NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Even I who have always said it would take three Campo-type years for Jerry to pull the trigger am starting to think it may actually happen this year. There's too much heat from every direction now, to the point that people may stop caring. And that means less money for Jerry, and that means he might really fire his redheaded son.

It was bad enough last year but now it looks even worse. 8 years into the Process and its obvious there was no coherent plan. There is no Process and there is no Progress. Even Jerry knows it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was bad enough last year but now it looks even worse. 8 years into the Process and its obvious there was no coherent plan. There is no Process and there is no Progress. Even Jerry knows it.

he got 2016 feast season because dak and zeke

2017, 2018 right back to famine

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jason Garrett’s Dallas Cowboys are the only team in the entire league that doesn’t have a WR with a 100 yard game

But we don’t need a #1 WR right guys?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jason Garrett’s Dallas Cowboys are the only team in the entire league that doesn’t have a WR with a 100 yard game

But we don’t need a #1 WR right guys?

We don't "need a #1 WR"

We need a new offensive system and playcaller, and ultimately might need another QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You are so wrong, there is a Process.

Unfortunately it's a Process that's led to utter mediocrity with zero hope of ever being a real contender.

But there IS a process.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
You are so wrong, there is a Process.

Unfortunately it's a Process that's led to utter mediocrity with zero hope of ever being a real contender.

But there IS a process.

Yep, very much like the process thats turns cheese into Velveeta.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
eh, i put the tweet in both

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So, is yesterday the first example of a Jason Garrett led team outcoaching someone?

Anyone....anyone?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So, is yesterday the first example of a Jason Garrett led team outcoaching someone?

Anyone....anyone?

I have no fucking idea whats going on, damn league is nuts. I would have never thought they'd hang a 40 burger on J-ville, I thought they might win but not like this

we're stuck with Jason, et al for gawd knows how long because of games like yesterday

Reaction score

Anyone....anyone?

Garrett read the criticisms of the previous game, and did the opposite of his natural tendencies because he knows his ass depends upon it. He's comfortable again now, so expect a return to default soon.

If anything, the disgruntled fans on forums who were lent a voice through the media deserve the credit for the better game plan yesterday.

We (the royal "we") laid out the plan:

Defer, and kickoff to start the game.
Get Zeke more involved.
Get Beasely more involved.
Get Dak to run more if there is nobody open, or the pass protection is breaking down.
Take more shots downfield.
Go for it on 4th and short.

Our game plan worked so well that the Jags got blown out before they even really figured out that the Cowboys came to play. Jerry should be thanking all of us as should Garrett.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Garrett read the criticisms of the previous game, and did the opposite of his natural tendencies because he knows his ass depends upon it. He's comfortable again now, so expect a return to default soon.

If anything, the disgruntled fans on forums who were lent a voice through the media deserve the credit for the better game plan yesterday.

We (the royal "we") laid out the plan:

Defer, and kickoff to start the game.
Get Zeke more involved.
Get Beasely more involved.
Get Dak to run more if there is nobody open, or the pass protection is breaking down.
Take more shots downfield.
Go for it on 4th and short.

Our game plan worked so well that the Jags got blown out before they even really figured out that the Cowboys came to play. Jerry should be thanking all of us as should Garrett.

to dallas's credit, they had more than a few designed runs for dak

and they need to do shit like that WAYYYY more often..

dak looks very comfortable as a runner

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Beasley's post-game interview with Dallas radio was way interesting. He said teams have been concentrating on taking him out of the game but they knew Jacksonville wouldn't, from watching film. But then in the 2nd half they put a big linebacker on him, who he said was "beating me up pretty good but then we adjusted again."

So, if he is to be believed it shows that Dallas simply allows teams to take players away from the offense, basically letting the defense dictate to us, what we're going to do. This is the epitome of Garrett's stated "take what the defense gives us" philosophy and the exact reason we'll never be consistent week to week or even half to half. His idea of "adjusting" seems to be, stop trying.

Garrett has no core philosophy or beliefs other than "take what they give us."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

and they need to do shit like that WAYYYY more often..

dak looks very comfortable as a runner

Its one of his best attributes and one that helps the team.

I get the added risks of him running, but with our limitations in the passing game and teams ganging up to stop Zeke at all costs, Dak running is almost a gimmee on some of those plays. Until teams start playing it we should keep doing it.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Garrett has no core philosophy or beliefs other than "take what they give us."

Which is why I always accuse him of being a limp dick coward.
I've always thought a good coach had to have the guts of a burglar when required. Garrett just hopes the house is unlocked.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Which is why I always accuse him of being a limp dick coward.
I've always thought a good coach had to have the guts of a burglar when required. Garrett just hopes the house is unlocked.

Yeah unlocked and unoccupied.

Top Bottom