yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
here's the post for everyone else to easily see in thread:

I won't mention names, but I just drank a beer with a top executive in the Cowboys front office. He said Goodell fucked with the wrong dude, and Jerry is on a war path. Jerry told Goodell, "you might want to get that resignation ready." Here's the thing: that 5 year extension that Goodell supposedly received hasn't been signed yet.

Hey, Fuzzy Lumpkins. When I'm right, which I have always been, I expect your ****** ass to apologize to me. Fucking little bitch.

Gotta love ya Rynie, wish you posted more here.

I'd love it if you could ever sit down with your source and see if he would tell you any crazy shit jeri does behind the scenes or perhaps my perception is wrong and he informs us that jeri isn't as bad as I/we think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Charean Williams predicted the end of Goodell the day the Zeke news came out.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well he just got extended. You know Jerry... had you a consistently-winning team, the league might have taken you seriously. But instead you're just a drunken loud-mouthed senile fuck, who hitched this team to a loser.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well he just got extended. You know Jerry... had you a consistently-winning team, the league might have taken you seriously. But instead you're just a drunken loud-mouthed senile fuck, who hitched this team to a loser.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a pussy compared to what I'm going to do."

LOL more bullshit from jeri

Reaction score
The NFL owners must have a personal bet going to see how many fans they can chase away. It's not exactly esoteric knowledge that the majority of fans despise Goodell, and there have been noticeable losses in attendance and ratings. It does not make any sense at all. This is doubling down on stupid.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The NFL owners must have a personal bet going to see how many fans they can chase away. It's not exactly esoteric knowledge that the majority of fans despise Goodell, and there have been noticeable losses in attendance and ratings. It does not make any sense at all. This is doubling down on stupid.

Its like Jerry was the only owner with any sense on this and tried to save the other owners from themselves. Goodell getting an extension is like Obama getting a 2nd term.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you read through the interwebs, there are players from all over the league already complaining about Goodell's new deal and cant believe how much money he got.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a pussy compared to what I'm going to do."

LOL more bullshit from jeri

What do you want him to do? Goodell ransacked the Cowboys season with this corrupt Zeke ruling and obviously rigged officiating against Jones' team.

I hate Jones as much as anyone, but he was 100% right on Goodell and some of Goodell's cronies

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Arthur Blank: Jones opposition to Goodell deal “disappointing”
Posted by Darin Gantt on December 7, 2017, 6:39 AM EST

The NFL’s compensation committee finalized commissioner Roger Goodell’s contract yesterday, and they hope they turned the page on the ugly chapter of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ opposition to it.

So while they still anticipate hearing proposals from Jones at next week’s owners meeting, they’re hoping they can move forward now — after Jones made threats including suing the league.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank told Peter King of TheMMQB.com that it was “disappointing” that Jones chose to air all the dirty laundry.
“What many owners said in the past few days was they wanted to get on with the business of the league, and there are a lot of issues very important right now that must be addressed,” Blank said. “Now we’ll get to focus on the real issues. The important thing is, the owners have confidence in Roger, and they wanted him to continue. There was no doubt about that.”

Apparently there was some, even though Jones was part of the unanimous vote to authorize the committee chaired by Blank to do the deal.
Issues such as television ratings, attendance, and players not standing for the anthem are on that list of things Blank wants to work on moving forward.

Blank said he spoke to Jones twice in the last few days, saying Jones “understands the contract and how we got here.”
“One thing that’s come out of this that’s very good, I believe, is the fact that owners are going to have a much more open line of communication with Roger now,” Blank said. “At every owners’ meeting now, we’re going to have an owners-only session, and then an owners session with Roger, with everyone else out of the room. The owners asked for that contact, and it’s a reasonable thing to ask. We’re going to do it.”

When they go into that room, it’s practically guaranteed that one of the first and loudest voices will belong to Jones.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is part of another article up on ESPN:

"
Fans, owners, players are all disappointed in Roger Goodell. We've just got to do better," Mitchell said. "We can't have a guy where you just hand out discipline how you see fit. There needs to be a set guideline on how we do what we do. There's no way I see two people get post-play infractions that don't have to do with football and you get the same suspension as the guy who's making a football play in a football game. It's absolutely absurd. But like I said, it's Steelers vs the world."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
#Goodellwinning

"Just hand us all some flags. Hand us all some flags, and we'll go out there and try to grab the flags off. Because we're not playing football," said Mitchell on Wednesday from his locker. "This is not damn football. When I was 6 years old watching Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Sean Taylor, the hitters, Jack Tatum. That's football. This ain't football. You have to know the risk when you sign up. No one wants to be paralyzed. No one wants to have head injuries. These are all things that are negative. But let's not try to turn football into a dangerous, barbaric game.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is some of the rant from mitchell

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What do you want him to do? Goodell ransacked the Cowboys season with this corrupt Zeke ruling and obviously rigged officiating against Jones' team.

I hate Jones as much as anyone, but he was 100% right on Goodell and some of Goodell's cronies

I want him to pack his bags and get the fuck out of Dallas but that wasn't the point of my post and as usual you missed it

The point is that jeri once again ran his mouth and was unable to do anything to stop the Zeke suspension or the Goodall extension, regardless of all his blustering to the contrary

cliffs: jeri's full of shit per usual

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I want him to pack his bags and get the fuck out of Dallas but that wasn't the point of my post and as usual you missed it

The point is that jeri once again ran his mouth and was unable to do anything to stop the Zeke suspension or the Goodall extension, regardless of all his blustering to the contrary

cliffs: jeri's full of shit per usual

I think he did all he could do though, and he got bent over.

Top Bottom