NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It would have to be so obvious that he has lost the locker room that there could be no possible way for Jerry to explain it away

There are still too many excuses floating around right now that Jerry can toss out at will to justify keeping him

The last thing in the world Jerry wants to do is fire the Red Fraud. He wants to win with the Fraud to show he was right and its the only reason Red is still here.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Was reminded of this doozy of a loss today:

Redskins Top Plays: Sean Taylor's Return vs. Dallas 11/5/2006 - YouTube

We need to get a list stickied of all the heart-wrenching, spectacular and next to impossible to lose games since jeri has taken over.
I'd completely forgotten about that game. It's like my brain's defense mechanism had suppressed all memory of it deep into my subconscious. Is there any way we can blame that one on Garrett, even though he wasn't there?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
cW2TJTU.jpg

and then he decided to work for jeri:

Redskins vs. Cowboys 9/19/2005 MNF - Ending - YouTube

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Add in near record bad performance by one position (LT) to his list of accomplishments.

Gave up 8 sacks to a team that coming in that had just 18 for the previous 8 games.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, might be the most gullible person in history of fan boards:

I am 100% supporter of Coach Garrett and I LOVE what he is doing.

Is he perfect? ...... Nope
Is he Tom Landry? ...... Nope
Is he the best HC in NFL? .... Nope

But except for the odd game, he preps my team, he gets them ready for every game, they respond to him, play for him.
Except for the odd 2015 season, we are ALWAYS relevant to week 17.

And yes, I believe Jason Garret will take us to the Superbowl.

While they make fans happy, I don't like one-off triumphs, I like the "process" that establishes a winning culture and enjoy seeing it develop. And I do see it here since coach Garrett took over, the whole organization looks better since he took over.

That's my opinion

Reaction score
6 sacks to one player in one game is a new Cowboys record of shame. That has never happened before. Hell, it was a new record at 5 sacks. That's how much fail went into that, and Garrett gets a good share of it because of the lack of either helping the scrub, or benching him sooner. We made Clayborne into the greatest defensive end in NFL history for one game. He'll go back to being a JAG for the rest of his career now as is the way of the Curse of the Cowboy.

Aikman called it the worst performance he had ever seen. I can't disagree with him. Even Phil Pozderac could at least get in the way of a pass rusher from time to time. It was worse than Rob Petitti bad. It was even worse than Torrin Tucker bad.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm stuck on a crossword...

what's a 7-letter word for a red-headed puppet with no balls???

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Aikman called it the worst performance he had ever seen. I can't disagree with him. Even Phil Pozderac could at least get in the way of a pass rusher from time to time. It was worse than Rob Petitti bad. It was even worse than Torrin Tucker bad.

It was so bad that he couldn't even get close enough to HOLD the guy.

Most of them were complete whiffs, which adds to my theory that he tanked on purpose. He had never played like that (college or pro). The fact our shit for brains staff didn't get on him or bench him (until right at the end) is a complete clusterfuck on their behalf.

This entire staff should be wiped out this offseason.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Last nights performance adds another outstanding record for Garrett’s Cowboys

That was the first time in franchise history that the team has ever allowed a single player to get 5 or more sacks in a single game

Garrett’s outstanding coaching allowed him to achieve something that no other coach in franchise history had. Congrats coach! You da best!

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Long list of these "accomplishments" now.

I may have to do as promised- compile and overnight to Cowboys HQ to the Jones family.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I may have to do as promised- compile and overnight to Cowboys HQ to the Jones family.

We and all of Cowboys fandom ought to put money together and rent billboard space detailing this. Another billboard with a counter of a petition to fire Garrett. Another billboard with the question: Jim Harbaugh anyone?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guys we have it all wrong.

I just read on CZ that Garrett is a good HC. He was COTY last year and he is the same coach who won us 12 games in 2014 and 13 games last year.

Let there be no questions about the process any longer.

Reaction score
Garrett actually makes me miss Barry Switzer. Barry did his best to stay out of the team's way which lead to that one extra SB over Shitsburgh. We had 12 win seasons with Barry too, so Garrett doesn't even have that on him. Switzer also kicks Garrett's ass in career playoff victories as Cowboys Coach. Switzer was even much more fun in interviews when he would say something honest, and piss off whoever decided to get butt hurt about it like Dave Shula or Ray Rhodes.

Conclusion: Switzer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Garrett

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Please do and can you post the compiled list (that we continually update) at the top of this thread that keeps the list of all of his "accomplishments" in one easy to read post?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Staubach as owner, Jim Harbaugh or David Shaw as coach

my dream scenario instead of jeri in the late 80's

Even at Staubachs age, you can still see the competitive fire he has and it would KILL him to see the shit that happens in the field with this team and no way he'd do nothing but shrug his shoulders like our GM does

Top Bottom