NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
There's no way Garrett gets fired. We'd have to lose out, and even then it wouldn't happen.

Harbaugh in this division would be a nightmare, though.

If he were in Dallas it would be for the rest of the division. The guy is a difference maker. Compared to Garrett he has to be worth 3 wins a season. The roster has good enough talent to win and Harbaugh would be ideal for this team. So Jerry would never do it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, Jerry would never, ever bring in Harbaugh especially with the stories of him being such a control freak.

Preaching to the choir on what a great coach he is, though. IMO he's up there with Belichick and Saban.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, Jerry would never, ever bring in Harbaugh especially with the stories of him being such a control freak.

Preaching to the choir on what a great coach he is, though. IMO he's up there with Belichick and Saban.

Who would have thought that Jerry would bring in Parcells until he did it? All this sets up for him to bring in Harbaugh. He went through three puppets before he brought in Parcells, and after Parcells he has had two puppets --- don't think he'll make it three.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who would have thought that Jerry would bring in Parcells until he did it?
Jerry needed a stadium so he brought in Parcels. He doesnt another one of those so it will be another drinking buddy type like Art Briles, who wont mind having his coaching staff picked for him or giving Jerry credit if they miraculously win somehow. Anybody worth a shit is going to want control and not a family photo full of silver spooned retards playing grab ass in the war room on draft day. In short it wont be anybody worth a shit, it will be another cash strapped retread.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry needed a stadium so he brought in Parcels. He doesnt another one of those so it will be another drinking buddy type like Art Briles, who wont mind having his coaching staff picked for him or giving Jerry credit if they miraculously win somehow. Anybody worth a shit is going to want control and not a family photo full of silver spooned retards playing grab ass in the war room on draft day. In short it wont be anybody worth a shit, it will be another cash strapped retread.

Sounds like Bill Cower or Jon Gruden. Although I would not be shocked at all if he fired Garrett and just promoted Linehan to HC/OC. That’s really more of a Jerry hire.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett isn’t going anywhere

He has the video of Jerry and the midget down syndrome stripper orgy to prove it

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stop making fun of Clap On, Clap Off, The Clapper.

giphy.gif
fuck-off.gif

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just realized that the meme I posted earlier in this thread showing the win count of each HC has a picture of Garrett clapping. LMAO
How apropos

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
As I mentioned in pick thread, I wont be a bit surprised with an embarrassing loss today to a bad football team.

And the Clown will probably survive and coach next week too.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
As I mentioned in pick thread, I wont be a bit surprised with an embarrassing loss today to a bad football team.

And the Clown will probably survive and coach next week too.

Built in excuses are in place. Zeke saga. National Anthem destroying team unity. Too many rookie DB's. 5 games into the season and Jerry loves having excuses in place already.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Any chance the player would give up on Red like they did Wade?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any chance the player would give up on Red like they did Wade?

The players didn't give up on Wade. Both Jerry and Garrett manufactured that scenario. You don't sit through three 5-11 seasons under Campo, and then fire the guy that got you to your first playoff win of the century, after one losing season. You damn sure do not fire him in the middle of the season.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The players didn't give up on Wade. Both Jerry and Garrett manufactured that scenario. You don't sit through three 5-11 seasons under Campo, and then fire the guy that got you to your first playoff win of the century, after one losing season. You damn sure do not fire him in the middle of the season.

Wade was too soft on those guys. He’s a great X’s and O’s guy but was not a good HC. Even he’ll tell you that. Watching them play the next season after lifting their skirts (again) it was clear they gave up on him. Then throw in the T.O. drama. Wade could have gone against Jerry’s wishes and took command of that locker room and he didn’t. Might it have cost him his job if he tried? Probably, but he got fired anyways. Why not go out fighting? Because he’s not wired that way. If you’re trying to get to a SB you can’t have your leader bring a passive person. I personally believe that’s why they gave up on Wade even though they all loved him as a person. They knew he wouldn’t be able to get it done.

I see a lot of the same personality traits in Garrett. We all know he’s Jerry’s boy and it would take a hell of a lot for him to fire Red but I believe our best chance for that to happen is if the team gave up on him like they did with Wade. If they get beat today by the Niners and with the remaining schedule I could see this thing snowballing and the team losing its inspiration. If Red can’t get them fired up to play then I believe Jerry would make a move. Maybe not until the off season but I think he’d do it. Again that’s my personal opinion.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wade was too soft on those guys. He’s a great X’s and O’s guy but was not a good HC. Even he’ll tell you that. Watching them play the next season after lifting their skirts (again) it was clear they gave up on him. Then throw in the T.O. drama. Wade could have gone against Jerry’s wishes and took command of that locker room and he didn’t. Might it have cost him his job if he tried? Probably, but he got fired anyways. Why not go out fighting? Because he’s not wired that way. If you’re trying to get to a SB you can’t have your leader bring a passive person. I personally believe that’s why they gave up on Wade even though they all loved him as a person. They knew he wouldn’t be able to get it done.

I do not disagree that he was a bit soft on them, but Garrett sandbagged him. No telling how the Cowboys could have and would have advanced had he picked his own OC.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I see a lot of the same personality traits in Garrett. We all know he’s Jerry’s boy and it would take a hell of a lot for him to fire Red but I believe our best chance for that to happen is if the team gave up on him like they did with Wade. If they get beat today by the Niners and with the remaining schedule I could see this thing snowballing and the team losing its inspiration. If Red can’t get them fired up to play then I believe Jerry would make a move. Maybe not until the off season but I think he’d do it. Again that’s my personal opinion.

I disagree. Garrett could lose out the remaining season, and he'll still keep his job. I believe that it will take two consecutive losing seasons before he's gone.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It would take at least two consecutive losing seasons PLUS him losing the entire locker room for him to lose his job

It would have to be so utterly blatant that there would be no excuse Jerry could possibly come up with to allow him to keep Garrett

Otherwise Garrett remains where he is at until further notice

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It would take at least two consecutive losing seasons PLUS him losing the entire locker room for him to lose his job

It would have to be so utterly blatant that there would be no excuse Jerry could possibly come up with to allow him to keep Garrett

Otherwise Garrett remains where he is at until further notice

I think two consecutive losing seasons is as sure a sign that he has lost the locker room. He's pretty much lost it now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It would have to be so obvious that he has lost the locker room that there could be no possible way for Jerry to explain it away

There are still too many excuses floating around right now that Jerry can toss out at will to justify keeping him

Top Bottom