Running list of Jason Garrett embarrassing records and stats - Page 46
Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Running list of Jason Garrett embarrassing records and stats

1. Back To Top    #676
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree89 View Post
    What pisses me off is that Garrett is a bright guy,
    I don't see where you get him being at all overly bright. He's a Ivy League automaton, just drones out all the same shit like a programmed android. He's "book smart" but otherwise just a mannequin with nary an original or creative thought or idea. He is a dullard with a degree, a useful idiot who also never learns a fucking thing from experience.
    COWBOYS UNDERGROUND

2. Appreciation TheZoneSucks appreciated this post
    Props NoMoRedJ, ThoughtExperiment gave props for this post
  3. Back To Top    #677
    What pisses me off is that Garrett is a bright guy, a.
    If he's so bright, how does he routinely butcher even the simplest game management decisions?

How come over the last several years with the best RB's and one of the best OL's in football, he cant insist on simply running the ball in from short yardage around the goal line?
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

4. Back To Top    #678
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    I don't see where you get him being at all overly bright. He's a Ivy League automaton, just drones out all the same shit like a programmed android. He's "book smart" but otherwise just a mannequin with nary an original or creative thought or idea. He is a dullard with a degree, a useful idiot who also never learns a fucking thing from experience.

5. Back To Top    #679
    What pisses me off is that Garrett is a bright guy, a football lifer.....but he cannot out-coach anyone. How is this possible? Is it just pure stubborness where he is so locked in on his beliefs where he isnt flexible? Players and assistant coaches have come and gone, yet the end results remain the same. I really dont get it.
    He got moved along too fast, he was always around football but didnt have much experience in the various roles coaches typically take on as they climb the ladder so he has nothing to pull from, books can only take you so far. He needed years of experience in the trenches making decisions under pressure, leaning from successes and mistakes to hone his craft.

His situation reminds me of monopoly when you get the card "Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200"

Except Garrett got a card from jeri that said "Go directly to head coach, Do not work your way up the ranks. Do collect millions"

I also think there are countless things we're not privy to that undermines the coaching Garrett is trying to do, I dont say that to defend his shortcomings elsewhere but I am virtually certain we are not seeing the exact coach he would like to be but he chose to be Jeri's lackey and he has no one to blame but himself.
    Sorry Jerry Totin if this offends you

6. lulz TheZoneSucks lulz'd this
  7. Back To Top    #680
    Quote Originally Posted by yimyammer View Post
    He got moved along too fast, he was always around football but didnt have much experience in the various roles coaches typically take on as they climb the ladder so he has nothing to pull from, books can only take you so far. He needed years of experience in the trenches making decisions under pressure, leaning from successes and mistakes to hone his craft.

His situation reminds me of monopoly when you get the card "Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200"

Except Garrett got a card from jeri that said "Go directly to head coach, Do not work your way up the ranks. Do collect millions"

I also think there are countless things we're not privy to that undermines the coaching Garrett is trying to do, I dont say that to defend his shortcomings elsewhere but I am virtually certain we are not seeing the exact coach he would like to be but he chose to be Jeri's lackey and he has no one to blame but himself.
    I never played HS or college football. My dad wasnt a coach or a scout. But Ive been watching football for over 40 years. I dont have any pedigree and I wouldnt make the blunders the Red Fraud has made. And I can promise you that if I made some of the bonehead blunders Red has made I would learn not to do it again because I wouldnt want the embarrassment. Red will never be a good coach. He would have shown something by now and he has shown he's nothing but a clown as a HC.

8. Props TheZoneSucks gave props for this post
  9. Back To Top    #681
    What pisses me off is that Garrett is a bright guy, a football lifer.....but he cannot out-coach anyone. How is this possible? Is it just pure stubborness where he is so locked in on his beliefs where he isnt flexible? Players and assistant coaches have come and gone, yet the end results remain the same. I really dont get it.
    Garrett’s entire coaching mantra is predicated upon lining up across from your man and beating him. It’s that simple.

The problem is that our man can not beat the other teams man more often then not.

10. Back To Top    #682

11. Appreciation Doomsday, Dodger12, TheZoneSucks appreciated this post
  12. Back To Top    #683
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Garrett’s entire coaching mantra is predicated upon lining up across from your man and beating him. It’s that simple.

The problem is that our man can not beat the other teams man more often then not.
    then the real problem is, why doesnt Garrett adjust.
    My avatar is my Cocker Spaniel pup named COWBOY. This always happens to him after he watches the first half of Jason Garrett's offensive game plan.

13. Back To Top    #684
    then the real problem is, why doesnt Garrett adjust.
    No need to adjust if you just beat the man across from you

14. Back To Top    #685
    Quote Originally Posted by yimyammer View Post
    Dont know if this is true but some zoner said:

If accurate, congrats Garrett, you're a 14 percenter!
    Technically Seattle scored 21 pts, but 7 of those were a pick 6.

Defense yielded only 60 passing yards and 136 total yards of offense, and we lost, at home.

15. Appreciation yimyammer, TheZoneSucks appreciated this post
  16. Back To Top    #686
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    Technically Seattle scored 21 pts, but 7 of those were a pick 6.

Defense yielded only 60 passing yards and 136 total yards of offense, and we lost, at home.
    It's another one of those 140+ QB rating and 500 yards passing, and still lose. Has happened maybe 5 or 6 times last time I checked, and 3 were Tony Romo, with also being the only one in the playoffs to pull this off. Not sure if I have that exactly correct, and I'm pretty sure it's buried on a previous page in this thread, but the general idea is correct.

17. Back To Top    #687

18. Appreciation Dodger12, dbair1967 appreciated this post
    Props Dodger12 gave props for this post
  19. Back To Top    #688
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    you beat me to this, was coming to post as well and did in the Dak thread

this is a good video, albeit depressing

20. Appreciation icup appreciated this post
  21. Back To Top    #689
    JERRY:

22. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  23. Back To Top    #690
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    JERRY:

One tard got arrogant asking what the Giants had to be confident about.

Ummm... their opponent is the Cowboys? Even the Browns would have reason to be confident against Dallas right now.

Also, hey Jerry! That graph... YOU built that. Swallow that with your next shot of Johnny Walker.

24. lulz yimyammer lulz'd this
    Props yimyammer gave props for this post

Members who have read this thread: 50