Cowboys release Nolan Carroll - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboys release Nolan Carroll

1. Back To Top    #16
    Unofficial Dallas Desperados Historian Bob Sacamano's Avatar
    Dude started 5 games for the Chiefs in 2016 and had 22 tackles, one for loss and 2 passes defended. Plays inside which is curious since only weighs 220 lbs.

Oh and has quite the injury history in his short, 2 year career. So he's perfect for us lol
    1st -- Zeke Elliot, RB, OSU
    2nd -- Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech

2. Appreciation JBond appreciated this post
  3. Back To Top    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    absolutely no production and a $2M cap hit next year. well done, Jerry!
    Exactly how I knew it would go when they signed this scrub. And once again, if Jerry likes to flush money down the toilet, at least let me have some of it. I guarantee it will go to more productive uses than dead cap money just about everyone besides Mickey Spagnola saw coming.

4. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  5. Back To Top    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    How is it that everybody here knew the guy couldnt cover a man hole cover but the FO didnt? Eagles FO probably still gets a good yuck about this daily.
    This is why Appeal to Authority is a logical fallacy (the favorite of midwits and homers). Rank and title (especially self given) do not render the authority free from flaws. I think Jerry has amply demonstrated that he still knows virtually nothing about how to be a good NFL GM. Our defense wouldn't have sucked ass for over a decade if he were.

6. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  7. Back To Top    #19
    Good riddance.

Now if we could only cut Garrett and Marinelli

8. Props NoMoRedJ gave props for this post
  9. Back To Top    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    Good riddance.

Now if we could only cut Garrett and Marinelli
    Bring Carroll back if we can get rid of Red and Rod. A 2 for 1 trade off.

10. Back To Top    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    i was casting a pretty broad brush, and you're 100% right, there's tons of draft picks and a lot of money invested in that defense.

very different from our defense-on-a-budget.
    All of our draft picks and money went on the offense. Thatís what sells tickets and brings in the money.

11. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  12. Back To Top    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    All of our draft picks and money went on the offense. That’s what sells tickets and brings in the money.
    No it didn't. Not even close MrB.

Charlton, Awuzie and Lewis were our first 3 picks this year. The Gimp. Collins and Tapper were our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks in 2016. Byron Jones and Randy Gregory were our top 2 picks in 2015 and took Damien Wilson in the 4th. We moved up in 2014 for Demarcus Lawrence and took Hitchens in the 4th. JJ Wilcox in the 3rd in 2013. Claiborne, Crawford, Wilber and Matt Johnson were our top 4 picks in 2012.

These are premium draft picks. With the exception of Lawrence and maybe Lewis this year, who one that list is worth a bag of chips? Collins has flashed but is inconsistent. Either way, these guys should be major contributors, especially Gregory, the Gimp, Claiborne and Byron Jones.

The myth is that we've drafted well and it drives me crazy every time I hear it. You can't win if you don't hit on some day 2 draft picks. But we've even struck out on day 1 which I still consider the first 3 rounds, Dak and Zek not withstanding.

13. Appreciation JBond appreciated this post
    Props Doomsday, JBond gave props for this post

Members who have read this thread: 17