches for 17 yards type game for Dez, with Dez getting all pissy again. The other receivers MUST take advantage of being up against Terrance Mitchell. I'd like to see Brice Butler more involved. He seems to have disappeared from the offense the last couple of games.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'll say this Dooms, I agree with a lot of what you're saying. When I listened to Romo calling a game for the first time, it kind of got old real quick. I also got a better understanding of his mindset when he was playing by listening to what he says when he's announcing. I don't know if that makes sense but I think the guy is a smart guy who knows that he's gone way farther in his career than he ever had any business to.

I think he needed more time under a coach like BP or a guy in the mold of Johnson or Bellichick. They would have coached that right out of him. I don't get "confident leader" when I hear him explain a play or announcing his insights into the game. I'm not trying to be unfair and I appreciate what the guy brought to the table, especially as an UFA. I think the guy had a great deal of untapped potential and could have gotten us a ring under the right coaching. He had the football skills.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll say this Dooms, I agree with a lot of what you're saying. When I listened to Romo calling a game for the first time, it kind of got old real quick. I also got a better understanding of his mindset when he was playing by listening to what he says when he's announcing. I don't know if that makes sense but I think the guy is a smart guy who knows that he's gone way farther in his career than he ever had any business to.

I think he needed more time under a coach like BP or a guy in the mold of Johnson or Bellichick. They would have coached that right out of him. I don't get "confident leader" when I hear him explain a play or announcing his insights into the game. I'm not trying to be unfair and I appreciate what the guy brought to the table, especially as an UFA. I think the guy had a great deal of untapped potential and could have gotten us a ring under the right coaching. He had the football skills.

Oh I agree, he had the physical tools for sure. But he could never shed that small school boy made good thing. His problems were all between the ears.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Seriously you haven’t seen many of their games? Kareem Hunt is legit (this year anyways). Their secondary is suspect but up from they’re really good. Alex Smith is deservedly in the MVP race. He kind of reminds me of Rich Gannon when he was with the Raiders.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Oh and I guess I’m the only one that actually likes Romo around here. Never liked his attitude as a starting QB however as a commentator he’s been really good and it’s because of his personality. Is he still a “goofass yuk yuk guy”? Sure he is but it works on tv. He honestly reminds me a little of Madden. I’d much rather listen to Romo than about 99% of the other guys out there (including Moose).

Reaction score
In Dallas in the Garrett years I've come to believe more and more that getting a TD was considered a bonus but the actual goal was to just "come away with points." One of those things that sounds okay until you really start to think about it, think about how it becomes a mentality and soon you're only just, kicking field goals.

Yep. It is a classic loser mentality. The chain of self defeat continues after you start expecting to settle for FGs. You start expecting to lose because the FGs don't win against opponents that expect to score TDs like NE. After this point it becomes so ingrained in the subconscious that you start fumbling chip shot FG snaps in playoff games, throwing picks in the last minute of a game deep in your own territory after playing lights out previous to that, and tossing rapid succession pick sixes in the second half of games where you have 99% win probability. At this point you start making morale killing statements like "If the worst thing that happens to me is losing a playoff game I will have lived a good life."

So glad the choke artist is gone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh and I guess I’m the only one that actually likes Romo around here. Never liked his attitude as a starting QB however as a commentator he’s been really good and it’s because of his personality. Is he still a “goofass yuk yuk guy”? Sure he is but it works on tv. He honestly reminds me a little of Madden. I’d much rather listen to Romo than about 99% of the other guys out there (including Moose).

Moose and Madden come to us from the context of Championship football. Romo impresses you with yuk-yuk. Why don't you just listen to what he fucking says in the context of his failure of a career and put two and two together.

He could have been this same yuk-yuk commentator in fucking 2007.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep. It is a classic loser mentality. The chain of self defeat continues after you start expecting to settle for FGs. You start expecting to lose because the FGs don't win against opponents that expect to score TDs like NE. After this point it becomes so ingrained in the subconscious that you start fumbling chip shot FG snaps in playoff games, throwing picks in the last minute of a game deep in your own territory after playing lights out previous to that, and tossing rapid succession pick sixes in the second half of games where you have 99% win probability. At this point you start making morale killing statements like "If the worst thing that happens to me is losing a playoff game I will have lived a good life."

So glad the choke artist is gone.
For Romo there was always a "next time" and that was his mentality. That made everything okay, because we'll get 'em next time. That's how he played. We'll get 'em, you just wait and see. Yeah we waited 9 fucking years and still never got 'em.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i was trying to look up some more shit on the chiefs today but all i only got as far as watching dante hall highlights.

Top Bottom