dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You don't understand what is being built here

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Free agents are yuckie.

Don't worry though. We literally just signed a guy off a Canadian Football League's practice squad, as in a guy not good enough to make a CFL team.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Moose and Madden come to us from the context of Championship football. Romo impresses you with yuk-yuk. Why don't you just listen to what he fucking says in the context of his failure of a career and put two and two together.

He could have been this same yuk-yuk commentator in fucking 2007.

Yea but Moose is boring as shit. Personally I don’t give a shit if the commentator won a championship, just don’t be boring. Whenever you watch a movie will you only watch it if the actor won an Oscar? All I ask is that you be entertaining, which Romo is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Again, more entertaining than boring ass, monotone guys like Moose.

Interesting you equate a sissy Oscar award to a Super Bowl ring. Romo probably does too.

Moose is boring and monotone? Never heard that one, I've always found his commentary humorous when the situation calls for it, but otherwise insisive. He doesn't just babble on like a idiot fanboy the way Romo does.

WWE is entertainment. NFL football is real sport. If you want idiotic yuk-yuk commentary Romo's your huckleberry.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let your Romo hate go Doomsday.

He's gone.

You're safe now.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I love Romo as a commentator, and I'm one who didn't think he'd be good. But he shows a thousand times more personality now than he ever did during his player interviews.

But the detail he goes into is awesome. I don't see how people couldn't enjoy that. I noticed even Troy has copied a couple of things from Romo, like using the telestrator before the snap to show what plays might be run, favorable matchups for the offense, etc.

One thing I've learned is that all those clock management fiascos? Those were definitely on Garrett. Romo is always way on top of those situations -- not even in real time but several plays ahead.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Let your Romo hate go Doomsday.

He's gone.

You're safe now.

And you'll continue to boo-hoo it. Don't cry dry your eye. Get a tissue for your issue.

One thing is for sure - the 70 millionaire is still making yet more millions, but this time doing what he does best. Flap his yap and yuk-yuk it up.

He's done very well for himself.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I love Romo as a commentator, and I'm one who didn't think he'd be good. But he shows a thousand times more personality now than he ever did during his player interviews.

But the detail he goes into is awesome. I don't see how people couldn't enjoy that. I noticed even Troy has copied a couple of things from Romo, like using the telestrator before the snap to show what plays might be run, favorable matchups for the offense, etc.

One thing I've learned is that all those clock management fiascos? Those were definitely on Garrett. Romo is always way on top of those situations -- not even in real time but several plays ahead.

Sunday will be one of the very rare times I'll be listening to the network TV commentary during a Cowboys game instead of the radio crew. In fact I actually do enjoy Romo's act, and look forward to see if he'll at all criticize Ginger, who he said was a "great coach." And I'll also bet he has just enough integrity not to homer out during the game.

Aikman has always used the strator pre-snap by the way. He's not copying anything from anyone. You're only just now noticing Aikman, apparently.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Deshaun Watson suffered a torn ACL today in practice

So the Texans are back to their yearly QB round table hell
335f72658b2f5df254610075a620f8c5.jpg

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Damn, sucks for that guy, he's been really impressive. Speedy recover Deshaun

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

That team must be cursed. It’s like nothing works out for them. Just when you think they’re getting their shit together they suffer a setback.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Interesting. Because I don't think he goes into enough detail. No one will compare to Madden in the way he broke down a play but also brought the personality to boot that even a layman could waych the game, understand it a bit better and enjoy it.

I get more of an excitable fan type vibe from Romo than I do analyst. And he probably played the same way. Troy is a more cold, calculated analyst and always seems to have studied his craft. Again, the exact personality traits that he brought to his playing days.

Folks might kill me for this but I actually like Collinsworth. The guy sees things and points out details that I often miss and he often does it immediately after the play. I just get the impression that guy knows how to analyze a play and point out those little details that made the play work, albeit mainly on the offensive side of the ball.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've always liked Collinsworth. For some reason the last year or two he's caught Gruden's "Everyone is the greatest" disease, though.

And no doubt Troy is the ultimate "no bullshit" kind of guy. I hear his Ticket interviews every week and those guys who have known him for years (decades?) still seem a little intimidated by him. He doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Top Bottom