dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good for him if he is. I hope he makes that his mission in life (other than the pipe dream of him waking up and seeing he has no chance to help the team win a super bowl, and turns over all control to someone else along with firing Garrett)

There is absolutely no fucking way Goodell should keep his job.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
A group of owners, including Jerry Jones, is trying to hijack Roger Goodell’s proposed extension, per @mortreport and me. More today on ESPN

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The vendetta against Zeke and fucking up the anthem situation are probably the primary motivators.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The vendetta against Zeke and fucking up the anthem situation are probably the primary motivators.

He's mishandled/mismanaged everything you could think of.

I bet if they took a room full of 100 random football fans and questioned them on what their opinion of Goodell and the job he was doing, that the VAST MAJORITY would say he is doing an awful job.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With both the National Anthem debacle and the Zeke bullshit I don’t see how he gets a contract extension at this point

Plus that will send a strong msg to whoever replaces him not to fuck around and do do the job they were hired to do

Reaction score
He's mishandled/mismanaged everything you could think of.

I bet if they took a room full of 100 random football fans and questioned them on what their opinion of Goodell and the job he was doing, that the VAST MAJORITY would say he is doing an awful job.

Every year at draft day he gets soundly booed by every teams' fans. Every one of them. Every year.

I liked Rozelle.

I did not like Tagliabue because he obviously hated the Cowboys (just review the look on his face handing over Lombardi number five to Jerry). He let SF very clearly cheat the cap (later proven) to sign an all-star team with no investigation. A year later he investigated the Cowboys for signing Deion despite the fact that we had lost several free agents by then. But the league overall did not suffer.

Goodell has been a disaster.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The other owners don't give a shit about Zeke. On the contrary, they're giddy that he fucked the Cowboys. All they care about is Goodell making them loads of money ... which used to be his specialty until he cucked on the anthem controversy, which has led to lower TV ratings. Pissed off fans will also result in lower season ticket sales next off-season. Book it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Never over look the greed factor of these owners. Get rid of Goodell at 44 mil and bring in somebody at 12 mil and each owner pockets an extra mil, simple greedy math.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How is it a "hijack" if it's the owners who employ him? It's not a "hijack" it's a fucking result.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How is it a "hijack" if it's the owners who employ him? It's not a "hijack" it's a fucking result.

I don't get the hijack comment either, what does "hijacking" Goodell's extension even mean?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't get the hijack comment either, what does "hijacking" Goodell's extension even mean?

Because its the spin Goodell and his croanies want put out there. It cant be that he has royally fucked shit up left and right for years, it HAS to be that the evil Jerry Jones is just out to get him as payback for Zeke Elliott.

Shefter and Mortensen are nothing but buttboys for Goodell, always have been.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The Zeke situation is what will cost Goodell his job. Throw in his mishandling of the anthem protests and the other owners will see the need to follow Jerry.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I told y'all this over a month ago. Rynie is right once again. Fuck you, fuzzy blumpkins

Top Bottom