Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No team is "prepared" to lose the only kicker on their teams during a game.

Unless your a fan of having two roster spots used for a kicker, like a certain GM of this team did years ago.

You misunderstand my beef. It's not that Heath is the reserve kicker, that's fine. It's that we weren't prepared for the injury to the extent we could get him out there for the first extra point and the two point try was hurried and poorly conceived. It wound up not mattering if course. But might have mattered against a better opponent.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You misunderstand my beef. It's not that Heath is the reserve kicker, that's fine. It's that we weren't prepared for the injury to the extent we could get him out there for the first extra point and the two point try was hurried and poorly conceived. It wound up not mattering if course. But might have mattered against a better opponent.

Typical for the process. Garrett hasnt had enough time to get that type of thing in place.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Typical for the process. Garrett hasnt had enough time to get that type of thing in place.
If the plan is to go for two when the kicker goes down, that's fine. But let's have some two point plays that WORK and aren't chaotic.

Our plan was to have Heath kick the PATs in a emergency. But we couldn't get him out there for the PAT when needed. We had to wait until the next time we scored. That's my issue. We should have been drilled properly for who would replace Heath on that kick since now he is the kicker and not one of the wing men.

To be fair, nobody plans for the kicker to hurt himself warming up. It's really not a big deal but could have been, in a tight game.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If the plan is to go for two when the kicker goes down, that's fine. But let's have some two point plays that WORK and aren't chaotic.

Our plan was to have Heath kick the PATs in a emergency. But we couldn't get him out there for the PAT when needed. We had to wait until the next time we scored. That's my issue. We should have been drilled properly for who would replace Heath on that kick since now he is the kicker and not one of the wing men.

To be fair, nobody plans for the kicker to hurt himself warming up. It's really not a big deal but could have been, in a tight game.

All true

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Once upon a time Bill Belichick had Wes Welker as an emergency kicker dude.

There's plenty of other legit shit to bitch and moan about from this game, using Jeff Heath as the emergency kicker is not one of them, or even close to being something worth wasting time on.

Bad tackling, more poor game management in a couple of instances and a pass defense which still struggles to make plays on the ball are far more concerning to me.

We are getting close to an INT

We had two INT’s that they actually caught get overturned, one because of a penalty and the other because he didn’t get his second foot down

Baby steps!

Last edited:
Reaction score
We are getting close to an INT

We had two INT’s that they actually caught for once because of a penalty and the other because he didn’t get his second foot down

Baby steps!

Good point. They are actually intercepting the passes now, just getting them taken away on technicalities and infractions. That is at least a step up from dropping easy one's that land right in your hands and try to snuggle with you.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just didn't understand why the hell Zeke and even Dak were in the game so long. Especially Zeke. We were up 3+ touchdowns and they were riding him like Emmitt in an elimination game. Makes zero sense to me. Washington is going to be very tough so why wear him down any more than necessary?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just didn't understand why the hell Zeke and even Dak were in the game so long. Especially Zeke. We were up 3+ touchdowns and they were riding him like Emmitt in an elimination game. Makes zero sense to me. Washington is going to be very tough so why wear him down any more than necessary?

Because they have read the tea leaves and know he will be suspended this season. So we might as well get as much as we can out of him while we still can.

That’s why McMuffin is on the shelf staying healthy and ready to come in once he’s suspended for the six games

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bailey expected to miss a few weeks.

Field Yates ✔ @FieldYates
Source: with Dan Bailey banged up, the Cowboys are expected to work out Mike Nugent, Jason Myers, Sam Irwin Hill and Younghoe Koo.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, Bailey is amazing.

I think we've all forgotten what it was like to *not* expect every kick to go dead down the middle.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So Josh Norman is out for tonight’s game

That doesn’t bode well for a Washington win to keep the division close and to keep the Eagles from running away with it

Reaction score
This just in: Heath to take on all special teams roles, take over coaching and general management, but still suck at Safety.

Top Bottom