dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It wouldn't have looked exactly the same and we probably wouldn't have won three SBs, but we still could have become an excellent team and won a title or two. We know we'd have drafted Aikman no matter who the owner was, and having a HOF QB in place is the biggest piece of the puzzle.

Plus... That's so long ago. Yes, the 1992 NFCC win over the Niners is my favorite game ever. But the 1995 season title doesn't do a lot for me right now.

Still think its highly doubtful. Jimmy was a wiz as a personnel man and raped teams over and over in trades, plus cashed in big time on the picks.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nobody would argue that Jimmy wasn't amazing. We all know how great he was building and coaching that team.

But in this hypothetical, how long do those days compensate for Jerry's Reign of Error and not winning anything today? Ten more years? Twenty?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nobody would argue that Jimmy wasn't amazing. We all know how great he was building and coaching that team.

But in this hypothetical, how long do those days compensate for Jerry's Reign of Error and not winning anything today? Ten more years? Twenty?

Copyright that.

8c7d02cc7c9dfbc63f102b882d303409ef1f1a251576c426526a588319127bd8.jpg

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Plus... That's so long ago. Yes, the 1992 NFCC win over the Niners is my favorite game ever. But the 1995 season title doesn't do a lot for me right now.

That was an all time great game. When Troy hit Harper on that pass that sealed the deal it was a feeling second to none. Like the dagger to the heart of the Niners.

Super Bowl XXX win was more relief than anything. Like we were owed for not getting it the year before.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Teams like the 91-95 Cowboys come around about once every 10-20 years or so, so the odds that we'd have duplicated that type of success are damn slim. Jimmy was sensational, as bad as Jones is an owner/GM he got it right once and Jimmy built a dominant team that almost assuredly wouldn't have been done by anyone else.

Yep. That run was so great it would be hard to duplicate. Wouldnt trade that for anything.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That was an all time great game. When Troy hit Harper on that pass that sealed the deal it was a feeling second to none. Like the dagger to the heart of the Niners.

Super Bowl XXX win was more relief than anything. Like we were owed for not getting it the year before.

My exact feelings, that win in 92' over the Niners was so cathartic after years of having "the catch" rammed down our throats and Harpers catch and run was EXHILARATING (and still is)!

Just look at it:

Nirvana - YouTube

I still get chills and laugh with joy

Super Bowl XXX was a relief and the players said as much. I sold a bunch of stuff and told my buddy we have to go to Super Bowl XXX because it will be the last super bowl we'll see as long as jeri is in charge. His good friends mom worked for the Cowboys and got us tickets 20 rows up at about the 15 yard line PLUS we went to and from the game in the Cowboys staff chartered bus and then went to the Cowboy after party with all the players, cheerleaders and the jackass himself: jeri. The players made quick appearances and left to attend to their own private parties which I unfortunately didn't get to attend.

My buddy and I chatted up Kelvin Martin who was really nice and humble. We hugged him and said you saved the season man!!! He was shocked and said "nah, man" but we reminded him of his huge diving catch against the Giants on 3rd and 10 and how that win (which was in serious doubt) sealed the playoff birth, won the division and ultimately lead to them getting the first round bye and home field throughout when the 49ers lost the next week. (and I don't think that team wins the Super Bowl again without the bye and home field throughout, that team was TIRED!!).

He got a big grin on his face and looked up at the ceiling like he was thinking "now that you mention it, you're right". lolol

I think I slept about 6 hours over 3 days. It was glorious!

Sad to see my belief about jeri is stilling holding true, I can't believe its been 22 years

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
My exact feelings, that win in 92' over the Niners was so cathartic after years of having "the catch" rammed down our throats and Harpers catch and run was EXHILARATING (and still is)!

Just look at it:

Nirvana - YouTube

I still get chills and laugh with joy

Super Bowl XXX was a relief and the players said as much. I sold a bunch of stuff and told my buddy we have to go to Super Bowl XXX because it will be the last super bowl we'll see as long as jeri is in charge. His good friends mom worked for the Cowboys and got us tickets 20 rows up at about the 15 yard line PLUS we went to and from the game in the Cowboys staff chartered bus and then went to the Cowboy after party with all the players, cheerleaders and the jackass himself: jeri. The players made quick appearances and left to attend to their own private parties which I unfortunately didn't get to attend.

My buddy and I chatted up Kelvin Martin who was really nice and humble. We hugged him and said you saved the season man!!! He was shocked and said "nah, man" but we reminded him of his huge diving catch against the Giants on 3rd and 10 and how that win (which was in serious doubt) sealed the playoff birth, won the division and ultimately lead to them getting the first round bye and home field throughout when the 49ers lost the next week. (and I don't think that team wins the Super Bowl again without the bye and home field throughout, that team was TIRED!!).

He got a big grin on his face and looked up at the ceiling like he was thinking "now that you mention it, you're right". lolol

I think I slept about 6 hours over 3 days. It was glorious!

Sad to see my belief about jeri is stilling holding true, I can't believe its been 22 years

I could watch that game a 100 times and never get tired of it. It was extra special after that long drought we had since the 70's.

Super Bowl XXX was a good time. I was sitting in the club level, Deion caught that ball in the first half right in front of us. The best part though was seeing the absolute pain and misery in the faces of all the Steelers fans after the game. What a sorry bunch of low life scum. Ive never been so happy to see others so miserable. We still owe them another one.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I could watch that game a 100 times and never get tired of it. It was extra special after that long drought we had since the 70's.

Super Bowl XXX was a good time. I was sitting in the club level, Deion caught that ball in the first half right in front of us. The best part though was seeing the absolute pain and misery in the faces of all the Steelers fans after the game. What a sorry bunch of low life scum. Ive never been so happy to see others so miserable. We still owe them another one.

That fucking game got nerve wracking as hell at the end. Pitts fans DOMINATED the damn stadium & all I could see were terrible towels everywhere. Once they pulled off the onside kick, the game was theirs to lose as they had all the momentum BUT then O'Donnell sent those two gifts from football heaven

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
That fucking game got nerve wracking as hell at the end. Pitts fans DOMINATED the damn stadium & all I could see were terrible towels everywhere. Once they pulled off the onside kick, the game was theirs to lose as they had all the momentum BUT then O'Donnell sent those two gifts from football heaven

Those 2 gifts got Larry Brown a big contract in Oakland. And yea you could just feel the momentum shift. Wasnt a good feeling. But those 2 INT's were great!

I dont ever remember being at any sporting event where there were as many low life people as all those Pitt fans. What a trashy bunch. Zero class. Pond scum.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My buddy and I chatted up *Kelvin Martin* who was really nice and humble. We hugged him and said you saved the season man!!! He was shocked and said "nah, man" but we reminded him of his huge diving catch against the Giants on 3rd and 10

*Kevin Williams*

Don't worry buddy, I'm here to cover for ya!

Reaction score

I still have my shitty copy of that 49ers game at the soggy stick. I recorded it as I watched it with my trusty VHS VCR back then. Kept the tape all the way to the early 2000s when I transferred it to DVD. These days I keep it on an external hard drive. I still have many of those games from that era that I recorded myself though better copies are on the internet now.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
*Kevin Williams*

Don't worry buddy, I'm here to cover for ya!

:clap

Damn it! you're kicking my ass

:whip

(thank you very much by the way)

I was thinking it didn't sound right when I wrote it but was too lazy to look it up.

:tiphat

Top Bottom