theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Vegas odds shifted today and now Red Plague is by far the most likely to be fired DURING the season.

:popcorn

I'd be shocked if Jerry had him surgically removed during the season. It would probably take a humiliating home loss, followed by somebody like Sean Lee saying he lost the locker room. Just dont see it happening.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Jerry had him surgically removed from his ass during the season. It would probably take a humiliating home loss, followed by somebody like Sean Lee saying he lost the locker room. Just dont see it happening.

fyp

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I've seen more social media posts about firing Garrett today, I mean holy shit.
Even the diehard "Cowboys are the bestest" FB groups are posting #Fire Garrett rants.
I'm down with him getting handed a box to put his shit in, the sooner the better.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Even the diehard "Cowboys are the bestest" FB groups are posting #Fire Garrett rants.
I'm down with him getting handed a box to put his shit in, the sooner the better.

8+ years and its finally starting. Hopefully the teflon on Red is starting to wear off like it does on a cheap frying pan.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
giphy.gif

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
good morning

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Jerry had him surgically removed during the season. It would probably take a humiliating home loss, followed by somebody like Sean Lee saying he lost the locker room. Just dont see it happening.

Damnit man, quit dashing our hopes

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
This is so Garrett. Vintage Garrett.

good morning

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

So would I. Considering it'd be stepping on a family friends balls, Jerry probably feels obligated to handle him with care. Stupid ass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So would I. Considering it'd be stepping on a family friends balls, Jerry probably feels obligated to handle him with care. Stupid ass.

That was fine until about 2012.

5-6 yrs later, it should be a fucking no-brainer. Dude cant coach a lick.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Before the third 8-8 season was over it was obvious Red didnt have IT, whatever it is that a good coach needs to be successful.

I wouldnt ever rate the Clapper as an average coach. His teams have under achieved every season with him clapping.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Just sitting here wondering if Ginger Jesus will get his picture taken with Rich Kotite, Chan Gailey and all the other coaches that should have never been head of NFL teams.
I truly believe this is his last year, the sooner the better.
Jerry might say or act like everything's fine, but I've got to think he's paying attention to reality. Especially when guys like Aikman, Witten, and others are speaking up.
Frankly I'd be amazed if we're not 2-5 at the bye week. The schedule after that looks pretty lousy too.
Will Jerry fire him then? Who knows, he loves him some Clapper. I just don't believe a couple of fluke wins will save the feckless ****.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
That was fine until about 2012.

5-6 yrs later, it should be a fucking no-brainer. Dude cant coach a lick.

And Jones is a terrible GM. It's a no-brainer for us, for this clown it's business as usual.
I don't see a mid-season firing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before the third 8-8 season was over it was obvious Red didnt have IT, whatever it is that a good coach needs to be successful.

I wouldnt ever rate the Clapper as an average coach. His teams have under achieved every season with him clapping.

"IT" would include clock management and general game management. I knew it early on. And mistakes became almost impossible to overcome, just like during the Campo years; everything and every mistake was magnified. So we'd always point to a loss and go "if that one play didn't happen," "or if we would have run instead of passed in a certain scenario,", etc. Everything just magnified.

When a team is a winner, they can overcome those mistakes. But we basically had to play perfect football and count on a 4th quarter comeback to carry JG's sorry ass. When that didn't happen, everything was magnified and a near perfect game by our QB would be for nothing. Coaching matters.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
"IT" would include clock management and general game management. I knew it early on. And mistakes became almost impossible to overcome, just like during the Campo years; everything and every mistake was magnified. So we'd always point to a loss and go "if that one play didn't happen," "or if we would have run instead of passed in a certain scenario,", etc. Everything just magnified.

When a team is a winner, they can overcome those mistakes. But we basically had to play perfect football and count on a 4th quarter comeback to carry JG's sorry ass. When that didn't happen, everything was magnified and a near perfect game by our QB would be for nothing. Coaching matters.

The list could go on and on. Monumental losses when you have a lead that no other team in NFL history had lost. Garrett has been a pioneer in losing games that no other coach in NFL history could lose.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Even I who have always said it would take three Campo-type years for Jerry to pull the trigger am starting to think it may actually happen this year. There's too much heat from every direction now, to the point that people may stop caring. And that means less money for Jerry, and that means he might really fire his redheaded son.

Top Bottom