Reaction score
8 turnovers in a preseason game vs Arizona-08-27-18

Is this a record?

It might be as many as three different new records of shame, but I'm having trouble finding specific info on Cowboys team records for turnovers. It looks like I might have to go by box scores, but that is tedious.

The three new possible records of shame:

1) Most turnovers lost - game
2) Most turnovers lost - half (1st or 2nd)
3) Most turnovers lost - 1st half specifically

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Bob Sturm:

The Cowboys were a MINUS-8 in turnovers last night. The fantastic game finder at profootballreference.com does not catalogue preseason historical stats, but according to their game finder, there have been 19 occasions of -8 in a regular season or post-season NFL game. To nobody’s surprise, the teams with that negative differential are 0-19. But to my surprise, the last time it happened was during Super Bowl 27 when the Bills were on the wrong side of the Dallas Cowboys freight train in Pasadena. And that, boys and girls, is how last night was like Super Bowl 27.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-27-at-8.45.18-AM.png

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Bob Sturm:

The Cowboys were a MINUS-8 in turnovers last night. The fantastic game finder at profootballreference.com does not catalogue preseason historical stats, but according to their game finder, there have been 19 occasions of -8 in a regular season or post-season NFL game. To nobody’s surprise, the teams with that negative differential are 0-19. But to my surprise, the last time it happened was during Super Bowl 27 when the Bills were on the wrong side of the Dallas Cowboys freight train in Pasadena. And that, boys and girls, is how last night was like Super Bowl 27.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-27-at-8.45.18-AM.png

Garrett is remarkable. He was able to accomplish something that hasnt been done in 26 years.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Is there a way that anybody could hack into the Stadium big screen for home games and have all these Garrett accomplishments scroll along the screen during the games? LOL

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Is there a way that anybody could hack into the Stadium big screen for home games and have all these Garrett accomplishments scroll along the screen during the games? LOL

If anyone does this please make the screen saver Jerry picking his nose.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Jerry is such a fucking ******. he still doesn't understand exactly why he was voted in. He thinks it had something to do with how he ran the team or winning 3 super bowls.

It didn't.

Reaction score

This would be the greatest angry Cowboys fans moment in history.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I'd trade all 5 for new ownership and a noose around his neck hanging from the Vidja-board until his carcass turns to dust

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry is such a fucking ******. he still doesn't understand exactly why he was voted in. He thinks it had something to do with how he ran the team or winning 3 super bowls.

It didn't.
I actually think he knows. I think he realizes it's because of all his business dealings, how much the value of his team has increased, getting the fourth network involved to increase the TV revenue deal, etc.

You always hear that Jerry considers himself the most important owner in the league, and I think it's because he believes he's made the league richer. I can't imagine he thinks it's because of those Superbowls 25 years ago.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually think he knows. I think he realizes it's because of all his business dealings, how much the value of his team has increased, getting the fourth network involved to increase the TV revenue deal, etc.

You always hear that Jerry considers himself the most important owner in the league, and I think it's because he believes he's made the league richer. I can't imagine he thinks it's because of those Superbowls 25 years ago.

I'm ok with Jerry the binness man, it's Jerry the owner/GM/running of the franchise that sux.

There's no question he helped make the idiot NFL people a ton of money. What's funny is some of the marketing strategies they (league office and other owners) were ridiculing him for they now all gladly do themselves.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm ok with Jerry the binness man, it's Jerry the owner/GM/running of the franchise that sux.

There's no question he helped make the idiot NFL people a ton of money. What's funny is some of the marketing strategies they (league office and other owners) were ridiculing him for they now all gladly do themselves.

The rest of the owners all do it so they can keep up with the Jones’s

Badumpbump

Reaction score
This was the worst preseason in Cowboys history from a scoring perspective.

It was also only the sixth time the franchise has gone winless in preseason, however it has twice happened under Garrett in the span of 4 years.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
this isnt really a record or a stat, but my biggest ongoing gripe with Garrett is that I cannot think of very many games where at halftime, he made key adjustments and out coached the opponent in the 2nd half.

Top Bottom