NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Whats listed in this thread is already enough to make a grown fan cry but it seems like its just the tip of the iceberg for all the epic fails we've seen from the red clown.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thgere was the one where a QB with a rating of 140+ has only lost a small handful of times, but Romo has three of them. He's the only QB with multiple losses under that scenario including the only one to lose in the playoffs under that same circumstance.

I know exactly what you're talking about and I was looking for that stat. I think Percey posted it at CZ a couple of years back. The only thing I could find was the following stat from 2014 which is along the same lines of your post and is equally insane:

"Now consider this hypothetical scenario: Tony Romo has an official career W/L record of 63-45. If Romo had Matt Ryan's win percentage of .429 in poor games, his record in those games would change from 2-12 to 6-8. Similarly, if Romo had Ryan's .944 win percentage in 100+ rating games, his record in those games would rocket from 39-15 to 51-3. Combined, that's a 16-game swing that would give Romo a career record of 79-29 instead of the current 63-45. Think about that. That's the type of player Romo could be - with the right team around him."

EDIT: 51 and 3? That's just sick and it tells you how much this club let Romo down and it's going to do the same thing to Prescott.

Reaction score
It is simply amazing how bad the defense has been for the last, what, 14 or 15 years other than a couple of outliers. Had a Landry or Jimmy been running the show the last decade and a half the Cowboys probably win one or two Super Bowls because they would not be capable of fielding such shit defenses. No way in hell even if they had to constantly churn the waiver wire and raid practice squads. Even just a decent defense, not even dominant, would have made such a huge difference.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
One of my favs.............

Watch the last 1 min of this highlight clip to see the master at work.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4QzpqurBuc[/video]

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

And he could have called a TO with 23 seconds left on 2nd down. It would have given them more than enough time to run a play and spike it. God I hate Garrett.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4QzpqurBuc[/video]

Thank you, that Ravens game is always forgotten. But to only gain TWO YARDS (really looked more like 1.5) with 26 seconds and a time out left? To only run ONE PLAY and then burn the clock down for a 51 yard FG in the cold and wind? Absolutely horrendous.

And keep in mind this was in 2012, the year AFTER the Arizona Ice Bailey fiasco where the same thing happened -- we had a long completion into Cards territory and then let the clock run all the way down before trying the long FG!

And of course Garrett when asked what happened in the Monday PC said, "I don't have a good answer for you on that." So not only is he a terrible coach, he consistently refuses to ever take responsibility.

He's the worst fraud ever and the reason you see other teams' logos in my avatar space.

The only thing worse than him might be the way the DFW media loves and protects him so much. Makes me sick.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oh and one more thing on that Ravens game... Wasn't even the point of your post, but at 1:26 you have the longest TD return in league history -- 108 yards. A little bonus Garrett fail record there, not that those are particularly hard to find.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I blame this on jeri, that's his MO, he loves to wildcat on players like this. You guys want to blame garret because he won't issue an ultimatum threatening to quit but unlike jeri claims, I dont believe him when he said:

In fact, I think thats why Jason keeps repeating the mantra "right kind of guy" in the face of all evidence to the contrary because I believe he's subtly trying to remind everyone thats what he believes so put 2+2 together as to why thats not the way it is.

I dont say this to defend Garrett, he's got plenty of flaws but it irks me that all the angst skips over jeri when he is the person most deserving of everyone's wrath. He hired Garret, he controls Garrett, he's more concerned about himself than winning, etc, etc, etc, etc and gawd only knows what kind of other bullshit he pulls behind the scenes.

Thats why I didn't make the thread title just Jason Garrett, I'd like to make it the entire 20+ year duration since jeri ran Jimmy off and perched himself solely on the throne.

regardless of whether my theory is right or wrong, this is yet another sad part of a sad list

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Of course it all starts with Jerry because he's the one who coveted and finally hired Garrett.

But that doesn't absolve Garrett. He's still a lousy coach and huge fraud. And Jerry isn't the one making all these massive game management errors, either. Hell, even Jerry knows when Jason is fricking up in real time:

cache.php

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thank you, that Ravens game is always forgotten. But to only gain TWO YARDS (really looked more like 1.5) with 26 seconds and a time out left? To only run ONE PLAY and then burn the clock down for a 51 yard FG in the cold and wind?

I wish I had the patience to go watch every game he's coached to see if this is true but it feels like once they hit the 35 yard line of their opponent, Garrett ass puckers up and farts like this:

Car Braking Skid Sound - YouTube

Seems like this has happened dozens of times but Bailey has managed to make most of them. Hell, come to think of it, I think it happened in the playoff last year vs Green Bay and Zeke was on the sidelines as well.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Oh and one more thing on that Ravens game... Wasn't even the point of your post, but at 1:26 you have the longest TD return in league history -- 108 yards. A little bonus Garrett fail record there, not that those are particularly hard to find.
I couldn't help but laugh watching Claiborne get beat for a touchdown AND injured on the same play. If one play summed up his Cowboys career, that was it.

Top Bottom