yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
On top of the jeri clan, etc, the Cowboys have to overcome the damn Americas Team moniker where seemingly every team gets up to play them no matter how good or bad the team may be. In the age of parity, I could do without all the notoriety, its hard enough to win in this league

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I took a tour of the Cowboys practice facility the Star today. Pretty badass! Tons of history showcased around the place. In the locker room all the players helmets were on display and it was pretty amazing how beat up Sean Lee’s was. And Dak had a container of Copenhagen next to his helmet. The weight room is unreal.

Sounds like you had a great time.

"Tons of history" is all we have. And a shiny new stadium and practice facility with a fraud HC that will never have any history showcased at the Star or anywhere else.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time.

"Tons of history" is all we have. And a shiny new stadium and practice facility with a fraud HC that will never have any history showcased at the Star or anywhere else.

No kidding, the funny thing is though that they had all of Red’s “motivational” quotes in the well.

The tour guide did tell a very interesting story about how the Murchison got the Redskins owner to vote yes for Dallas to be awarded an NFL franchise. Murchison would have been 1 vote short if he didn’t get the vote.

The Skins had just fired their band director who came up with their fight song. Murchison hired the guy and purchased the rights to the song from the guy. He then called the Skins owner and told him if they ever wanted to use their fight song again he better vote yes. He voted yes and Murchison sold the rights to the song back to them for $1. Also tickets to the games during their 1st season raged from $.50 to $2.00 for VIP seats.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So an 0-5 NYG team goes into Denver with no WRs and no O Line and is embarrassing them? How bout them Cowboys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No kidding, the funny thing is though that they had all of Red’s “motivational” quotes in the well.

The tour guide did tell a very interesting story about how the Murchison got the Redskins owner to vote yes for Dallas to be awarded an NFL franchise. Murchison would have been 1 vote short if he didn’t get the vote.

The Skins had just fired their band director who came up with their fight song. Murchison hired the guy and purchased the rights to the song from the guy. He then called the Skins owner and told him if they ever wanted to use their fight song again he better vote yes. He voted yes and Murchison sold the rights to the song back to them for $1. Also tickets to the games during their 1st season raged from $.50 to $2.00 for VIP seats.

That was Tex, not Clint. Clint had hired Tex well before the franchise was awarded. And the story is wrong on another detail - to this day the Redskins are not allowed to play the song vs. Dallas at home.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That was Tex, not Clint. Clint had hired Tex well before the franchise was awarded. And the story is wrong on another detail - to this day the Redskins are not allowed to play the song vs. Dallas at home.

It probably was Tex. Me and my cousins were half listening and laughing at all the Garrett quotes in the wall.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It probably was Tex. Me and my cousins were half listening and laughing at all the Garrett quotes in the wall.

Yeah Tex always said it was the best $2500 he ever spent including the two horse trailer he bought Walt Garrison as the signing bonus Garrison wanted.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah Tex always said it was the best $2500 he ever spent including the two horse trailer he bought Walt Garrison as the signing bonus Garrison wanted.

They brought up the horse trailers too. They said that Garrison’s son or grandson (again we were half way listening) recently went on the tour and said that they still have the trailers and use them regularly.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Third Broncos receiver of the game just went down, 2nd riding to the locker room. They don't have a lot of depth at the position even when they're all healthy...

Mr.Po

Reaction score
So an 0-5 NYG team goes into Denver with no WRs and no O Line and is embarrassing them? How bout them Cowboys.

Exactly what I was thinking.

And Trevor Siemien looks pedestrian at best.

Can't wait till we play Shannahan Fran next week and their rookie QB and make them look like The 80's Niners.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They brought up the horse trailers too. They said that Garrison’s son or grandson (again we were half way listening) recently went on the tour and said that they still have the trailers and use them regularly.
Tex said he didn't know what a "two horse trailer" even was, but found out quickly and got one for Walt.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Navarro Bowman signed with the Raiders. He didn’t even wait until after his visit this week with the Cowboys to choose who to sign with

I gotta say I don’t blame him

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Navarro Bowman signed with the Raiders. He didn’t even wait until after his visit this week with the Cowboys to choose who to sign with

I gotta say I don’t blame him

Who would willingly want to play for the Red Clown?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo. He said Ginger was a great coach.

Staubach said Romo was a better QB than him (you know, other than the whole never making it to an NFC Championship game thing). Point being people lie all the time because they think "harmless lies help out" (they dont). Wonder how long Staubach laughed after he said that.

Top Bottom